• Please log in to reply
961 replies to this topic

#901 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

Just got back from the game, awesome experience. The boys played great. I don't agree with the reffing in the first, but we overcame that. Howie played awesome, and kept us in the game especially in the first.

#902 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:53 PM

Just got back from the game, awesome experience. The boys played great. I don't agree with the reffing in the first, but we overcame that. Howie played awesome, and kept us in the game especially in the first.

:thumbup:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#903 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

The best teams beat the refs instead of the other way around. Great poise by the Wings. Like I said, Coyotes have no offense, we should win this series in 5 at most.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#904 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

Good to see the Wings can still flip the switch. Still miss Zetterberg though :(

#905 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

I'm kinda bummed that game 2 is not on Friday.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#906 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:03 PM

Anyone know where to find post game pressers for all the teams? I assume they can be found on nhl.com somewhere, but I'm not sure where to look?

#907 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,828 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:04 PM

I'm kinda bummed that game 2 is not on Friday.

Yupp, and that it's a matinee on Saturday. Stupid NBC <_<

#NOMOREKINDL

#908 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

Great game, and great way to start the series with a win.. Howard, Mule and Dats looked great.. Loved the chant of Todd Bertuzzi :clap: :clap:
IPB Image

#909 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

Just got back too...amazing. Loved the "Todd Bertuzzi chants." His fight and the five on three kill really got the crowed fired up. My ears are still ringing.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#910 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

I should've know that Franzen's long floating wristers were just waiting for the playoffs to start going in.
  • Nev likes this
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#911 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

After that brutal and penalty filled first period, the Wings certainly turned it around. Howie kept them in it which was quite encouraging.

#912 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

I was bummed that I was only able to see the last 5 minutes on vs. in an Applebee's. I was stuck in the Bass I holding room at PMEA All-State Chorus for the first two periods, then driving back to my hotel afterwards. Good news on that front, my student felt he did well on his Bass II audition. Thanks for the GDT updates, it kept me sane and informed. I'm glad to hear the Wings stepped up, and I wonder if The Todd is going to be sparked after hearing the chant tonight. Howie seemed to have been a monster in the net tonight, and the PK was sensational. Good things. Is it accurate to think that the switch was flipped after the first?
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#913 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,828 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:15 PM

I was bummed that I was only able to see the last 5 minutes on vs. in an Applebee's. I was stuck in the Bass I holding room at PMEA All-State Chorus for the first two periods, then driving back to my hotel afterwards. Good news on that front, my student felt he did well on his Bass II audition. Thanks for the GDT updates, it kept me sane and informed. I'm glad to hear the Wings stepped up, and I wonder if The Todd is going to be sparked after hearing the chant tonight. Howie seemed to have been a monster in the net tonight, and the PK was sensational. Good things. Is it accurate to think that the switch was flipped after the first?

Todd Bertuzzi took the "switch", ripped it off the wall with his bare hands and then the Wings started playing better. True story :ph34r:

#NOMOREKINDL

#914 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:20 PM

Todd Bertuzzi took the "switch", ripped it off the wall with his bare hands and then the Wings started playing better. True story :ph34r:

I saw him do it with his eyelids!
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#915 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

Bert seems to be turning into something of a folk hero in Detroit. I guess when you're the only guy that'll drop the gloves it's an easy mantle to take up.

He's been awesome lately, you could tell he was gearing up for the playoffs, and it was obvious today he meant business. Mean, physical Bert is best Bert. :thumbup:
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#916 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:25 PM

Just got back too...amazing. Loved the "Todd Bertuzzi chants." His fight and the five on three kill really got the crowed fired up. My ears are still ringing.

+1
The Joe was Rocking. Bertuzzi was the boss. Howard actually kept the rebounds under control for the most part, and some of his stops were awesome.
Wish List: Stanley Cup!
100% pure Ukranian

#917 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

It'd be so awesome if Bert just harassed Doan for the rest of the series.

#918 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

big bert is a big beauty! all the sick beauts showed up tonight in a big way! Huds, datsyuk, mule and the todd :siren:

#919 LivoniaGrinder

LivoniaGrinder

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

Way to go Red Wings! Great first win and super resilience after that brutal first period!

WE WANT STANLEY!!
--
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."

--Saul Tigh

#920 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:35 PM

Abby was tangled up with Doan quite a bit too. Exactly as planned!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."