• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

TODD BER-TUZZI ! TODD BER-TUZZI !

Rate this topic

I hope it's the start of something this playoff year, I like that kind of stuff in sports. It's like Yankee fans and their "roll call" in the top of the 1st inning.

Agreed. It's like a rolling poll of fans to see if they approve of what an athlete is doing, haha. Plus, anything more than the regular "let's go Red Wings" spices things up.

Need school kids at the games, that was great atmosphere.

And you know what they say about Todd Bertuzzi; He calls the goalie Susie. :thumbup:

Considering he's the most booed guy in the league, it must have been great for he and his family to hear the Joe chanting his name in appreciation. Awesome.

Illitch needs to have college discounts to get those kids to the Joe more often.

Edited by T.Low

How awesome would we be if we had personalized chants for our players after goals and such?? I think we should run with it from now on.

they do this in England at soccer matches. Some are hilarious. Some are cruel. All of them are great. If we start doing something similar here, i would be ecstatic. that is until "golem" gary bettman decides its against the rules ;)

Guest CaliWingsNut

Oh, I suspect Bettman would have a chant of his own raining down if he tried that. ;)

The 'boo'ing of Gary typically is louder than any sorta chant.

I just saw something that is kinda odd

R Todd Bertuzzi 81 g/p 16 29 45 -7 15:57 @ $44,444/pt (cap hit)

Salary: 2.250 10-11, 1.625 11-12

Cap is roughly $2/yr

He makes 44,444 per point. Just a strange coincidence that I thought was neat.

Anyone else see Bertuzzi's reaction last night after the little dig on Lidstrom, asking why the f*** they have to do that? Brought to mind Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde.

Could have used a little more Mr. Hyde last night though, Bert had no fire whatsoever.

Anyone else see Bertuzzi's reaction last night after the little dig on Lidstrom, asking why the f*** they have to do that? Brought to mind Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde.

Could have used a little more Mr. Hyde last night though, Bert had no fire whatsoever.

When your team is up 2-0 and 3-0, it's a different situation. You have to be very careful about contributing to the rise of the overall emotion of the game in their building and then have it swing against you as a turning point.