• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 1 GDT: Coyotes 2 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

• The Red Wings players felt ready for Game 1, with the possible exception of the injured Hank Zetterberg. But nobody felt more ready than the famed Black Aces, the practice squad players comprised largely of Grand Rapids Griffins players with nothing better to do. “Well of course they feel good,” said coach Mike Babcock. “They are shooting on Thomas McCollum every day. Hell, Sam Bernstein’s kid could score on him,” Babcock said. When asked for clarification, Babcock replied, “no, I mean the other one”.

• Mid-way through the pre-game skate, Brett Hull announces that he has, once again, retired. “I really only showed up for the free pre-game meal,” said Hull. “Besides, there’s no way I can get my a** over those boards any more,” he exclaimed. In response, the Coyotes announce that they are not only re-retiring Bobby Hull’s #9, but that they would also reserve the right to add Hull’s 7 warm-up goals (empty net) to Hull’s stats with Phoenix. Coyotes webmaster David Burke said, “I’m just excited to have something worth mentioning in our history section that has happened since 2008”. http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=32937

• The on-ice officials for Game 1 are announced as an all-Quebecois foursome of referees Francois St. Laurent and Marc Joannette, along with linesmen Pierre Champoux and Pierre Racicot. “Mother f***ing fro...oops, I mean, these guys are great,” exclaimed Coyotes captain Shane Doan.

• During the 1st intermission, the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast is marred by Don Cherry’s rant against European players. “You know the reason Phoenix is losing? C’mon, what kind of a team is that? We know why they are losing – it’s not Don Maloney’s fault! Good Irish guy right there, Don is. But look at their blue liners,” Cherry screamed. “Klezla, Rozsival from that Czechoslovakian Republic. You got Jovanowski from Poland, Aucoin is from where, France?” Ron McLean attempted to correct Cherry by telling him that both Jovanowski and Aucoin were Canadian, but Cherry had already left the studio to have yet another beer with Larry Murphy between the benches.

LMAO! These 4 had me laughing the hardest especially that first one. You're terrible. :lol:

GO WINGS! Prediction will be 3-1. Mule, Pav, Mo.

My god I'm nervous about tomorrow. I mean, I have total confidence in them, but that doesn't really play into it...I'm just a plain old wreck this time every year, no matter the circumstances. I won't be able to watch it live tomorrow, and I don't want to ruin it for myself by checking the score on the Net, but I just know I'm going to be about ready to pop a gut before I get a chance to finally watch it. Well, before I go back to running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I'll just say: GO WINGS GO!!!

Mike Johnson of TSN picked Phoenix in this series. His reasoning Phoenix is younger and can fight through a 7 game series. Ya they looked really good in game 7 last year. Ken Danyeko also picked the Yotes. I love how the Wings continue to fly under the radar this year...

My god I'm nervous about tomorrow. I mean, I have total confidence in them, but that doesn't really play into it...I'm just a plain old wreck this time every year, no matter the circumstances. I won't be able to watch it live tomorrow, and I don't want to ruin it for myself by checking the score on the Net, but I just know I'm going to be about ready to pop a gut before I get a chance to finally watch it. Well, before I go back to running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I'll just say: GO WINGS GO!!!

Don't even think about being nervous.... This is Mule time Wings in five

Mike Johnson of TSN picked Phoenix in this series. His reasoning Phoenix is younger and can fight through a 7 game series. Ya they looked really good in game 7 last year. Ken Danyeko also picked the Yotes. I love how the Wings continue to fly under the radar this year...

Don't even think about being nervous.... This is Mule time Wings in five

Thanks! I'm going to repeat this as a mantra now, I swear.

is this game on FSD or what? its not listed on my cable listing and its not on their website...

it's listed on FSD for me

ugh almost 14 hours to go still :(

been a long couple days

Edited by ricky0034

it's listed on FSD for me

ugh almost 14 hours to go still :(

been a long couple days

Hell yea it has been. The days before the playoffs are always so slow and boring. It's like the calm before the storm. Thank god we didn't have to wait til Thursday for the Wings to start. :scared:

Hell yea it has been. The days before the playoffs are always so slow and boring. It's like the calm before the storm. Thank god we didn't have to wait til Thursday for the Wings to start. :scared:

yeah,I feel bad for fans of those teams.

I'm so PUMPED!!! Gotta watch this even though the puck drop is at 2:00 a.m. here in Finland and I have biology exam at 8:30 a.m.

Let's go Red Wings!

@Konnan511:

Haha! Yeah for sure but hopefully It's worth of it.

Edited by Jusek

Man, the regular season seemed to fly this year, can't believe its playoff time. I'm hoping for a decisive victory today to sew that seed of doubt into the Yote's. Hopefully the D decides to help Howard out tonight, don't need a bunch of goals against to shake his confidence from the get-go.

4-2 WINGS!!!

Ps. If I'm in Canada, will I be able to see this game or do I have to check one of my Centre Ice channels?

GO WINGS GO!!!!

CBC announced that only Windsor and Manitoba get Wings game tonight rest of Canada get TB-Pens game.

I do believe this would be a cool thing to add to their intro then song starts or something.... either way

I am going to have a very very very hard time not swearing, folks. Smithwicks all night tonight to inspire some good luck. Predictions are left for the regular season so let's do this!!!! Never let up!

I'm so PUMPED!!! Gotta watch this even though the puck drop is at 2:00 a.m. here in Finland and I have biology exam at 8:30 a.m.

Let's go Red Wings!

@Konnan511:

Haha! Yeah for sure but hopefully It's worth of it.

Just go to bed early and set the alarm for 2am, that way you've got yourself a good nap.

I am going to have a very very very hard time not swearing, folks. Smithwicks all night tonight to inspire some good luck. Predictions are left for the regular season so let's do this!!!! Never let up!

You'll be ok, you've done good so far. :)