• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

TODD BER-TUZZI ! TODD BER-TUZZI !

Rate this topic

I'm sure everyone who was either at the game or otherwise noticed the incredibly loud chants shouting TODD BER-TUZZI! TODD BER-TUZZI! Especially after his few scuffs and hits. I believe later i nthe game there were also Franzen and Hudler chants after their goals. I have rarely ever heard of this happening with the exception of goalies (for reasons good and bad). I wonder if this really pumps the players up when they are singled out like that. Could this be our home ice advantage, or do you think the players just ignore it?

"Red Wings forward Todd Bertuzzi had a good laugh Wednesday night when a reporter asked when was the last time he had heard his name chanted by fans at a game.

"Not in a bad way?" he replied, smiling. "Gotta be at least seven, eight years ago."

Bertuzzi received a standing ovation from fans after a brief fight with Phoenix's Rostislav Klesla during the second period of Game 1's 4-2 victory at Joe Louis Arena.

Bertuzzi was further rewarded with loud "Todd Bertuzzi" chants.

He dropped the gloves after Klesla chest-bumped him several times following a collision along the boards that ended with Klesla being upended.

"I didn't even have the puck and he took a run at me," Bertuzzi said. "I was ready to go. Unfortunately, I kind of slipped."

Bertuzzi has been vilified in most NHL arenas after his infamous hit playing with Vancouver on Steve Moore seven years ago, which made Wednesday's chants even nicer.

"It was pretty cool," Bertuzzi said. "It probably would have been better if it was after a goal, but, it was neat. Good fans here.""

From: http://www.freep.com/article/20110414/SPORTS05/104140575/1053/rss17

"Red Wings forward Todd Bertuzzi had a good laugh Wednesday night when a reporter asked when was the last time he had heard his name chanted by fans at a game.

"Not in a bad way?" he replied, smiling. "Gotta be at least seven, eight years ago."

Bertuzzi received a standing ovation from fans after a brief fight with Phoenix's Rostislav Klesla during the second period of Game 1's 4-2 victory at Joe Louis Arena.

Bertuzzi was further rewarded with loud "Todd Bertuzzi" chants.

He dropped the gloves after Klesla chest-bumped him several times following a collision along the boards that ended with Klesla being upended.

"I didn't even have the puck and he took a run at me," Bertuzzi said. "I was ready to go. Unfortunately, I kind of slipped."

Bertuzzi has been vilified in most NHL arenas after his infamous hit playing with Vancouver on Steve Moore seven years ago, which made Wednesday's chants even nicer.

"It was pretty cool," Bertuzzi said. "It probably would have been better if it was after a goal, but, it was neat. Good fans here.""

From: http://www.freep.com/article/20110414/SPORTS05/104140575/1053/rss17

That was pretty cool perferct amount of rythm for a full name chant Sounded kind of like the Yankees roll call from the bleacher creatures.

Hope it continues but hope it's not over done.

I was very happy with the chants but more importantly happier with Berts play last night. We need energy and I don't wanna start any arguments that we have had numerous times but it sounds like the fans were happy with it also.

Bertuzzi must have realized the team had a need that he could fill and stepped into the breach. Glad to see he's thinking about his role on the team and trying to help however he can. I liked the name chant because it's always a boost for the players and we need to support them however we can. Plus, "Let's go Red Wings" gets old after a while, singling out players for good play can only help, and it might have a psychological affect on the opponent.

He's stepping into the hole of the Red Wings enforcer almost. It's not that we want him to go out there and fight every night, we just need the presence and let it be known that if you want to start some s*** we'll release the hound. I think the Wings need that so they don't get ran over physically so much, players will start to realize that there will be repercussions for their actions against the Wings and fortunately for us, its a big ol boy that loves to throw ragdolls around.

Shows how desperate we are to see a fight in this town. :D

Good to see Bert playing with some passion again. I'm waiting for Naslund to be out there on a shift. That's the last time I remember him this engaged in battle on the ice. Keep it up Bert. 15 more good games and you can lift a 35 pound memory you'll never forget.

Was so pumped when he dropped the gloves. Klesla getting his face like that and you can tell he didn't really want to do it but then he just had to at that point. Crowd was already roaring and that just set it off. Great great game, keep that momentum going!!!

Guest Shoreline

Glad the crowd was finally into it. After not showing up in the first, and the refs being retarded as usual, the boys energized the crowd before the Datsyuk goal not long into the second with a large amount of sustained pressure on the Coyotes D and some battles to keep possession. Then Datsyuk scored which really got them going, and keeping up the pressure, along with the Bert fight afterwards, helped keep things lively and entertaining. That second period was actually one of the best I'd seen the boys play in a long time, and glad to hear the 'tuzzi chants. :)

I will point out though that chants are not all that rare, it's just hearing Bertuzzi's name that is.. :lol:

Edited by Shoreline

The people who started the chant were on the ticket this morning, and they were a group of 20 college kids who got cheap tix on stubhub. They were pretty jacked about it, and I would be too if I were them.

Guest Shoreline

The people who started the chant were on the ticket this morning, and they were a group of 20 college kids who got cheap tix on stubhub. They were pretty jacked about it, and I would be too if I were them.

Now all that's left is for guys to go shirtless (even though I prefer girls, but they'd never show that on cable TV) with red paint on their chest or backs spelling BERTUZZI. :lol:

:lol: They weren't cheap tickets tho... 36 a piece he said and I was like uhhh I got mine for 7 bro. But either way, good on them for starting that epic chant. What a glorious night of hockey that was.

I was listening to the game on my car radio at work whenever I got the chance, and the chant was overpowering the announcers at times.

Although I didn't SEE the actual action, over the past two year Bert has been showing bits of the player he was in his Vancouver days. I think that he's been afraid to use his body because of the Moore accident, but with the Wings fans behind him, he's getting some of his confidence back.

That would make sense about the college kids, I was up near that section (also picked up tickets off stubhub cheap) and heard a few of the U of M type chants started. Pretty cool if this kept up during the playoffs.