• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nevermind

Modano a healthy scratch

Rate this topic

So...your idea is to remove a soft, lazy player who scores in favor of a soft, lazy player who doesn't?

Modano at 40 is better than Hudler will ever be... besides, just when does Hudler score? IF Modano was healthy all year he would've outscored the cream puff...

So...your idea is to remove a soft, lazy player who scores in favor of a soft, lazy player who doesn't?

The guy has an obsessive disliking of Hudler and brings him up in just about every thread he posts in. Kinda like an evil clone of eva unit zero. Just let him have his moments and nod and go ok and pretend to play along.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I personally don't mind what he said. At the vvery bottom he says he would've regretted it if he hadn't tried and this is his final charge at another cup. It didn't work out like he planned, which sucks, but I get the impression he just wants to give it his all one last time. I think he should be in the lineup early in the series just to see if he can bring it, and if he can't, THEN you bench him.

Gee all this talk about this series being chippy and Miller being tougher than Modano, but lets keep Cream Puff Hudler in the game.... Horrible horrible decision... This team is far better with Modano in and Hudler OUT!

Modano scored 15 points in 40 games; he scored 6 of those points in 7 games between Nov 3rd and Nov 17th.

By comparison, Hudler scored 6 points in his first 30 games, when this board near unanimously considered him the worst player under contract to the Wings.

He has since scored 31 points in 43 games. Before you start with the "But, Datsyuk!" stuff you should know that Hudler only played 11 games with Datsyuk.

Hudler has also outperformed Modano defensively.

Modano was brought to the team for his experience and to provide secondary scoring. The Wings have more than enough experience without him in the lineup, and as for the scoring? Modano would place tenth among Wings forwards based on his PPG across 82 games despite getting tons of PP time with the team's best scorers. Miller, Eaves, and Draper all had better seasons for goal scoring; which is sad because Modano's shot is the only real talent he has left aside from his speed.

At least when Maltby was basically forced into retirement, he wasn't sitting there and crying to the media about how he couldn't hack it.

The guy has an obsessive disliking of Hudler and brings him up in just about every thread he posts in. Kinda like an evil clone of eva unit zero. Just let him have his moments and nod and go ok and pretend to play along.

Hey, don't even compare the two. LeftWinger would want to scratch Huds for Game four of the Finals, even if he had 45 goals in the playoffs on a Wings team that had gone 15-0, winning games on nothing but Hudler goals. I admit when he's not playing well, I just argue against the ridiculous hatred, and support the player and the positives I have seen from him.

Yep...because Hudler is omnipotent not to mention he is also the best player in the world.

Honestly though, I'd have no issues with Hudler if he didn't handcuff the Wings that off season when he wanted WAAAAY too much money and pretty much made the Wings miss out on players that were not only better than Hudler, but signed for less than what he was asking for. So, if Hudler was around $800,000 to $1M I wouldn't be so hard on him, but since he demanded so much money, then bolted to the USSR, he should be playing up to what he felt he was worth. Yet, Helm has outplayed him all year long, it may not show in the stats, but Helm has been 100X more valuable to this team than Hudler has. Start playing up to what you are getting paid and maybe I would feel different. But it is gonna take alot to win me over from the way he screwed the Wings around when he was a FA.

Until then, this old bag of pucks in my garage will be more valuable than Hudler. I serously, SERIOUSLY hope he gets traded in the off-season or doesn't get re-signed after next year...

Edited by LeftWinger

Hey, don't even compare the two. LeftWinger would want to scratch Huds for Game four of the Finals, even if he had 45 goals in the playoffs on a Wings team that had gone 15-0, winning games on nothing but Hudler goals. I admit when he's not playing well, I just argue against the ridiculous hatred, and support the player and the positives I have seen from him.

Fair enough.

Yep...because Hudler is omnipotent not to mention he is also the best player in the world.

Stop with the woe is me card. You know you do it on here.

Fair enough.

Stop with the woe is me card. You know you do it on here.

Woe is Me? I don't want sympathy, nor get it. It's just my opinion of Hudler (I am not the only one who feels that way, but I understand people supporting him too.)

I just love when some folks say I am not a REAL Wings fan because I don't care for one of the players, it makes me laugh, like just because he wears the Wheel I should bow down and worship him? Even if he sucks?

Heck, I know I said I wish he were gone, but then I wouldn't have nothing to post about! :hysterical:

ok, back on topic, sorry for the Hudler stuff. I really hope Modano gets in soon, I would love to see him prove that Holland made the right decision...

Woe is Me? I don't want sympathy, nor get it. It's just my opinion of Hudler (I am not the only one who feels that way, but I understand people supporting him too.)

I just love when some folks say I am not a REAL Wings fan because I don't care for one of the players, it makes me laugh, like just because he wears the Wheel I should bow down and worship him? Even if he sucks?

Heck, I know I said I wish he were gone, but then I wouldn't have nothing to post about! :hysterical:

ok, back on topic, sorry for the Hudler stuff. I really hope Modano gets in soon, I would love to see him prove that Holland made the right decision...

This isn't even close to what I was insinuating, and you know it, so stop.

I don't give a gee whiz if you don't like somebody. That's your deal. Plenty of people don't like some players on here.

But when you don't use logic and go to extremes, I'll call you out on it (and it goes the same way with obessive likings of players). A book could be written about your track record here regarding this player as well as a few others in the extreme way. Don't get all bent out of shape because you got called out on the obvious. It's nothing new from you, and it's nothing new when you go to your "I DON'T HAVE TO LIKE EVERYBODY" or "I'M NOT A REAL FAN BIT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE CERTAIN PLAYERS" bit.

Again, nowhere close to what I was implying.

Just trying to make you understand.

modano>draper

I know it's become popular to make posts like that, but how about backing it up with some statements as to why?

I forget this from time to time, but Modano is 6'3" 212 lbs. He's 40 years old but still a decent skater with a heavy shot. It's hard to believe a guy that big can be so invisible most nights. He doesn't need to be out there crushing guys, but little Hudler has better puck pursuit and is more physical than Modano.

It's like on paper he wanted to play in Detroit, then he found out how friggin hard it is to backcheck all the time.

Go ahead and throw me in there with LeftWinger...I'd much rather have Modano and his experience in the lineup than Hudler, regardless of the requisite statistical analysis explaining why Hudler wasn't a waste of a contract all season long.

Was glad Modano signed, but not a fan since then. He can sit all playoffs for all I care. Miller brings more to the table anyway imo.

@ the people saying Modano over Hudler... LOL!

At least Hudler does more than float around hoping for an off-balance one time wrister.

Edited by Broken 16

While it is an unfortunate set of circumstances for Mike Modano, I feel it is the correct move. Look at how well the Wings played on Sunday when they played chip anc chase and bang the D hockey. Modano doesn't fit that mold. The playoffs are about grinding it out, Mike doesn't do that. He isn't scoring either. Eaves, Miller, and Helm can all bang bodies AND put the puck in the net. Draper has been killing penalties and actually winning faceoffs again, unlike the past 2 seasons. Abby is banging bodies while centering the second line. Hudler isn't exactly lighting the world on fire, but don't be surprised if Hudler is the scratch when Z is healthy. Or if Huds plays terrible, Modano may replace him in the next couple games.

Babcock said it perfectly. It isn't about him (Babcock) or Mike Modano. It is about the Red Wings and putting out what they feel is the best lineup to win.

Madonna has been useless, but I figured Holland/Babcock would still dress him to save face and maybe have him prove them right.

After all, this was why they signed him in the offseason. I didn't agree with the signing, but they may as well ride with it now.