• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

Congratulations to Zenon Konopka

Rate this topic

Only player to hit 300 PIM this season, with a total of 307 PIM. :clap: It's his second year in a row winning this category.

In fact, the next closest was Chris Neil with 210 minutes.

Boy, I remember when there used to be 10 guys or so every season to hit 300. Now, it's a truly rare feat, with the way the league suspends tough guys and the fact that pure enforcers don't play in the game anymore.

Boy, I remember when there used to be 10 guys or so every season to hit 300. Now, it's a truly rare feat, with the way the league suspends tough guys and the fact that pure enforcers don't play in the game anymore.

I see you're in a very reminiscent mood about the 'good-ole days' today. I'll join. I remember when there was more than one Russian on the Wings... =(

If Trevor Gillies ever plays a full NHL season he will destroy 300 PIM.

That's the thing; Konopka hits 300 because he doesn't do stupid s*** to get himself suspended. Gillies is much more of the blockhead goon type than Konopka. Konopka played 8-9 minutes at even strength for the Isles, plus playing PK. Gillies played THREE.

Gillies would probably clear 300, but he shouldn't play an NHL season because he's not an NHL player. He averaged 3 minutes per night and played half a season (partially of his own doing due to suspension) on a team that was hit hard by injuries at forward, yet was still one of the league's worst. He simply isn't an NHL caliber player. Trevor Gillies is like former Portland Buckaroos defenseman Jack Stewart. Name doesn't guarantee performance.

Good thing he told the ref to go f*ck himself or he wouldn't have gotten that extra 10 minutes. Imagine being just shy of 300 PIM's. They probably wouldn't allow him entry at the country club otherwise.

I'm sure he raised his value to near Boogaard proportions. :ph34r:

Only player to hit 300 PIM this season, with a total of 307 PIM. :clap: It's his second year in a row winning this category.

In fact, the next closest was Chris Neil with 210 minutes.

I was upset that he got 20 min worth of misconduct penalties in the Isles last game for chirping, but I'm glad to see someone top 300 min.

Konopka has a lot of heart and brings it every night.

Last guy to hit 300 in a season was Dan Carcillo in 2007-2008 with 324. George Parros led the league with 27 fighting majors. Konopka was behind him with 25. Pretty sure Zenon is a free agent this summer. Good face off guy, c'mon Kenny!

But Dude!!!!!!!

Drew Miller is so amazing!!!!!!

Best 4th Liner ever!!! He brings SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more than a scrub like Konopka!!

dklahfijahfliashgfkas fkaufilashfl iash hfliashfliashfas

fals;kfkajsfkadjshgkajsdhglasdhg lksaa

];as

f;aFals;dflas jih!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!