• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest stinky fish taco

Throwing an octopus at the Joe no longer allowed

Rate this topic

Guest stinky fish taco

http://www.kuklaskor..._fine_and_jail/

Via On the Wings' Matt Saler (blog link), The Hockey Writers' Monica McAlister (blog/article link) and, well, Deadspin's Brian Hickney is reporting—and reputably so, with visual proof—that if you throw an octopus at Joe Louis Arena, during a Red Wings game, you will be ejected, fined $500, face a court hearing, and possibly sent to jail if you do not pay $150 to the Detroit Police department, for, and I quote from the ticket…

"Throwing an object which would cause injury onto the playing field of an athletic contest."

According to both the person who was charged, one Tommy B., and Ms. McAlister, the new ruling is that you will be fined $500 if caught in the act of throwing an octopus by Joe Louis Arena's security guards. Whether this new fine is being enacted by the city to bump up ticket revenues or whether the NHL pressured the Wings into enforcing it, we don't know yet.

http://deadspin.com/...500-and-ejected

discuss.

Edited by stinky fish taco

Wow I was actually planning on throwing one next game I go to these playoffs, thats unfortunate. Might have to wait til the end of the game or until security isnt looking instead of during the anthem.

Jailtime.. pfft ill be across the border before they know whats happening :pirate:

EDIT: had to add badass pirate smiley to sound tougher

Edited by newfy

******* bulls***. Bettman is such a ******. He should be scared if he ever has to present the cup at the Joe again. I would hope he get pummeled by them.

That would be epic - seeing Bettman pelted by octopi!

Wings would never get a power play again :)

They can fine all they want. It won't stop the octopus from flying. In fact, this will probably only encourage it via the the streisand effect..

f*** Bettman, f*** the NHL, keep throwing the octopi. :octo:

Edited by ACallToArms

I would like to take the time for everyone who is freaking out to pump the breaks and understand the "pig cops" aren't the ones enacting these new laws.

Really makes me wonder when people start screaming "f*** the police" from a law they didn't decide on but now are required to enforce.

I would like to take the time for everyone who is freaking out to pump the breaks and understand the "pig cops" aren't the ones enacting these new laws.

Really makes me wonder when people start screaming "f*** the police" from a law they didn't decide on but now are required to enforce.

When I said that Doc, I was referring to the "fine" part of that sentence

Guest CaliWingsNut

Everybody throw one! They can't fine us all!

esteef

Out Throw the Government! Yeah man! :hippie:

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Lol at all the hate on cops. Must be nice on all your pedestals. You all do know that this has ZERO to do with law enforcement and all to do with the NHL and/or Joe Louis Arena? I blame the one idiot who threw the octopus onto the ice during game play. That person should never be allowed at JLA.

Lol pig cops. You immature people crack me up.

Lol, exactly.