• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest stinky fish taco

Throwing an octopus at the Joe no longer allowed

Rate this topic

This

It doesn't seem so much about tradition anymore as about ending up on Sports Center or getting hits on YouTube. Peoples tendency to take things to far is as much to blame as Bettman, an opinion that probably won't get me many friends around here.

The thing is if your going to cite people for this you better start citing people for chucking a hat on the ice. IMO that could be considered discriminating by singling out one group.

Out of 20,066 people that could be throwing them, I don't think 7 is really that bad, as long as they're being thrown at appropriate times. It's not like all those people coordinate before the game. What are the other 6 people gonna do after the first is thrown? Just keep the octopi strapped to them and take it home for next time?

The City of detroit is millions of dollars in debt. They will take any penny they can get. But perhaps is you slipped the officer a 20 or something to kindly look the other way would do the trick.

If the NHL is so worried about octopi juice ruining the ice, maybe they shouldn't of put a ice rink in a city where its 100 + degrees in April?

Wonder if this will be the same as what happened to the streaker I saw at Comerica when I was at the Tigers/Royals game on my bday (Sept 15) in 2009.

The guy communicated with me (and the Security guard who tackled him actually). Turned out he didn't get prosecuted by anyone. They dropped the charges. And what are the chances someone at the Joe actually recognizes him?

1/2 naked is not anywhere close to being naked. All that was, was a fat guy with no shirt on trespassing.

anyone goin to the game tomorrow, and planning on throwing octopi? we need everyone throwing calamari!!!

we need to start some anti bettman/nhl ruining the fun chants at the game tomorrow!!

link to free the octopi facebook page. facebook group

Edited by wings1110

I'm not sure if this was posted in any of the previous 11 or so pages on this thread..but here is a video of Ozzie's thoughts on bettman and this ridiculous rule, he doesn't seem to happy about it...bettman's such a lil weazel i cant believe they extended his contract

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/04/15/jeff-riger-exclusive-ozzy-outragedwith-video/

Out of 20,066 people that could be throwing them, I don't think 7 is really that bad, as long as they're being thrown at appropriate times. It's not like all those people coordinate before the game. What are the other 6 people gonna do after the first is thrown? Just keep the octopi strapped to them and take it home for next time?

7/20,066=barley even one percent. I think it should be allowed as long as your following the rules e.g. Not throwing it when the game is in play etc. But like during breaks I have no problem with it.

7/20,066=barley even one percent. I think it should be allowed as long as your following the rules e.g. Not throwing it when the game is in play etc. But like during breaks I have no problem with it.

I agree, I was trying to get the double quote, but messed up. I was replying to the guy who was agreeing with the person who called 7 octopi/game 'extreme'.

7/game is really nothing. and it's not about wanting 'internet attention'. people want to participate. 7/2066 is just that.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I agree, I was trying to get the double quote, but messed up. I was replying to the guy who was agreeing with the person who called 7 octopi/game 'extreme'.

7/game is really nothing. and it's not about wanting 'internet attention'. people want to participate. 7/2066 is just that.

whoever things 7 is too much, needs to check out octopi counts from the 90's.

Check your math. It's three-one hundredths of one percent =]

So did any of the people who threw a pi' on the ice in today's game get arrested? Cause I know there were a few thrown.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Quite possibly the only time this will happen, but I think alot of us would agree with Mike Milbury on something...

During the Game 2 pregame show:

Freep

"You have to have octopus on the ice," analyst Mike Milbury said. "It's called fun."

Him and another NBC talking head picked up (using gloves) octopi down on ice level during during the pregame show. Anyone get a screencap or youtube it? I haven't found anything.

Quite possibly the only time this will happen, but I think alot of us would agree with Mike Milbury on something...

During the Game 2 pregame show:

Freep

Him and another NBC talking head picked up (using gloves) octopi down on ice level during during the pregame show. Anyone get a screencap or youtube it? I haven't found anything.

The two of them also mixed up which was the raw octopus, and which had been boiled.

anyone GOING TO GAME ONE ROUND 2 with like a spare 10-12 bucks, head down to Superior Fish Market in Royal Oak MI and go buy an octopus. These guys are the people you go to to get the octopus. Good people and theyre the "official" supplier of Detroit Red Wings octopi. Thats when we should do it right after the national anthem. thatll fire up the WINGS and get the crowd going big time. im an every game day thrower of the octopi so its really bugging me. im gonna be going to pick up another batch of octopi over the next week, so if anyone knows theyre going to game one round 2 and theyre interested in throwing with me, PM me or email me and we can work something out if you want me to pick you up an octopus.

THANKS GO WINGS

anyone GOING TO GAME ONE ROUND 2 with like a spare 10-12 bucks, head down to Superior Fish Market in Royal Oak MI and go buy an octopus. These guys are the people you go to to get the octopus. Good people and theyre the "official" supplier of Detroit Red Wings octopi. Thats when we should do it right after the national anthem. thatll fire up the WINGS and get the crowd going big time. im an every game day thrower of the octopi so its really bugging me. im gonna be going to pick up another batch of octopi over the next week, so if anyone knows theyre going to game one round 2 and theyre interested in throwing with me, PM me or email me and we can work something out if you want me to pick you up an octopus.

THANKS GO WINGS

you have to boil it yourself, and dont throw a raw one.

Guest stinky fish taco

another thing is that fans have to be smart about when to throw them.

anthem - fine.

after a goal - fine.

after detroit ices the puck and can't change - not fine.

you can't give the league any more ammo than it already has.

another thing is that fans have to be smart about when to throw them.

anthem - fine.

after a goal - fine.

after detroit ices the puck and can't change - not fine.

you can't give the league any more ammo than it already has.

unless its game seven of the stanley cup final with one minute left and its tied or a one goal game of course...