• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Round 1 Playoff Bracket Wallpaper Now Available!

Rate this topic

Note: This year's edition includes two resolutions for 16:9 displays: 1920x1080 and 1366x768.

scp2011rd1_600.jpg

Widescreen 16:10 & 16:9: 1920x1200 | 1920x1080 | 1680x1050 | 1440x900 | 1366x768 | 1280x800

4:3 & 5:4: 1600x1200 | 1400x1050 | 1280x960 | 1280x1024 | 1024x768

Enjoy!

Thanks as always. Any chance of swapping the sides on future editions? I know that puts the west on the "east side", but the current arrangement hides the important stuff (Wings) under my desktop icons. Not bitchin', just askin'.

Thank you! (Your F5 key may now relax... at least until Round 2. :lol:)

Lol that was me :P yes its relaxed now, stronger than ever though! Outstanding wallpaper my man, me and my girl will be proudly sporting this wallpaper!

Badass matt. I really enjoy the wallpapers you come up with. I also like trying to guess how you made it. So is there a smoke plug-in for photoshop? Also did you draw the lines for the "ice" and make them blur and glow and duplicate layers, or did you use another specific effect for that? Or, did you actually have a picture of the ice surface that you made blending changes to?

Edited by plopster

Badass matt. I really enjoy the wallpapers you come up with. I also like trying to guess how you made it. So is there a smoke plug-in for photoshop? Also did you draw the lines for the "ice" and make them blur and glow and duplicate layers, or did you use another specific effect for that? Or, did you actually have a picture of the ice surface that you made blending changes to?

Thanks!

No smoke plugin, but there are a variety of smoke brush sets that are free to download online. I used different smoke brushes from three different sets and used the brush edit window to rotate and customize them further. There's about five different smoke layers involved in getting the effect -- the closer the smoke would 'appear' to the user the heavier the guassian blur applied. Soft drop shadow layer effects were also used to give the subtle illusion of depth on the smoke where one layer was in front of the other.

The ice surface was a large texture image I purchased off iStockPhoto.com a couple years ago. I changed it to a grayscale image, fiddled with the levels to get the right brightness/contrast that I wanted and used the free transform to tilt the ice to the perspective angle I wanted (this is best illustrated in the widescreen versions... in the standard 4:3 ratio resolutions I had to pull the ice down to help fill the space.)