• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Firehawk

Round 1: Wings vs. Coyotes

Rate this topic

Not too worried about the Coyotes but Shane Doan scares me. They would have been more of a threat if Doan hadn't injured himself throwing his weight around last year and put himself out for a couple of games. Look for him to do that some more this year.

I think we will have some problems with that, but otherwise this team doesn't scare me.

Wings in 5.

Phoenix were definitely my preferred first round opponent. Glad we didn't get Anaheim or Nashville.

I remember building a pretty strong hatred for Shane Doan last year :lol: I wonder if that will continue.

Detroit in 6.

Last year we struggled to get a decent standing, and we started on the road. I think this year we will take it to Phoenix more than we did last year, hence my prediction Wings in 5.

I really hope we start out well at home. We need to protect home ice.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Wings playing for their post season, Coyotes playing for their team (literally).

Wings in 5

As the poster above said, last year the Wings had to fight for their lives just to make playoffs and also had to start on the road; they were out of gas. Also, last year the Wings were lacking the depth that they possess this year. Sure, Hank is out for at least part of the series, but we can now have some dominate lines all the way through with the additions of Hudler and Modano. I do not think that Phoenix can match the depth of Detroit, and if Detroit gets going the way they want to, they should have this series in the bag in 5 games and then hopefully get to sit and watch the rest of the nhl. Another good thing about a nice early win is that it gives Hank more time to get ready with the team without having to worry about coming into a series half way through.

Here is to the Wings in 5, and more importantly, I think they will let all teams in the NHL know that the Joe is still the one place you do NOT want to play in the playoffs. GO WINGS

I think people are seriously underestimating the Coyotes. They are very deep on D and of course have great goaltending. They don't have any stars on offense, but a lot of guys in the 16-20 goal range. The main strength of the team may be its' tenacity, they rarely ever give up on a game and are one of the hardest working teams in the league.

Wings in a hard fought 7.

If Doan tries to act tough this time, Ericsson needs to step in there and quiet him down. After all, he did injure Ericsson last year at one point.

I think the Wings have to actually take this one seriously. You know, unlike last year, where we monkeyed around all the way till game 7 ;)

I think people are seriously underestimating the Coyotes. They are very deep on D and of course have great goaltending. They don't have any stars on offense, but a lot of guys in the 16-20 goal range. The main strength of the team may be its' tenacity, they rarely ever give up on a game and are one of the hardest working teams in the league.

Wings in a hard fought 7.

there highest goal scorer was 20 goals Shane Doan im not worried about them at all they cant compete with the wings

there highest goal scorer was 20 goals Shane Doan im not worried about them at all they cant compete with the wings

They did last year, and the Wings have looked bored too often this season.

If they play as lazily as they did last year against Phoenix, this could be another long series. Unnecessarily at that.

SERIES G

#3 vs. #6

Network

Wednesday, April 13 at Detroit, 7:00 p.m. TBA

Saturday, April 16 at Detroit, 1:00 p.m. TBA

Monday, April 18 at Phoenix, 10:30 p.m. TBA

Wednesday, April 20 at Phoenix, 10:30 p.m. TBA

*Friday, April 22 at Detroit, 7:00 p.m. TBA

*Sunday, April 24 at Phoenix, TBD TBA

*Wednesday, April 27 at Detroit, TBD TBA

SERIES G

#3 vs. #6

Network

Wednesday, April 13 at Detroit, 7:00 p.m. TBA

Saturday, April 16 at Detroit, 1:00 p.m. TBA

Monday, April 18 at Phoenix, 10:30 p.m. TBA

Wednesday, April 20 at Phoenix, 10:30 p.m. TBA

*Friday, April 22 at Detroit, 7:00 p.m. TBA

*Sunday, April 24 at Phoenix, TBD TBA

*Wednesday, April 27 at Detroit, TBD TBA

I like this schedule, mainly because I only work Tuesday and Thursday lol

I'm not worried about the Yotes at all either. This team is not as deep as they were last year especially without Wojtek Wolski. Wings will win in 5 but it will be a physical 5 games. The big red machine will just be too much to handle for Phoenix.