• Please log in to reply
961 replies to this topic

#21 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

Wings will play this game like a team possessed. Yotes will try to match the intensity, but will be flustered before the 1rd period is over. Despite the moronic participation in the game by the zebras (which results in the only goal, 5 on 3, that the Yotes get), the Wings will keep cool heads and win 5-1.
4 million Wings fans worldwide will need vocal chord surgery on Thursday morning. :)

I like everything about your predictions. :thumbup: Go, Wings!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#22 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:12 PM

Skipping morning class for this one. Go Wings!

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#23 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

The photoshop wars thread can't hold all the epic that it contains. This epicness will possess the boys and they'll play like Lord Stanley's werewolves.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#24 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

thinking the coyotes will pull off the game 1 win. 4-2 final score, with howard letting one one real softy.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#25 PuckMark

PuckMark

The various stages of my work day

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

Ok hockey fans…I'm back. For the first time in probably 5 or 6 years, I’m contributing to a GDT. What can I say? It’s playoff time...so please excuse the rust. (I apologize in advance for many of the inside jokes that will make some of you go WTF...but I’m doing this for the old-timers around here.) Enjoy!

There were many stunning developments in the week leading up to Game 1 between Phoenix and Detroit.
• The Phoenix Coyotes management announced that it would be playing all home games on the road during the 2011 Playoff season, forcing all 7 potential games of Round 1 to be played in Detroit. “Thanks to SB 1070, the only guys we could dress for home games would be our American players - Stempniak, Yandle, and that 5’2” Hobey Baker winner we just signed,” said Coyotes GM Don Maloney. Hockey fans in Detroit who also happened to belong to the Democratic party felt overcome with guilt and shame for celebrating.

• The Coyotes front office announced an exciting giveaway promotion as a consolation prize, since there would be no home playoff games. Any fan who could present a baby picture of themselves (age 1 year old or younger) in licensed Phoenix Coyotes gear would automatically receive a brand new 2012 Cadillac Escalade (must be 18 to enter). Additionally, any fan who sent in their mailing address would automatically receive a VHS copy of “Police Academy 5: Assignment: Miami Beach”. “We have a lot of these left over in Gretzky’s old office,” Maloney said.

• Maloney announced that Brett Hull would be returning to the Coyotes lineup for the 2011 playoffs. “After signing a 2 year, $4.5M contract with Phoenix in 2004, and then only playing in 5 games for us, Brett feels that he has some unfinished business to take care of”. Bobby Hull’s Winnipeg Jets #9 is, once again, un-retired for the occasion. Nevertheless, Maloney sounded excited to have Hull back on the team. “Well of course, it’s exciting. Brett is one of only two guys in the Hall of Fame that we can claim to have actually played for us. It’s on our website and everything!” Maloney later added that he was looking forward to Hull padding his Phoenix stats to reflect more than 5 games played and 1 assist scored.

• Dave Tippett announced that while most hockey insiders encourage the sporting of facial hair during the playoffs, he would not be bringing back his famed mustache. “I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again,” exclaimed a frustrated Tippett. “I’m sick and tired of fans asking me for Bruno Kirby’s autograph”. http://phoenix.fanst...dave0205161.jpg

• The Red Wings players felt ready for Game 1, with the possible exception of the injured Hank Zetterberg. But nobody felt more ready than the famed Black Aces, the practice squad players comprised largely of Grand Rapids Griffins players with nothing better to do. “Well of course they feel good,” said coach Mike Babcock. “They are shooting on Thomas McCollum every day. Hell, Sam Bernstein’s kid could score on him,” Babcock said. When asked for clarification, Babcock replied, “no, I mean the other one”.

• Mid-way through the pre-game skate, Brett Hull announces that he has, once again, retired. “I really only showed up for the free pre-game meal,” said Hull. “Besides, there’s no way I can get my a** over those boards any more,” he exclaimed. In response, the Coyotes announce that they are not only re-retiring Bobby Hull’s #9, but that they would also reserve the right to add Hull’s 7 warm-up goals (empty net) to Hull’s stats with Phoenix. Coyotes webmaster David Burke said, “I’m just excited to have something worth mentioning in our history section that has happened since 2008”. http://coyotes.nhl.c...ge.htm?id=32937

• The on-ice officials for Game 1 are announced as an all-Quebecois foursome of referees Francois St. Laurent and Marc Joannette, along with linesmen Pierre Champoux and Pierre Racicot. “Mother f***ing fro...oops, I mean, these guys are great,” exclaimed Coyotes captain Shane Doan.

• Karen Newman sings the National Anthem, sponsored, as always, by the Bloomfield Laser and Cosmetic Surgery Center. Karen couldn’t stop smiling during the singing of the National Anthem. No, really...she couldn’t.

• Early in the 1st period, Jiri Hudler scores on an incredible individual play. As an unfortunate result, the LGW.com servers immediately crash, due to 472 members signing in simultaneously to the “Jiri Hudler Watch Thread” to say “I TOLD YOU SO!” Assists on the goal go to Brent Gilchrist and Ryan Barnes.

• During the 1st intermission, the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast is marred by Don Cherry’s rant against European players. “You know the reason Phoenix is losing? C’mon, what kind of a team is that? We know why they are losing – it’s not Don Maloney’s fault! Good Irish guy right there, Don is. But look at their blue liners,” Cherry screamed. “Klezla, Rozsival from that Czechoslovakian Republic. You got Jovanowski from Poland, Aucoin is from where, France?” Ron McLean attempted to correct Cherry by telling him that both Jovanowski and Aucoin were Canadian, but Cherry had already left the studio to have yet another beer with Larry Murphy between the benches.

• The 2nd period is highlighted by the extraordinary play of former LGW.com member, BlueMonk, who comes out of retirement for one period to play for the Red Wings. BlueMonk scores 77 goals on only 13 shots, and stakes the Wings to a 78-0 lead after 2 periods.

• During the 2nd intermission, the Coyotes issue a very confusing press release stating that they are immediately retiring Mike Modano’s #90. When asked why, GM Don Maloney stammered, “well...Brett Hull was Modano’s best man when he got married, and well, Modano’s an American, and ummm...we are kind of desperate for any link we can find to good hockey players”. Moments later, Maloney added, “oh hell, nobody back home knows who plays for us anyhow.”

• The 3rd period is a very somber one at the Joe, as a fan in the top row of the upper bowl is seriously injured by a hot dog that flies out of the press box. “I feel horrible,” exclaimed Thomas McCollum. “Zetterberg went and got us all a bunch of dogs,” McCollum continued, “and when he pitched it to me, I don’t know – I guess I just missed it”.

• Despite a furious rally by the Coyotes, the Red Wings hang on to win the game 78-71. Mike Babcock is forced to change goaltenders 65 times during the 3rd period, using Jimmy Howard and Joey McDonald interchangeably throughout the period. “Don’t worry,” said coach Babcock, “I have a plan for Game 2. And oh by the way,” he continued, “don’t be surprised if Joey is a little shorter and has a little bit more hair when you see him next. Also, you will want to start calling him by his given name – Evgeni.”

Yours truly,
PuckMark
"Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league."
- Scott Lucidi, June 25, 2003 @ 2:22pm

If Jack Bauer was ***, he would be called Chuck Norris.

#26 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,358 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

jsdkljklsjgkljskljs!!!

I cannot wait for this game I will be there!!

Feeling a 4-2 win. Modano, Franzen, Cleary, Draper.

HAPPY PLAYOFFS EVERYONE!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!! GO HOWIE!!

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#27 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:40 PM

^^That was frickkin epic! Been waiting a loooong time for a puckmark gdt. With a bluemonk reference, no less.
I used to pee my pants regularly with the Hitler antics in gdt's of old.....

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS, 12 April 2011 - 10:43 PM.

half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#28 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:15 PM

I'm nervous... It must be playoff time. Go Wings, I'll have my puck with me tomorrow
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#29 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:42 PM

ahhahahahhaha Puckmark that was some of the funniest s*** I've read in a while back there. WOoooooooooooooooo let's go RED WINGS :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

#30 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:50 PM

• The Red Wings players felt ready for Game 1, with the possible exception of the injured Hank Zetterberg. But nobody felt more ready than the famed Black Aces, the practice squad players comprised largely of Grand Rapids Griffins players with nothing better to do. “Well of course they feel good,” said coach Mike Babcock. “They are shooting on Thomas McCollum every day. Hell, Sam Bernstein’s kid could score on him,” Babcock said. When asked for clarification, Babcock replied, “no, I mean the other one”.

• Mid-way through the pre-game skate, Brett Hull announces that he has, once again, retired. “I really only showed up for the free pre-game meal,” said Hull. “Besides, there’s no way I can get my a** over those boards any more,” he exclaimed. In response, the Coyotes announce that they are not only re-retiring Bobby Hull’s #9, but that they would also reserve the right to add Hull’s 7 warm-up goals (empty net) to Hull’s stats with Phoenix. Coyotes webmaster David Burke said, “I’m just excited to have something worth mentioning in our history section that has happened since 2008”. http://coyotes.nhl.c...ge.htm?id=32937

• The on-ice officials for Game 1 are announced as an all-Quebecois foursome of referees Francois St. Laurent and Marc Joannette, along with linesmen Pierre Champoux and Pierre Racicot. “Mother f***ing fro...oops, I mean, these guys are great,” exclaimed Coyotes captain Shane Doan.

• During the 1st intermission, the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast is marred by Don Cherry’s rant against European players. “You know the reason Phoenix is losing? C’mon, what kind of a team is that? We know why they are losing – it’s not Don Maloney’s fault! Good Irish guy right there, Don is. But look at their blue liners,” Cherry screamed. “Klezla, Rozsival from that Czechoslovakian Republic. You got Jovanowski from Poland, Aucoin is from where, France?” Ron McLean attempted to correct Cherry by telling him that both Jovanowski and Aucoin were Canadian, but Cherry had already left the studio to have yet another beer with Larry Murphy between the benches.

LMAO! These 4 had me laughing the hardest especially that first one. You're terrible. :lol:

GO WINGS! Prediction will be 3-1. Mule, Pav, Mo.

#31 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:07 AM

is this game on FSD or what? its not listed on my cable listing and its not on their website...

#32 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:11 AM

I really don't see us not dominating this game. Last year we were just happy to make the playoffs by the end of the season. This year we start the right way by getting pumped at home and bringing the intensity.

#33 woodrow40

woodrow40

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

4-2 WINGS!!!

Ps. If I'm in Canada, will I be able to see this game or do I have to check one of my Centre Ice channels?

GO WINGS GO!!!!

It's on CBC.

3-1 Wings.

Datsyuk, Mule, Helm

#34 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:51 AM

My god I'm nervous about tomorrow. I mean, I have total confidence in them, but that doesn't really play into it...I'm just a plain old wreck this time every year, no matter the circumstances. I won't be able to watch it live tomorrow, and I don't want to ruin it for myself by checking the score on the Net, but I just know I'm going to be about ready to pop a gut before I get a chance to finally watch it. Well, before I go back to running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I'll just say: GO WINGS GO!!!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#35 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:00 AM

Mike Johnson of TSN picked Phoenix in this series. His reasoning Phoenix is younger and can fight through a 7 game series. Ya they looked really good in game 7 last year. Ken Danyeko also picked the Yotes. I love how the Wings continue to fly under the radar this year...

My god I'm nervous about tomorrow. I mean, I have total confidence in them, but that doesn't really play into it...I'm just a plain old wreck this time every year, no matter the circumstances. I won't be able to watch it live tomorrow, and I don't want to ruin it for myself by checking the score on the Net, but I just know I'm going to be about ready to pop a gut before I get a chance to finally watch it. Well, before I go back to running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I'll just say: GO WINGS GO!!!

Don't even think about being nervous.... This is Mule time Wings in five
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#36 crodley

crodley

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:04 AM

is this game on FSD or what? its not listed on my cable listing and its not on their website...

I have no idea, my cable guide also has the Pistons on FSD HD so, I dunno.

#37 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:12 AM

Mike Johnson of TSN picked Phoenix in this series. His reasoning Phoenix is younger and can fight through a 7 game series. Ya they looked really good in game 7 last year. Ken Danyeko also picked the Yotes. I love how the Wings continue to fly under the radar this year...

Don't even think about being nervous.... This is Mule time Wings in five

Thanks! I'm going to repeat this as a mantra now, I swear.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#38 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:24 AM

it's listed on FSD for me

ugh almost 14 hours to go still :(

been a long couple days

Edited by ricky0034, 13 April 2011 - 02:24 AM.

#39 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:48 AM

it's listed on FSD for me

ugh almost 14 hours to go still :(

been a long couple days

Hell yea it has been. The days before the playoffs are always so slow and boring. It's like the calm before the storm. Thank god we didn't have to wait til Thursday for the Wings to start. :scared:

#40 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:06 AM

Hell yea it has been. The days before the playoffs are always so slow and boring. It's like the calm before the storm. Thank god we didn't have to wait til Thursday for the Wings to start. :scared:

yeah,I feel bad for fans of those teams.