• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Nashville vs. Anaheim

Rate this topic

The Ducks will win this series easily. I'm a Red Wings fan here in SoCal so I see them play quite a bit. They're coming in with a lot of momentum and they're going to be extremely, extremely tough. Don't be surprised to see them get past the first two rounds.

I actually think this could be a really good series. The Ducks have the more talented team but more questionable goaltending. The Preds match up really well against talented teams and can wear them down. If they can contain Anaheim's top line, who knows.

I still agree with others though, I think Anaheim will take it, but I'd love to see the Preds finally get a series.

Since being in Anaheim, Emery and Ellis are a combined 15-5-1 and I see them as streaky goalies--extremely tough to beat if they're on. Also, my understanding is that Emery has been somewhat of a model citizen since being here (my son plays youth hockey in the Jr. Ducks club). They've got some young players that have really stepped it up (e.g. Fowler), and with guys like Perry, Getlaf, Selanne, and Ryan offensively, they could go deep into the playoffs.

Ducks in 5.

Well, that was my opinion about the excitement level that this series will generate.

Just being honest about it.

Honesty's good. :cool:

For local hockey fans it will generate a lot of excitement. The fan base is growing out here and hockey fans, no matter where they are, are loyal to their sport. Hockey needs teams like the Ducks who are dedicated to growing the sport and the Ducks organization does a lot in the community to do just that (including starting a High School Hockey League). Also, it doesn't hurt having someone like Teemu Selanne on your team. Very well liked and takes whatever time his young fans require of him to say hello or sign autographs--class act all the way. Now when you say the name Perry, I cringe--don't care for him at all. Getzlaf, just a beast. I'd love for him to be a Red Wing.

My 2 cents...

Heck, other than our series (which doesn't really count because I'll watch whether it's exciting or not), Pens-Lightning, and Bruins-Habs, this is the series I'm most looking forward to. Ducks get a little of their own medicine? Yes, please! Weber vs. Getzlaf? Sure! Works for me...

The Preds can grind it out, but if Anaheim's goalies show up, I'm going to give it to them. No idea how many games it'll take.

I have been waiting all season to bring this up. Remember this post HoH? If you even see this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/bernsy005/LGWpost.jpg

I see you there. It was funny at the time. :P

Unfortunately a rotating cast of jackasses have decided that they're really good at hockey (and making me miserable). I would love for Nashville to beat them, but I doubt it.

I see you there. It was funny at the time. :P

Unfortunately a rotating cast of jackasses have decided that they're really good at hockey (and making me miserable). I would love for Nashville to beat them, but I doubt it.

Haha yea, they were playing pretty bad at the time so I was kinda going out on a limb but I still think there is a chance we play them these playoffs. Nashville wants to win a playoff series though so they won't go quietly.