• Please log in to reply
961 replies to this topic

#921 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

Abby was tangled up with Doan quite a bit too. Exactly as planned!

esteef

At least Doan will have someone to piss him off this series.

Posted Image

#922 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

What was the Shane Doan chant the crowd had going?

#923 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

Just got back from the game and it was amazing!! Gotta say I've been tons and tons of games and the crowd in this game was one of the best I've ever seen. The Bertuzzi chants were amazing weren't they?

Great second and third period by our boys. They look downright scary when they get going. Howie was amazing! Can't wait for Game 2! GO WINGS!!!
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#924 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

So for the record...

Wings fight = Wings win!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#925 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

Took a little to get into playoff mode, but then the switch got flipped. Huzzah!

Now for Game 2. We'll be there!
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#926 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:00 PM

Only got to watch a little of the the second due to work, but we looked good, and Bert is really playing with tenacity lately. He's doing it all out there. A few of the penalty calls were bogus, but that'll happen. Was it a sell-out?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#927 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:05 PM

only thing i didnt like was NO FIRE after we scored... disappointing. i guess with the rising gas prices... haha but really great game, fought off the adversity early and took over and won it. just like you need to do to be playing in June. GO WINGS
To whom much is given, much is expected

#928 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:05 PM

yeah it better have been a damn sellout, these friggin nuck fans here in 'couver drop $200 per ticket for nosebleeds....

#929 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:31 PM

Went to the game and it was a GREAT game and a GREAT crowd all night long. Right after the Wings went down early, a huge Lets go Wings chant began to keep the team going... all the fans were behind the boys all game long. Great to be a part of it. On a side note, I loved the Bertuzzi chants and the Phoenix sucks chants. Also, there was a fight during the 3rd period a few sections over, but I didn't get a good look at it.

I thought Kronwall had an awesome game (especially since he missed 5 games)- - I think he was our best dman tonite. The guy for me this game was Pavs tho... he was all over, all game... he is simply the best player in the world by far. Overall GREAT game by the Wings, and more importantly it was nice to see the questionable palyers answer with a jump start.

Lastly, officiating was BRUTAL. That call on Nick for holding should never be called to put a team down 5 on 3, just like that call for the hooking on Homer was pretty bad... I want consistant reffing. GO WINGS.

#930 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

thinking the coyotes will pull off the game 1 win. 4-2 final score, with howard letting one one real softy.

Nice call einstein.

#931 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

Great way to start the playoffs. The Wings played a great game,after they started skating hard. This was the wings we were waiting for. And to imagine we get Z back soon, I am pleasantly happy with the way this series has started. Let's Go Wings in Game 2!
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#932 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:50 PM

Wooo Playoffs time starts!!! Now it's time for the Wings to step it up big time. I'm sure they all know how it screwed em over playing the Yotes up to game 7. Let's hope that we'll be seeing a different outcome this year and a much hungrier Red Wings team! Here's to all our top guns and young guns all stepping it up!

Red Wings 4 (Datsyuk, Franzen, Lidstrom, Helm)
Coyotes 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Wowza! You did good, Namingway! Even two out of four on who got 'em. Congrats! :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#933 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

Pavel Datsyuk appreciates the Wings fans:

"We were a little bit tentative. We didnít help ourselves a lot when we took those penalties," Detroitís Pavel Datsyuk said. "(But) itís hard to feel panic when you have the whole building cheering for you. We just keep going, keep rolling. Thanks to fans. Good support."

#934 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

Complete and utter DOMINATION.

In the second and third periods, yes.it.was. :w00t2:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#935 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:25 AM

So for the record...

Wings fight = Wings win!

esteef

Or...

Wings score more goals, Wings win?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#936 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

I told you guys Howard would play well in the playoffs all along.

:shocking: :hysterical:

#937 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:35 AM

Why does Bertuzzi think he has to skate backwards to hit someone?

Rob Blake did it his whole career. In fact he probably has an extra crack in his butt from all the board hits he gave other players.

#938 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:45 AM

Ohhh YES!!! I'm gonna name my kid Pavel Johan Brian Jiri Todd. I LOVE THE WINGS!!!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#939 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:45 AM

I heard of a missed elbow in the 1st.

(Doan) actually had about 8 hits - maybe more, according to Doc. He was a crazy man out there. But for all his efforts he's probably gonna have to ice down after the game. :ph34r:

#940 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

Anyone read Franzen's comments after the game? Basically admitting that he was mailing it in during the regular season.

Dats looked awesome :thumbup:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk