• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

55fan

Have you got your RED on?

Rate this topic

Well, ladies and gents. It looks like no one else is going to do this, so here we go...

It's the playoffs again, and with the games comes the Red Wings tradition of Playoff Bracelets.

"Wow!" you say, "How can I be a part of this?"

I'm so glad you asked.

The only real rule is this: Red= win. White= loss.

You can make one bracelet or one for each game. If you make one for each game, you can use different coloured floss. If you make one for the playoffs, you can use different coloured beads. You can add charms, octopi, or whatever you want to them. (Personally, I use letters to add the initials of all of the goal-scorers to my bracelets.)

They can even be necklaces, if you'd rather not wear a bracelet.

People come up with great ways of making this their own.

So join us! Add your own touch and count down the wins!

Roll call and/or pics can be posted at any time.

Guest Shoreline

The wife likes this kinda stuff, will see if I can get her interested.

Oh good, I've been looking for this - thanks for starting the thread!

I'm going to do a necklace...went and got all my beads and everything on Tuesday, and I strung on a red bead last night after the game, woohoo!! :siren: I'll post a pic later today if I can figure out the teknoluhjee on my cell phone.

I am a bit disappointed since I wont be doing bracelets this year :( I got a new job and I dont think they would find it very professional looking, not to mention having to wash my hands 50+ times a day they would just be soaking wet all day long. So instead I bought beads for a necklace, which has already got me more compliments than 3 years of bracelets did haha.

Sorry to all the guys - I couldn't handle taking a pic of myself with my phone with clothes on or off, so all you get is the necklace itself today.

necklacegame1.jpg

That is a redonculously bad picture, and I even set it to the highest resolution. Bummer. On Saturday I'll have to break out the actual camera.

I am a bit disappointed since I wont be doing bracelets this year :( I got a new job and I dont think they would find it very professional looking, not to mention having to wash my hands 50+ times a day they would just be soaking wet all day long. So instead I bought beads for a necklace, which has already got me more compliments than 3 years of bracelets did haha.

Yeah, I'm finding the necklace idea a lot more convenient...I could do bracelets (I mean, I wore my Howard t-shirt to work yesterday...we're a tad on the casual side), but this is a lot less time consuming and in my case, probably a lot prettier (not so good at braiding small things).

Edited by MulesWillFly93

Sorry to all the guys - I couldn't handle taking a pic of myself with my phone with clothes on or off, so all you get is the necklace itself today.

necklacegame1.jpg

That is a redonculously bad picture, and I even set it to the highest resolution. Bummer. On Saturday I'll have to break out the actual camera.

Yeah, I'm finding the necklace idea a lot more convenient...I could do bracelets (I mean, I wore my Howard t-shirt to work yesterday...we're a tad on the casual side), but this is a lot less time consuming and in my case, probably a lot prettier (not so good at braiding small things).

I really enjoyed the bracelets, I feel weird not doing them haha. We are pretty casual at my work, but I just don't think they would like them very much. one or two maybe, but by the end of the playoffs it takes up like 3 inches of wrist haha. I do wish I could still do them though! I will post a picture of my necklace so far later :)

I really enjoyed the bracelets, I feel weird not doing them haha. We are pretty casual at my work, but I just don't think they would like them very much. one or two maybe, but by the end of the playoffs it takes up like 3 inches of wrist haha. I do wish I could still do them though! I will post a picture of my necklace so far later :)

Ah, yeah, I can see where they would be a little impractical if you're working with your hands a lot. The necklaces are kind of fun in their own way, though, since they build up anticipation...you can't really do any preparation to put a bead on, so by the time you get to, you're just itching to put it on there (well, unless it's a white one, of course). Can't wait to see everybody's pics (which sounds slightly weird after the conversation between a couple of people above this, but I really just mean the jewelry).

necklacegame1.jpg

How do you fasten your necklace (close it off to keep the bead on) yet still keep it where you can continue to add beads every so many days? I wanted to do a necklace this year too, but I don't know how to handle the closing and opening of the necklace. I found some cute crystal beads too, but the hole is so small, I can't fit a chain through there, only string.

Ah, yeah, I can see where they would be a little impractical if you're working with your hands a lot. The necklaces are kind of fun in their own way, though, since they build up anticipation...you can't really do any preparation to put a bead on, so by the time you get to, you're just itching to put it on there (well, unless it's a white one, of course). Can't wait to see everybody's pics (which sounds slightly weird after the conversation between a couple of people above this, but I really just mean the jewelry).

I would always wait until the game was done and then braid the bracelet. this will be a lot faster though haha.

216403_10150170561683128_508083127_6847500_1207899_n.jpg

I got Red and White beads and then Silver ones to put in between the series!

How do you fasten your necklace (close it off to keep the bead on) yet still keep it where you can continue to add beads every so many days? I wanted to do a necklace this year too, but I don't know how to handle the closing and opening of the necklace. I found some cute crystal beads too, but the hole is so small, I can't fit a chain through there, only string.

I just tied mine in the back with a knot that I can undo and redo. I looked for a chain too and all of that and couldnt find anything small enough to fit through the beads. So far the knot has been totally fine and I havent had any problems, we'll see I guess!

I would always wait until the game was done and then braid the bracelet. this will be a lot faster though haha.

216403_10150170561683128_508083127_6847500_1207899_n.jpg

I got Red and White beads and then Silver ones to put in between the series!

I just tied mine in the back with a knot that I can undo and redo. I looked for a chain too and all of that and couldnt find anything small enough to fit through the beads. So far the knot has been totally fine and I havent had any problems, we'll see I guess!

Nice!! I like the silver bead. I gotta get some better spacers...I just used a couple left over from one of my mom's beading projects, and they're nothing special. Completely forgot about those when I went to get the red and white ones, oops. I like how yours is big - it adds some interest while we're waiting for a few more game beads.

Yeah, I tied mine in a knot, too. The cord is leather, so it's not too slippery, and it stays tied just fine. If you get beads with big enough holes, you might be able to find a clasp that they'll fit over, but mine have pretty small holes, so it's a knot for me.

Nice!! I like the silver bead. I gotta get some better spacers...I just used a couple left over from one of my mom's beading projects, and they're nothing special. Completely forgot about those when I went to get the red and white ones, oops. I like how yours is big - it adds some interest while we're waiting for a few more game beads.

Yeah, I tied mine in a knot, too. The cord is leather, so it's not too slippery, and it stays tied just fine. If you get beads with big enough holes, you might be able to find a clasp that they'll fit over, but mine have pretty small holes, so it's a knot for me.

yeah the silver ones were a bit more expensive than I wanted to go....but they were just so pretty haha. I'm getting antsy to add another bead! hopefully its the right color :siren:

Thank you, MulesWillFly93 and wingnut22, for your suggestions. I had my beads already, but nothing to put them on other than flimsy bead thread, so I went out and got the black leather cord like you guys. I wanted a clasp, but nothing was going to work out, so I just tied the string to make an adjustable necklace, and I can untie it add more beads as needed. I've done the bracelets with letter beads before, but I never had time to braid the bracelets. I like this a little bit better because it is prettier!

Here's my necklace after Game 1:

P1150914.jpg

And after today's Game 2:

P1150916.jpg

Who says I not doing that too? :P I'm like Z. Two games in and I've already got that girl beat, especially under the arms! Ha ha!

Not to get off topic, but that's really gross. Sorry to your significant other. It had to be said.scared.gif

The beads are cool. Lets hope those with the necklaces you have them all the way around by the end of the finals.

Not to get off topic, but that's really gross. Sorry to your significant other. It had to be said.scared.gif

The beads are cool. Lets hope those with the necklaces you have them all the way around by the end of the finals.

I was very much kidding with that statement. I'm definitely NOT that kind of girl. I wouldn't be able to stand myself if I didn't keep everything clean shaven! :lol: