• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

I'm not a guy. You got the rest right, though.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#42 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

Posted Image

Here's mine.

Edited by WizardOfOz30, 21 April 2011 - 08:14 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#43 denverwingsfan13

denverwingsfan13

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:05 AM

I was doing the simple embroidery thread tied around my wrist, but they keep breaking =/

#44 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

I am being derelict in my duties as the OP which, since Rabs disappears when she's SUPPOSED to be starting these threads, has become my sacred duty.

Here's my threads after Round 1:

Posted Image

Doesn't all that red look nice?

Dawn- I like the beads.

Denverwingsfan13- Have you tried crochet thread? It's a bit stronger. Or perhaps you could braid them like the younglings from Middle Earth do. I'm sure one of them could pop in and give you instructions. (Hint-hint, girls.)

My problem is that some of mine are a bit longer than the others. Do you know how hard it was to get them to line up for a photo? It was like herding first graders. At least they haven't broken yet. In '09 I had a half dozen of my Sunday School kids crawling around under the first five pews searching for beads. We never did find that last F. And you know what happened in '09. :ranting:

Keep the photos, stories, and comments (inane and otherwise) coming!
Best of wishes to our hirsute brethren. They should be itchy by now. :P

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#45 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

Thanks, I figured it would look ok with my professional dress at work.

I could never imagine doing what you are Karen, and you get +1000 for taking a picture of them, I had a hard time taking one of mine so I gave up. I concerned mine might not be big enough for all the beads, I might have to use a longer thread.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#46 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

Posted Image

my beads :D

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#47 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:53 PM

I really like your separators, might have to do something like that for next year. The red ones, they are great :P

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#48 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

To finish up Round 1 before Round 2, here are pics after

Game 3:
Posted Image

& Game 4:
Posted Image

Love seeing all that red! Keep it going, boys, against the Sharks!

Edited by Miss Wing Queen, 28 April 2011 - 07:58 PM.

#49 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Aren't we all looking lovely with all our red beads and bracelets? Here's a little more positive energy as we start the next round.

Attached File  necklace4beads.JPG   25.91KB   5 downloads

Edited by MulesWillFly93, 28 April 2011 - 08:16 PM.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#50 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

I really like your separators, might have to do something like that for next year. The red ones, they are great :P

they were a bit more $ than I had planned on spending....but they were just so pretty! haha

Posted Image

blah, come on Wings, I need more red!!! :siren: I ended up having to get new cord when I put on the last bead, it wouldnt go through the bead, it was all soft and squishy or something....weird :blink:

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#51 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

blah, come on Wings, I need more red!!! :siren: I ended up having to get new cord when I put on the last bead, it wouldn't go through the bead, it was all soft and squishy or something....weird :blink:

Too much tying and untying, I'm worried about mine but it's holding up pretty well. I have a heck of a time untying it to put a new bead on.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#52 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

Too much tying and untying, I'm worried about mine but it's holding up pretty well. I have a heck of a time untying it to put a new bead on.

I figure either that or that its been in the shower and gotten all wet and that too.

Posted Image

#53 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

Not to get off topic, but that's really gross. Sorry to your significant other. It had to be said.Posted Image
The beads are cool. Lets hope those with the necklaces you have them all the way around by the end of the finals.

You get all in a huff about some one saying something a little gross and you have the nerve to post under the handle plopster? Now, that's unsettling! I feel bad for your significant toilet
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#54 wngzfn

wngzfn

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:14 AM

Hi all. I am not much on posting but I am a fantastic lurker. This is usually the first place I come after a hard day at the office. There is nothing better than reading new posts on the Boys. I love the bracelet idea so I borrowed it. I used a red crystal for every goal scored. I separate the scores with a white/clear crystal when they win and a black crystal for win they lose...DEMMIT!!!! Each series will have a slightly different design to keep them all straight. This has been so much fun. Especially since I live in Chicagoland and am the lone Red Wing fan pretty much everywhere I go. I have really enjoyed letting my friends know I am adding a new bracelet while the Hawks are adding another bag tag to their golf clubs! Thanks for all the fun.

Attached Files

#55 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

Hi all. I am not much on posting but I am a fantastic lurker. This is usually the first place I come after a hard day at the office. There is nothing better than reading new posts on the Boys. I love the bracelet idea so I borrowed it. I used a red crystal for every goal scored. I separate the scores with a white/clear crystal when they win and a black crystal for win they lose...DEMMIT!!!! Each series will have a slightly different design to keep them all straight. This has been so much fun. Especially since I live in Chicagoland and am the lone Red Wing fan pretty much everywhere I go. I have really enjoyed letting my friends know I am adding a new bracelet while the Hawks are adding another bag tag to their golf clubs! Thanks for all the fun.

Awesome!
I love the way we are all getting so creative!

Keep up the good work, and hopefully the Wings will keep up their end of the deal!

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#56 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

girls are weird
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#57 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

girls are weird

Not tonight, my friend.

Tonight, the girls are WIRED!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GO WINGS!!!!!

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#58 wngzfn

wngzfn

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

WHOOT!!! No black bead tonight!!!

I really hope all my Blackhawk friends kept their receipts for the brooms they bought for me.

#59 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

Silly Blackhawks fans. Brooms are for Red Wings.

I got to show my bracelets to my manager at my weekend job this morning. He's from Detroit, but he's been on vacation so he hasn't seen them. He thought they were cool.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#60 sinbin

sinbin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

I wear mine all the time! I had it in my heart since 1972!:cool: