• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Finnish Wing

Selanne getting his first fighting major

Rate this topic

That was NOTHING NOTHING compared to the pre-lockout fights..... If you want a textbook example of HOW to fight go here

Detroit vs. Avs

What has that to do with anything? You think I haven't seen that before? Geez. I said it "wasn't much of a fight" but still a first fighting major for a future HOFer at the age of 40 is kinda of surprising to me.

The Brookbank/Clifford fight was pretty entertaining. Brookbank got a few good ones in. But yeah, very surprising that Selanne would fight, especially given that it's the last game before playoffs, that could've been devastating.

That was NOTHING NOTHING compared to the pre-lockout fights..... If you want a textbook example of HOW to fight go here

Detroit vs. Avs

Wow, hey thats a really neat fight! Never seen that before.... Do you have anything else to share from wings history we may not know about?.... I know you're new here, but why dont you look around before assuming we know nothing about the Red Wings.

On topic, that was pretty bad officiating. I like Selanne, kind of sad to see him have to fight there, also dumb considering how close we are to the playoffs. Ehh whatever. GO WINGS

Guest Shoreline

That was some pretty good hits thrown by Brookbank I think it was, and Selanne really had nothing to benefit by dropping them. Surely if he wants to fight I wouldn't mind seeing him get teed off on.

Wow, hey thats a really neat fight! Never seen that before.... Do you have anything else to share from wings history we may not know about?.... I know you're new here, but why dont you look around before assuming we know nothing about the Red Wings.

On topic, that was pretty bad officiating. I like Selanne, kind of sad to see him have to fight there, also dumb considering how close we are to the playoffs. Ehh whatever. GO WINGS

I wasn't trying to be rude I was just trying to state my opinion. Now I do agree the Refs dropped the ball here. Sorry if I made anyone angry. I didn't mean it that way.

Brad Watson ranks up there with Dan O'Halloran on the REFS SUCK-O-METER

but hey, if Datsyuk could get in a fight, so could Selanne, right?

The Kings gameplan clearly included hitting Selanne whenever possible so he was definitely frustrated. I'm a Selanne fan, but he was looking old and beaten out there last night. Then at the end of the game he just froze the puck on the boards and made absolutely no attempt to move it. when the melee started I thought the refs were actually going to call Selanne for delay of game.

Like I said, I'm a Selanne fan but I had had it with him that game and his whining to the refs all night long, so it was nice to see someone punching him, though I wish it were someone on the Kings who could actually fight.

Clifford was having his way with Brookbank at the start of that fight, but that kid is all offense and no defense. It's at least the second time this season when he was winning a fight but left himself open and took a bomb to the face. The last time he got a concussion from it. Tough kid, but he's got to learn to protect himself or it's gonna be a short career.

Guest Shoreline

me thinks the commentators do not like fighting in the nhl.

I'm sure they do (given who is on their roster), they just don't want an enormous chunk of offensive scoring to go down just before the playoffs injuring himself in a fight of all things. I agree with this.