• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
T.Low

P.J. Stock comments on Datsyuk

Rate this topic

HNIC Stanley Cup Preview on CBC right now.

When reviewing the Wings-Yotes matchup Mclean says Phoenix has a lot of depth at D. P.J. Stock replies,

"They are goining to need all those guys because they don't have much up front and Pavel Datsyuk is the greatest talent in the world".

Good kid, that P.J., always liked him.

Edit: I had to laugh; CBC actually used the Chara shoving Pac into the stantion on ther cut-to- commercial highlights. :lol: Classy, guys, real nice.

Edited by T.Low

Yeah, hes right on. They DO have more depth on D, but its not really going to help...unless ours falls to pieces...ummm like it did too many times to count this season. Even so, we have the firepower, they don't. I'm not sure what was going on with the Wolski trade...could have used him :lol: I can't wait to see the preview, I hope someone posts it on Youtube tonight.

They have a good defense, but I better see Detroit play an aggressive forechecking system, with 2 aggressive forwards up at all times. I really think that will be the key, to play Phoenix hard and in their face.

Their defense is surprisingly deep with Morris, Yandle, Klesla, Rozsival, Jovinovski, and Aucoin, but Dats can dangle every one of 'em.

Rosival and Aucoin are two guys who have been consistently underrated their entire careers. In his prime Aucoin was one of the league's best defensemen. The best part is that when he played with Jovo in Vancouver and Rover-novski got all the praise (and hype suggesting he should be in the Norris running) for being a speedy, physical defenseman who could score, Jovo was actually the third best defenseman on the team behind Aucoin and Mattias Ohlund. Rosival has flown mostly under the radar his entire career. He plays a style that's not flashy, so he has never really gotten the credit he deserves as a player; kind of like it took forever for Lidstrom to be given credit for his performance.

Better comments from Jimmy Howard:

"He’s just so crafty with the puck. When he has it, you just sense the whole building holding its breath just watching to see what he does with it. He amazes us every single game. He does it in practice, he does it in the games, like the other night in Chicago in Sunday afternoon’s game. I mean, he stickhandled through four guys. You’re standing down at the other end and you’re just like, ‘Wow.’ Thank you he’s on my side.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20110415/SPORTS05/104150406/Pavel-Datsyuk-dazzles-Red-Wings-skill-wit?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports