• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Modano on Ferrall

Rate this topic

Modano was on Scott Ferrall's show tonight on Sirius.

He said that he's feeling good for the playoffs but that this season's been a drain mentally and physically and he has been thinking for the last few weeks that this is it for him. He said he's thinking it will be a deep run and then he's moving on to something else.

So, take it for what it's worth - straight from Mo's mouth, he's thinking retirement.

I kind of expected that he would be gone next season.. I think he knows that as it is he can barely make the Wings this year (And that's not a knock on Mo, I actually enjoy watching him play, just being realistic). I just hope that this means he puts everything he has left in the tank into this playoff run and the Wings can send him off in style with a Stanley Cup.

I was really hoping for one last kick of the can from Modano, but it never really happened this year. He's done. I actually expect more from Draper at this point - and that's not saying much. At least Drapes can win a face-off and get his ass off the ice.

Asked if this will be his last playoffs, Modano said: "I think itis. That’s kind of the way I look at it. The last little while, I’ve thoughtlong and hard about it. I’m just going to try to put everything I have intothis, and then that’s going to be it for me."

I'm glad we signed Modano this past season, but it has been a frustrating season for him. I'm all for him still playing in the playoffs (though I obviously get if he is scratched as his ice time has dropped plenty these past few games). If he wants it to be over, cool. I get it. Sometimes you just know when it's time to stop and move onto other things, and this appears to be that time for him. Hopefully what he's hinting at will make him skate and work just that much harder and he doesn't focus more on when will it end, etc.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan