• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Zetterberg says he will not play tomorrow

Rate this topic

Guest mjtm77

day-to-day injuries are the most frustrating but most hopeful - with any luck we'll have him back on Sat! But only if he's fully ready, a more serious injury would just result in more serious injury - like what happened with Ozzy

right... if we are lucky he will be back for the start of the second round if not expect halfway into round two. Whoever on here said they saw him skating him skating after the injury is bulls***ting. its hard to believe he skated when he can barley walk.

right... if we are lucky he will be back for the start of the second round if not expect halfway into round two. Whoever on here said they saw him skating him skating after the injury is bulls***ting. its hard to believe he skated when he can barley walk.

Agreed. When he does come back, he will be wearing a brace the entire time. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a serious injury needing offseason surgery. He will try to force it for later rounds, but right now the dude can't even walk.

If we go down 2-0 (very unlikely) I would like to see him get in there for game 3. Him and Pav are better on 1 leg then 75% of the forwards in this league. Otherwise, no need to rush it.

Agreed. When he does come back, he will be wearing a brace the entire time. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a serious injury needing offseason surgery. He will try to force it for later rounds, but right now the dude can't even walk.

The MRI he had said he won't require surgery.

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing

If he can't even walk, that worries me. Spare me the Debbie Downer retorts, but if one our of top playoff producers cannot walk the day before the series starts, it's highly optimistic to think he'll be back at some point in that series. I'd say the same thing if it were Pavs, Nick, hell even Homer.

If we go down 2-0 (very unlikely) I would like to see him get in there for game 3. Him and Pav are better on 1 leg then 75% of the forwards in this league. Otherwise, no need to rush it.

The MRI he had said he won't require surgery.

Not at this time of the year he doesn't require surgery. Look at Kronner's knee injury from last year, took him the whole rest of the year to get back, and he still wasn't 100%. I think his injury happened sometime January, and he had surgery in the summer. If Z does come back at any time, he won't be 100% and needs to avoid further injury. I know this is a Debbie Downer rant, but I speak the truth!

I'm so tired of this beating around the bush bulls***. Just tell me he's out for the first round if it's likely he will be. If he comes back early GREAT, but I don't want to be looking at the news feed with baited breath every damn morning.

This smacks of Datsyuk in the 09 finals all over again. :ranting:

Time for someone to play hero boys. Who's gonna step up?

^ Not even remotely based on medical knowledge of the situation.

("hey! that dude's got a limp" isn't much of a diagnostic tool, fyi)

Without access to MRI information, an interview or at least some physiological tests from a sports trainer it's ridiculous to conclude anything about Zetterberg's knee.

I strongly doubt he'll play soon but the level of certainty people seem to be drawing from the observations of medical laymen* is crazy.

*I assume the Hockey Night in Canada crew member who originally tweeted the left knee limp doesn't have a background in medicine or related anatomical training.

^ Not even remotely based on medical knowledge of the situation.

("hey! that dude's got a limp" isn't much of a diagnostic tool, fyi)

Without access to MRI information, an interview or at least some physiological tests from a sports trainer it's ridiculous to conclude anything about Zetterberg's knee.

I strongly doubt he'll play soon but the level of certainty people seem to be drawing from the observations of medical laymen* is crazy.

*I assume the Hockey Night in Canada crew member who originally tweeted the left knee limp doesn't have a background in medicine or related anatomical training.

There's only so many things it can be when his leg bends like that. Then it is reported he is being carted around the Joe, and wearing a brace which is used for support, which means there is ligament damage. The severity of the injury is listed as 'day-to-day' which it remains to be seen how long that means.

Things not looking good for Z. With how close Pang is with the Wings organization I'd say this is pretty accurate

After talking to him (Tuesday), I have a hard time believing he’ll be back for the first four games,” said Pang, who is in Detroit to cover the series. “He didn’t sound optimistic.

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/04/13/11/Pang-Zetterberg-pessimistic-about-return/landing_coyotes.html?blockID=503273&feedID=3702