Photo
- - - - -

Nashville vs. Anaheim

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#161 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:02 AM

Well, that was quite funnydepressing.

there u go
Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#162 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:03 AM

Ayyyye. Nashville finally wins a game 5 in OT.

#163 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:03 AM

Nashville has an absurd amount of cap space. Not a chance he ever leaves.

they have an internal cap.

#164 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:04 AM

if preds win i will punch something and burn it

I would approve of this if it were Randy Carlyle.

#165 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:04 AM

ALRIGHT PREDS! WAY TO GO!

Would be nice to see the preds win themselves their first playoff series. They haven't been able to on account of running into us every year ;).

I hate anaheim with a passion. Their time zone, Fairy Perry (I like that one by the way), GetMeOff Getzlaf, f*** em.

Close it out preds! Get rid of another west coast team!
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#166 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

Kinda reminds me of the Cleary goal in '09. Dman's in good shape in front of the net (although then it was Pronger) then goes chasing after a guy behind the net for god knows what reason and gets burned.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#167 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:06 AM

they have an internal cap.

Which is ignored when it comes to retaining a guy like Weber. Hockey is thriving there and they are making more and more money there.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#168 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:08 AM

Which is ignored when it comes to retaining a guy like Weber. Hockey is thriving there and they are making more and more money there.

we'll see. time will tell

#169 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:08 AM

Whoooo Preds! :siren: Huge win especially after coming so close to losing.. First ever chance to close out a series at home, you gotta believe they are gonna get it done. :thumbup:

#170 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:10 AM

Kinda reminds me of the Cleary goal in '09. Dman's in good shape in front of the net (although then it was Pronger) then goes chasing after a guy behind the net for god knows what reason and gets burned.

Yep. Nothing good ever happens when a d-man goes chasing below the goal line. Leave that to a forward and stand your ground in front of the net.

#171 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

Aye. He's not going anywhere.

#172 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:21 AM

Hopefully the Preds take this series. Would suck having three teams in the PST zone with the Wings being the only one in the EST. Obviously the Sharks would have an advantage since they haven't had much travel and no time zone changes.

#173 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

Watching the replays of the Ryan goal, Webber quit skating back, not once, but twice. If he keeps skating hard he has a good chance to take that play away from Ryan. Weber is lazy and sucks. :)

#174 Grateful Gadsby

Grateful Gadsby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:31 AM

ALRIGHT PREDS! WAY TO GO!

Would be nice to see the preds win themselves their first playoff series. They haven't been able to on account of running into us every year ;).

I hate anaheim with a passion. Their time zone, Fairy Perry (I like that one by the way), GetMeOff Getzlaf, f*** em.

Close it out preds! Get rid of another west coast team!

Amen. The other thing I absolutely hate about the Ducks is their classless prick of a coach. Ever hear him in post-game interviews? Total jackass. The team's bad attitude and dirty play is no doubt a reflection of Carlyle. No big surprise, really, since he was a total cheap-shotting punk as a player, too.

Edited by Grateful Gadsby, 23 April 2011 - 06:40 AM.

#175 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

Could Nashville actually win a playoff series?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#176 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

I think the Ducks will win Game 6. The Preds will be out there for sure trying to eagerly close out a series at home for the first time ever, but I think the Ducks will be well focused and composed, earning them a 3-2 win.
40 for life.

#177 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

Amen. The other thing I absolutely hate about the Ducks is their classless prick of a coach. Ever hear him in post-game interviews? Total jackass.

Tape don't lie.

#178 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:25 PM

I think the Ducks will win Game 6. The Preds will be out there for sure trying to eagerly close out a series at home for the first time ever, but I think the Ducks will be well focused and composed, earning them a 3-2 win.

Agreed. Nashville and Anaheim are pretty evenly matched. This series goes to seven.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#179 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:56 PM

It's pretty amazing to think the Ducks are even in a playoff series and have a chance to win considering how they started this season.

#180 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

Still in the bottom 3rd of the league in attendance, and according to Forbes (as of last season) they have lost money every year since the lockout (even with a low-end payroll). Granted, I'd still be shocked if they let Weber escape, but they are far, far, from 'thriving'.

It's pretty amazing to think the Ducks are even in a playoff series and have a chance to win considering how they started this season.

No kidding. Basically one line + Selanne, and a defense that looks horrible on paper...I figured they'd be eliminated by Chirstmas.