Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:46 PM

Damn that is full of win. :clap:

#22 Autika

Autika

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, when I told the lady hawks fan sitting next to me at the game (who was very nice by the way), she even said, "Oh thats cool!"

#23 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

Your g/f wins the internet.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#24 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

Great story!

Sounds like you need to keep your GF away from LGW posters *jokes*

my first game I was 13ish in the old maple leafs gardens and Gary Leeman did not want to give me his autograph after the wings beat them b/c I was wearing a wings jersey... He ended up signing my program, and he might have been joking but I could not tell at 13.
"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#25 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:27 AM

And you even got new kicks outta the deal. :)

There was an old saying going around in the Eric Daze-era Hawks that the easiest place to get a Wings ticket was United Center. Never sold out, always had tickets on game day, walk right on in. Good thing for Hawks fan that Wertz drove them so far into the ground that they got good again. What's it like watching the Hawks on TV, Hawks fan?

End rant. :)
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! ™ - RETIRED 2012

#26 LadyInRed

LadyInRed

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

That is too sweet! I hope to do something as big as that for my man :)

#27 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:40 PM

I'm very glad you got to you first Wings game, I've been to 3 Wings Game so far all at the Joe the last one just this season when my sled hockey team got invited to watch practice and play sled hockey game on the Joe Louis Arena ice. I would love to go to an away Wings game. How was the United Center? I'd like to go to a Bruins Vs Wings game in Boston that would be great. Glad you had a great time hope you get to go to another one soon. Great story thanks for sharing.

PS: Moline does have a hockey team. The Quad City Mallards of the Central Hockey League plays there, otherwise that's it and I agree with you Moline does suck.

Edited by Dimaline312000, 15 April 2011 - 12:42 PM.