• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:31 AM

The people who started the chant were on the ticket this morning, and they were a group of 20 college kids who got cheap tix on stubhub. They were pretty jacked about it, and I would be too if I were them.

Now all that's left is for guys to go shirtless (even though I prefer girls, but they'd never show that on cable TV) with red paint on their chest or backs spelling BERTUZZI. :lol:

#22 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

The people who started the chant were on the ticket this morning, and they were a group of 20 college kids who got cheap tix on stubhub. They were pretty jacked about it, and I would be too if I were them.

:lol: They weren't cheap tickets tho... 36 a piece he said and I was like uhhh I got mine for 7 bro. But either way, good on them for starting that epic chant. What a glorious night of hockey that was.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#23 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

I was listening to the game on my car radio at work whenever I got the chance, and the chant was overpowering the announcers at times.

Although I didn't SEE the actual action, over the past two year Bert has been showing bits of the player he was in his Vancouver days. I think that he's been afraid to use his body because of the Moore accident, but with the Wings fans behind him, he's getting some of his confidence back.

#24 LAW

LAW

Veritas

• 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

That would make sense about the college kids, I was up near that section (also picked up tickets off stubhub cheap) and heard a few of the U of M type chants started. Pretty cool if this kept up during the playoffs.

#25 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

they said on 97.1 after the game it had the sense of a college hockey game. I really hope that sets the tone
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#26 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

I have always had a love/hate relationship with Bertuzzi. I along with others hated what he did in Van, but I remember being really excited when he signed with us both times. I yell when he pulls that one hand on the stick crap and gets stripped, but I have LOVED seeing him use that size. Congrats Bert you earned that ovation last night keep up that intensity. :clap:

#27 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:57 PM

36 isn't that bad for a ticket, I got mine for 30 each. Where do you get tix for 7 bucks??? That's crazy cheap.
Wish List: Stanley Cup!
100% pure Ukranian

#28 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

36 isn't that bad for a ticket, I got mine for 30 each. Where do you get tix for 7 bucks??? That's crazy cheap.

The stubhub. There were a lot of tickets sitting at below 10 for the longest. I had to grab the 7's and turned out to be the best I ever spent in my life.

#29 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

I started a PAVEL DATSYUK chant after his perry fight the first game of the year. Although I was driving home from work by myself listening on the radio.

#30 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

The stubhub. There were a lot of tickets sitting at below 10 for the longest. I had to grab the 7's and turned out to be the best I ever spent in my life.

Oh, gotcha. I didn't see any yesterday while browsing. Guess I'll be getting student rush tix again for Saturdays game. Definitely worth the $30 bucks.
100% pure Ukranian

#31 LadyInRed

LadyInRed

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:51 PM

LOVE Bert! He is such a bad ass. You can tell hes been holding back given his past, but I'm so happy hes starting to come out & play like he has. I might be going to saturday's game.. it would be awesome to start this tradition! Everytime one of the Wings score, or make a big play, we start chanting the individual name. The opposing team would hate us.

The Wings are so lucky to have fans like us ;) poor Phoenix..

#32 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

Wish there was some Datsyuk chants.. he was a beast yesterday.

#33 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

I can't prove this, but it seems to me that guys with four syllables in their names are the greatest athletes. I might just be buying into the chants.

But ... guys without 4 syllables: Brett Lebda, Andreas Lilja, Robert Lang, Uwe Krupp, etc.

#34 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

But ... guys without 4 syllables: Brett Lebda, Andreas Lilja, Robert Lang, Uwe Krupp, Henrik Zetterberg

Shenanigans!!!!!!

#35 weGotTheCup89

weGotTheCup89

This is for the Wings fans!

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

Reminded me of a UofM hockey game I went to. Jack Johnson's dad would dance during the first or second intermission with the pep band, and the student section would chant "Mis-ter John-son" clap clap clapclapclap

This type of thing happens at the Joe when tickets become affordable for college students ($12 tix on stubhub for game 1)

This type of thing happens at the Joe when tickets become affordable for college students ($12 tix on stubhub for game 1)

Not just to reply to myself, but I didn't read the second page of comments and I see I was right. That's... The Michigan Difference
Q: Of all the individual trophies you have not won, which one would you most like to win?
Datsyuk: I have so many of them that I haven't won. I think I would most like to win a trophy to the best goaltending duo.

#36 Tman77

Tman77

Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

Dear Bert,

We love you. Keep kicking ass.

Signed,

Red Wings Nation

#37 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

Bert is now playing the role he was supposed to play all along

I hope he keeps it up. Cause those fights really change games. You can feel it.

TODD BER TUZZI :siren:

#38 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

How awesome would we be if we had personalized chants for our players after goals and such?? I think we should run with it from now on.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#39 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

So who's going to start a "Win-ni-peg!" chant at Saturdays game? haha
100% pure Ukranian

#40 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur