• Please log in to reply
961 replies to this topic

#941 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:01 AM

I've been to about 50 or so games at the Joe, give or take 10 either way, and I ended up going to tonight's game. Honestly, after we killed the 5-on-3, the Joe was louder than I've ever heard it. In addition to that, after Bertuzzi's fight, instead of the "LET'S GO RED WINGS (clap clap, clapclapclap)" chant that one might usually hear at the Joe, it was "TOOD BERTUZZI (clap clap, clapclapclap)". I've honestly never heard our entire crowd chant any one single player's name (other than the familiar "OZ-ZIE!" or "JIM-MY!" repeated ad nauseam) prior to tonight. It was magic.
Word,
LDi03

Edited by Legendary D In 03, 14 April 2011 - 02:37 AM.

A complex man drawn off of simplicity.

#942 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:20 AM

I've been to about 50 or so games at the Joe, give or take 10 either way, and I ended up going to tonight's game. Honestly, after we killed the 5-on-3, the Joe was louder than I've ever heard it. In addition to that, after Bertuzzi's fight, instead of the "LET'S GO RED WINGS (clap clap, clapclapclap)" chant that one might usually hear at the Joe, it was "TOOD BERTUZZI (clap clap, clapclapclap)". I've honestly never heard our entire crowd chant any one single player's name (other than the familiar "OZ-ZIE!" or "HOW-IE!" repeated ad nauseam) prior to tonight. It was magic.
Word,
LDi03

I'm jealous of you going, although glad you got to see the Wings show up, but none of these..

Ste-vie? Ste-vie?

Vla-ddie? Vla-ddie?

Luuuuuuuuc?

Jim-my? Jim-my?

.. ring a bell? o.O

That's only a very limited few.

#943 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:36 AM

I only started actually being able to go to games within the last 5 years, even though I've watched them on TV for the last 15.
A complex man drawn off of simplicity.

#944 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:20 AM

Todd Bertuzzi *clap sequence*
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#945 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

only thing i didnt like was NO FIRE after we scored... disappointing. i guess with the rising gas prices... haha but really great game, fought off the adversity early and took over and won it. just like you need to do to be playing in June. GO WINGS

Yeah, I was disappointed with the lack of fire. It's been replaced by red smoke. It seems like they only do the fire every other year? They had it in 08, don't think they did in 09, but it was back last year.

#946 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

In Todd we trust

Todd Bertuzzi :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
IPB Image

#947 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, I was disappointed with the lack of fire. It's been replaced by red smoke. It seems like they only do the fire every other year? They had it in 08, don't think they did in 09, but it was back last year.

I was at Game 5 of the finals both in '08 and '09. I know they did the fire in '08 and I want to say they had it in '09 as well, but I could be wrong.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#948 umredwing11

umredwing11

Ohh Hot Damn, Dan Is The Man

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

What was the Shane Doan chant the crowd had going?

We were saying "shane doan sucks." Not too creative, but it gets the point across.

#949 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

Watching on the fly final is painful... Homlstrom embellished the hook in the second. Forget the fact of Franzens laser that took the lead. Coyotes couldn't get the puck to their snipers on the PP. Christ Mike Johnson is a massive tool to me right now. All they would do is acknowledge that Pav is a great defensive player. Claimed Babs was begging for calls after the game. Makes me wonder if they even saw the first period.

Edited by matt198913, 14 April 2011 - 11:20 AM.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#950 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:38 AM

"It was like I planned before the game throw everything at the net and try to jam it," Datsyuk said. "Good things happen when you shoot a lot. After we scored once, we took control."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/a...1#ixzz1JW3p0ENC

I do believe this is the main reason why the Wings won the game. Very little cutesy passing in the offensive zone. JUST SHOOT AT THE DAMN NET. And jamming and screening doesn't hurt either. :)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#951 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

Goodness what a fabulous evening that was. Awesome way to start things off, just keep it going! Posted Image

Posted Image plenty
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#952 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

My only beef is the 2nd and third line. Neither seem to be doing that great. I'd put Cleary up with Filppula and Hudler and then drop Miller down with Abdelkader and Bert.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#953 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

I'm jealous of you going, although glad you got to see the Wings show up, but none of these..

Ste-vie? Ste-vie?

Vla-ddie? Vla-ddie?

Luuuuuuuuc?

Jim-my? Jim-my?

.. ring a bell? o.O

That's only a very limited few.

After his fight in game 1, the crowd was chanting Dat-syuk the entire five minutes he was in the box. :D
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#954 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#955 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:26 PM

Some pics of the game:
Attached File  wings1.jpg   74.1KB   29 downloadsAttached File  wings9.jpg   24.78KB   25 downloadsAttached File  wings2.jpg   17.02KB   26 downloadsAttached File  wings10.jpg   26.7KB   32 downloads
Attached File  wings11.jpg   71.98KB   27 downloadsAttached File  wings3.jpg   67.9KB   31 downloadsAttached File  wings4.jpg   80.25KB   33 downloadsAttached File  wings6.jpg   99.23KB   35 downloads
Attached File  wings5.jpg   44.59KB   32 downloadsAttached File  wings7.jpg   67.98KB   50 downloadsAttached File  wings8.jpg   40.61KB   30 downloads
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#956 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

Some pics of the game:
Attached File  wings7.jpg   67.98KB   50 downloads

Kronner with the low-five for little Huddles! :lol: :clap:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#957 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

Kronner with the low-five for little Huddles! :lol: :clap:

esteef

Actually, for Hudler that's a high five :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#958 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

Home ice advantage has come back I'd say. Just 1 game, but that was an "old barn" style feel to it in there last night. One of the best crowds I have ever heard at a game in all the years I have gone and I have seen a Cup clincher in '02 and Lemieux-Mac part 2. Just great stuff Hockeytown! Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#959 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

The Wings showed a lot last night, and despite their issues during the regular season, you couldn't tell that they even had any. That was just a great, solid hockey game. I'd like 15 more.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#960 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

Some pics of the game:
Attached File  wings1.jpg   74.1KB   29 downloadsAttached File  wings9.jpg   24.78KB   25 downloadsAttached File  wings2.jpg   17.02KB   26 downloadsAttached File  wings10.jpg   26.7KB   32 downloads
Attached File  wings11.jpg   71.98KB   27 downloadsAttached File  wings3.jpg   67.9KB   31 downloadsAttached File  wings4.jpg   80.25KB   33 downloadsAttached File  wings6.jpg   99.23KB   35 downloads
Attached File  wings5.jpg   44.59KB   32 downloadsAttached File  wings7.jpg   67.98KB   50 downloadsAttached File  wings8.jpg   40.61KB   30 downloads

Awesome pictures! Any chance you can post the Franzen celebration and Datsyuk celebration pictures in a larger, more wallpapery size? If not, no problem. Cool pics either way!
Posted Image