• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#181 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

Being that Mule and the boys will likely pick up the tab for anyone that gets fined by this retarded new "Bettman Rule", no reason not to keep throwing 'em!!!

And if tradition along with that isn't enough reason already, now there is the extra incentive of getting to spite Bettman and his cronies!!! :yowza:

#182 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

Let us stop saying things like "this is lame," and FIGHT BACK.

If people can use the internet to overthrow governments, we have to be able to do something about the NHL being absurd.

I think it is high time we mobilize and fight back against the NHL. Any ideas?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#183 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

Although I admit that I have no idea what goes on in politics and governments; But, is there any way people can try to sway city council or w/e to get this ticket waved, or have the entire thing dissipate in general?
Posted Image

#184 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

National Hockey League
1185 Avenue of the Americas, 12th Fl.
New York, NY 10020
NY Tel. 212-789-2000
Fax 212-789-2020

I am going to try and find more numbers.

Frank Brown seems to be someone who weighs in, let us find this information already and start getting aggressive.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#185 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

Although I admit that I have no idea what goes on in politics and governments; But, is there any way people can try to sway city council or w/e to get this ticket waved, or have the entire thing dissipate in general?

You have to think that the cops are only doing this to appease the NHL, so you could probably argue (and have the cop back you up) that they didn't want to write the ticket, but were told to by the NHL, and under NHL rules, throwing objects on the ice is allowed in certain celebratory circumstances. And being this is Detroit and these are the playoffs, and it is celebatory playoff tradition here, it should be let go. I'm just brainstorming though, I am not a lawyer and don't know how these things actually go down. But I'm sure the judge probably wouldn't be to happy either that a city like Detroit, who has much larger issues to deal with, is having their court system burdened by non-sense like this.

#186 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

FWIW, in addition to the "Don't Tread on Me" Octopus t-shirt that's been available on the LGW Shop for a couple months, I'm actually working on a couple right now that I'll have the artwork posted up for tonight... Might be a day or two before I get the final art approved for production.

#187 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:54 PM

FWIW, in addition to the "Don't Tread on Me" Octopus t-shirt that's been available on the LGW Shop for a couple months, I'm actually working on a couple right now that I'll have the artwork posted up for tonight... Might be a day or two before I get the final art approved for production.

I'm not a fan of the "tight neck" t-shirt design that those appear (from the pictures) to be. Any chance for a wider cut neckline or v-neck shirt for the designs?

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 15 April 2011 - 05:54 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#188 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

:lol: We should have a pool and bet on it with the proceeds to go to help pay fines.

:thumbup: I'm all for it
IPB Image

#189 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

f*** the NHL and f*** the police for being their lapdogs.

#190 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

what a joke...they should start throwing Bettman woodoo dolls instead :ranting:

#191 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:12 PM

f*** the NHL and f*** the police for being their lapdogs.

ohhhhh so now we all know. you are one of those NWA listening paps blue ribbon drinking jerks.

AND JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW...THIS IS A JOKE. I LITTLE RIBBING. Not to be taken serious. Me and shoreline are LGW friends. so its all in good fun.

As far as this rule change man i really hope its not true. I would hate to not see some octopus being thrown on the ice. It's such an awesome tradition. I really hope its false or i hope the cops turn a blind eye to it.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#192 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:13 PM

I think they need to have a charity night for this. So and so will donate $10,000 to a charity for each octopus thrown on the ice :hehe:

#193 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

OK, it just hit me. If you'd like I'd be happy to throw an octopus at the league office doors and leave. I'd put red and white ribbon on the legs and simply splat it on the door. My wife just said she'd post any bail and videotape it.

If I don't see plentiful octopus tomorrow this plan is ON

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#194 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

LET THEM THROW OCTOPI

#195 Lollipop

Lollipop

Small price to pay for self esteem, Michael.

• Silver Booster
  • 463 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

OK, it just hit me. If you'd like I'd be happy to throw an octopus at the league office doors and leave. I'd put red and white ribbon on the legs and simply splat it on the door. My wife just said she'd post any bail and videotape it.

If I don't see plentiful octopus tomorrow this plan is ON

Please, good Lord, please. I think you should wait til they close one night and cover the doorstep so they can't even enter the building the next day without being reminded of the octopus. ;p

Sig made by the always fabulous Offsides.

#196 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

One of the funnier comments I read regarding this, via the puck daddy comment section;

If and when pens fans start throwing bandwagons on the ice i guarantee it would be not only allowed but encouraged

The phrase "Pens fans" can also be substituted with "Chicago fans".

#197 Lollipop

Lollipop

Small price to pay for self esteem, Michael.

• Silver Booster
  • 463 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

Matt, I promise to buy one of these new designs if you'll get some V-Neck or something. Crew neck shirts are for boys. :(

Sig made by the always fabulous Offsides.

#198 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,823 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#199 Nic

Nic

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

ok now that i have a few more details, i can state my opinion.

is throwing stuff on the ice grounds for ejection? yes and it always has been. octopi chuckers usually go quietly and willingly with no fuss and all parties involved have generally seemed to be cooperative and peaceful. everyone know what theyre getting themselves into.

that said, this is still complete and total bulls***. f*** commisioner golem

I totally agree with this. It seems, though, the cooperative parties were usually in other arenas.

I'm with everyone who is calling for octopi rain tomorrow.

#200 WpgMikos

WpgMikos

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

Wonder if this will be the same as what happened to the streaker I saw at Comerica when I was at the Tigers/Royals game on my bday (Sept 15) in 2009.

The guy communicated with me (and the Security guard who tackled him actually). Turned out he didn't get prosecuted by anyone. They dropped the charges. And what are the chances someone at the Joe actually recognizes him?