• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

matt198913

What penalty will dominate the playoffs

Rate this topic

Every year there is one particular penalty that seems to creep up in every series. Last year it was too many men on the ice see Boston and Philly game 7. Could it be goalie interference this time around? Will be something different like diving... Not likely. What do ya think

Every year there is one particular penalty that seems to creep up in every series. Last year it was too many men on the ice see Boston and Philly game 7. Could it be goalie interference this time around? Will be something different like diving... Not likely. What do ya think

goalie interference #96 <_<

goalie interference #96 <_<

Homer should rate a new jersey. Instead of a number it should simply be two hands waving horizontally so the ref's know exactly what movement to make after the wings score.

Well, with the NHL freaking out about hits to the head and the leagues hood ornament (Cindy) being out for so long due to hit's to the head...It wouldn't suprise me if the dominant penatly is boarding and high hits (elbows up). I think with the playoffs being center stage and attracting a good deal of "fringe" or "playoff only" spectators/television viewers, they want to make sure guys are not getting taken off the ice on scretchers nightly. Some of the head hits (legal hits or not) that have happened this year would be downright scary if happened at playoff game speed. Stevie used to say that playoffs took the speed of the game to another gear. However, Cindy would still have a sore tooth and be sidelined for half of the season.

Homer gets a goalie interference call every time he is near the crease and then when he gets out of the box and starts playing in the defensive zone he gets a delay of game for clearing the puck over the glass. Homer had 3 delay of games in the last 4 games so I see this trend continuing.

Has to be delay of game. We have been guilty of this one a lot lately. I see that continuing and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say boarding or high sticking.

But we all know Homer will get called for interference all the time sooooo I'm just prepared for that.

I don't think delay of game is going to be the big call because it's only called when the puck goes over the glass. I mean if everyone shoots it over the glass it will, but otherwise it really isn't up to the refs discretion.

The "signature penalty" of this playoff will be elbowing. Usually marginal elbows are let go in the regular season and only the ones that can't be ignored are called in the playoffs, but with the head-shot directive and the number of big name players who have gone out for some period of time due to concussions, the Air Canada flap, and especially Crosby's pending not-retirement, the league's refs will be keeping an eye out for those who believe in Pronger Physics.

Boarding... for hits 5 feet away from the boards.

You do realize the inherent danger in such a hit, right? Kris Draper was only a couple of feet out. Ace Bailey was only a couple of feet out. Gordie Howe's skull injury was from a missed hit at that distance, and sent him into the boards headfirst.

Boarding includes any hit that causes the recipient to be thrown into the boards in a violent manner, as well as hits where the player is in a vulnerable position - see wasting a guy on an icing play. I would say sending a guy into the boards from five feet out certainly falls under that spectrum and can justifiably be called as boarding.

lol...beat me to it. hudler leads playoffs with 17 fights in 24 games! :punch:

Detroit v. Tampa in the finals. Brawl on the ice, Hudler lines up with St. Louis.