• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WorkingOvertime

Playoff Beard Time!

Rate this topic

I wish I could grow one, unfortunately my facial hair disagree's with growing a full manly beard and I look like a huge ******* when I attempt to grow one out. Just a bunch of patches and what not. dry.gif

For those of you looking for an alternative to the beard since you can't/aren't allowed to grow one, I invite you to join us in our little tradition. We started in '08, and you know what happened that year!

A while ago my girlfriend ordered me some of those bracelet Red Wings "Silly Bands" things, would you be able to count that? I'm determined to contribute!

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

I wish I could grow one, unfortunately my facial hair disagree's with growing a full manly beard and I look like a huge ******* when I attempt to grow one out. Just a bunch of patches and what not. dry.gif

I don't grow much of one myself- I'll be making mine a mustache after it gets to that point. I've been lucky enough to have other friends who like hockey, so we've gotten to enjoy the terribleness of our beards together.

In the process of shaving mine off so I can start from scratch, stupid beard trimmer died from being overworked. My wife says I now look like I'm 12 and doesn't want to kiss me b/c it's too weird. Also my son has vowed to not shave at all until the playoffs are over, though he is 8. It's the thought that counts.

Don't change your underwear all playoffs!

esteef

I havent so far this season, why the hell would I start now?!

Haha..

I'll be sporting more of a playoff Goatee. And I hope it ends up being a bloody long one.

I don't grow much of one myself- I'll be making mine a mustache after it gets to that point. I've been lucky enough to have other friends who like hockey, so we've gotten to enjoy the terribleness of our beards together.

As many hockey fan friend's as I do, its my girlfriend that requires me to shave the massacre that grows on my face. hehe.gif

regretfully i can't this year because of my job, i have to be clean shavin sooooo im tryin to think of some other tradition i can do...

Can't grow it this year because of work :crybaby: Any other playoff traditions?

Get new jobs. Problem solved! Now, grow some beards and LGW!

A while ago my girlfriend ordered me some of those bracelet Red Wings "Silly Bands" things, would you be able to count that? I'm determined to contribute!

I'm not sure what Silly Bands are (unless they're the contestants for April in the D), but if they go on your wrist and you can do red for a win and white for a loss, you're in. That's all that counts.

I will partake until I start my rotations for Physician Assistant school at the end of May.

Then I shave and switch to the bracelets.

Went clean shaven today as my tradition is always the day after the playoffs - Shave.

I had a nice trimmed beard going but couldn't bring myself to okay trimming instead of starting from scratch.

Wellllp, normally I do grow one and have since I was able to when I was 12 :lol: but this year, I am getting married. June 4th is the date so by that time, if we make it that far, I am guessing it would be at an epic growth rate (which isn't so bad ;) like in 2009. We will see, maybe the lady will allow a round by round beard??

Wellllp, normally I do grow one and have since I was able to when I was 12 :lol: but this year, I am getting married. June 4th is the date so by that time, if we make it that far, I am guessing it would be at an epic growth rate (which isn't so bad ;) like in 2009. We will see, maybe the lady will allow a round by round beard??

Get married with a full beard. It won't kill you. You had better not be messing this up too.

Congrats on the wedding.