• Please log in to reply
961 replies to this topic

#41 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:09 AM

I'm so PUMPED!!! Gotta watch this even though the puck drop is at 2:00 a.m. here in Finland and I have biology exam at 8:30 a.m.

Let's go Red Wings!

@Konnan511:

Haha! Yeah for sure but hopefully It's worth of it.

Edited by Jusek, 13 April 2011 - 03:29 AM.

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#42 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:17 AM

I'm so PUMPED!!! Gotta watch this even though the puck drop is at 2:00 a.m. here in Finland and I have biology exam at 8:30 a.m.

Let's go Red Wings!

Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#43 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:39 AM

lets go RED WINGS..please :)

#44 jenova0

jenova0

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

Win this for Z (so he can rest some more ;) ).
"You either get it, or you don't" - Dr. Phil

#45 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:00 AM

Man, the regular season seemed to fly this year, can't believe its playoff time. I'm hoping for a decisive victory today to sew that seed of doubt into the Yote's. Hopefully the D decides to help Howard out tonight, don't need a bunch of goals against to shake his confidence from the get-go.

#46 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:07 AM

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#47 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

4-2 WINGS!!!

Ps. If I'm in Canada, will I be able to see this game or do I have to check one of my Centre Ice channels?

GO WINGS GO!!!!

CBC announced that only Windsor and Manitoba get Wings game tonight rest of Canada get TB-Pens game.

#48 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:25 AM

I do believe this would be a cool thing to add to their intro then song starts or something.... either way

I am going to have a very very very hard time not swearing, folks. Smithwicks all night tonight to inspire some good luck. Predictions are left for the regular season so let's do this!!!! Never let up!
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#49 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:36 AM

Let's go Red Wings!

@Konnan511:

Haha! Yeah for sure but hopefully It's worth of it.

Just go to bed early and set the alarm for 2am, that way you've got yourself a good nap.

I am going to have a very very very hard time not swearing, folks. Smithwicks all night tonight to inspire some good luck. Predictions are left for the regular season so let's do this!!!! Never let up!

You'll be ok, you've done good so far. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#50 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

CBC announced that only Windsor and Manitoba get Wings game tonight rest of Canada get TB-Pens game.

Fak!

So if I have Centre Ice, am I getting blacked out?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:20 AM

Just win baby. Let's go Wings.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#52 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:38 AM

Have to work during the first playoff game... I'm relying on the GDT to keep me updated with the members of LGW and their spin on the game. If anyone knows a justin.tv stream let me know please!!! That's the only one that will work on the iphone

Edited by matt198913, 13 April 2011 - 09:44 AM.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#53 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

I actually feel pretty good about this game.

I hope everyone plays decent (BigRig and Salei especially) and the The Mule comes out on fire.

4-2 Wings. (Pavel, Mule X2, Rafalski for us, Yandle and Whittney for them)
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#54 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:54 AM

I'm going out on a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge limb here and going to predict that the first goal for the Wings will be waived off.
But in all seriousness this is Mule time... Wings win 3-1 just because I really want Jimmy to prove that he's the next Wing goalie and not the next Manny

2 for the Mule 1 for Big Rig

Ah, Hell Yandle for them wish he was a wing
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#55 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

The only goal I feel I can predict comfortably tonight is Cleary. That guy has been working like crazy the whole year and with Pav and Mule setting him up I can say I see a deflection type or even a breakout playoff style goal for Clears. Either way, score more than them.

#56 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:07 AM

Ok hockey fans…I'm back. For the first time in probably 5 or 6 years, I’m contributing to a GDT. What can I say? It’s playoff time...so please excuse the rust. (I apologize in advance for many of the inside jokes that will make some of you go WTF...but I’m doing this for the old-timers around here.) Enjoy!
<snip>

Yours truly,
PuckMark

jsdkljklsjgkljskljs!!!

I cannot wait for this game I will be there!!

Feeling a 4-2 win. Modano, Franzen, Cleary, Draper.

HAPPY PLAYOFFS EVERYONE!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!! GO HOWIE!!

Holy crap! The playoffs inspiring two blasts from the past! One from waaaaay back. I thought someone had bumped an old GDT when I first saw Puckmark's post.

Welcome back! please don't wait 5 more years until your next post, and go Wings!!!

#57 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

Modano scratched tonight.

#58 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

Playoff Games and Series
Playoff Games, Total
This is the 576th playoff game played. The Club’s in the previous 575 games:

305W-269L-1T.

Playoff Games, Home
This is the 297th home playoff game played. The Club’s in the previous 296 games:

178W-117L-1T.

Playoff Series
This is the 114th Playoff Series played. The Club’s record in the previous 113 series:

66W-47L.

Playoff games In Conference format since 1993-94
Total
This is the 232nd Conference playoff game. The Club’s record in the previous 231 games:

140W-91L

Home
This is the 120th Conference home playoff game. The Club’s record in the previous 119 games:

81W-38L

Playoff Series in Conference Format
This is the 37th playoff series played in the Conference format. The Club’s record in the previous 36 series:

26W-10L

Sorted by the number of games played and the Club’s record in the previous 36 series:

4: 7, 6W-1L
5: 6, 4W-2L
6: 18, 12W-6L
7: 5, 4W-1L.

This is the 32nd Conference playoff series with home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 31 series:

23W-8L.

Sorted by the number of games played and the Club’s record in the previous 31series:

4: 7, 6W-1L
5: 4, 4W-0L
6: 15, 10W-5L
7: 4, 3W-1L.

This is the 17th Conference Quarter-Final series with home-ice advantage played. The Club’s record in the previous 16 series:

12W-5L.

In the Conference Quarterfinal series with home-ice advantage played, the number of games played and the Club’s record are;

4: 4: 3W-1L
5: 1: 1W-0L
6: 9: 7W-2L
7: 2: 1W-1L.

Game One, Conference Era
This is the 37th Game One in a Conference playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 36 games:

24W-12L

This is the 31st Game One in a Conference playoff series with home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 30 games:

22W-8L.

This is the 17th Game One in a Conference Quarter-Final. The Club’s record in the previous 16 games:

11W-5L.

This is the 16th Game One in a Conference Quarter-Final home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 15 games:

11W-4L.

Historical Series v. Winnipeg/Phoenix

This is the 4th playoff series v. Winnipeg/Phoenix. The Club’s record in the previous 3 series:

3W-0L.

This is the 20th playoff games v. Winnipeg/Phoenix. The Club’s record in the previous 19 games:

12W-7L.

This is the 10th home playoff games v. Winnipeg/Phoenix. The Club’s record in the previous 9 games:

5W-4L.

Last Ten Games – Historical Playoff Games v. Winnipeg/Phoenix
Overall: 7W-3L
Home: 5W-4L

On This Day
April 13.

This is the 12th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 10 games:

4W-7L.

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#59 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

Modano scratched tonight.

DETROIT -- Mike Modano will be a healthy scratch for the Detroit Red Wings tonight in Game 1 of the Western Conference quarterfinals against the Phoenix Coyotes.

mlive

Miller time.

#60 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

mlive

Miller time.

Tell ya the truth, me likey. :)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.