Didn't see this posted so I thought I would share

Posted Image

#262 jdog19

jdog19

Lets Go Red Wings!

• HoF Booster
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but on the NHL hour today, a caller asked Bettman about why the consequences in regards to the octopus.

Bettman says, and I quote, "with the octopus, there is a slime factor."
To paraphrase, the slime gets on players skates, clothing and could be a safety issue.

Ahhhhhh booooooo. Stupid octopus slime! :P

#263 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

Didn't see this posted so I thought I would share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzrVCbm_0ps
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#264 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but on the NHL hour today, a caller asked Bettman about why the consequences in regards to the octopus.

To paraphrase, the slime gets on players skates, clothing and could be a safety issue.

When the f*** was the last time a player got hurt skating over octopus slime, Gary? I've seen players spit and shoot snot bullets on the ice many, many, many times. Are you going to ban players from spitting and snot-shooting, Betty? Such bulls*** from him.

LET THE OCTO FLY, DAMMIT!
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#265 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:01 AM

THAT'S his beef with the octopus? SLIME?!?! I think I need an Advil. You know, I could kinda sorta maybe see their point if their problem was with players/refs getting hit by octopus, but this is just...comical. Please tell me I'm in some kind of alternate universe. On the other hand, if this is how governing bodies are generally run, international politics suddenly makes sense to me. Bettman should run for secretary-general of the UN; he'd fit right in. Back on track, though...UGGGGHHHH. Instead of a tinfoil hat, I'm going to get a clown hat. Come one, come all to see Red Wings fans star in Bettman's Flying NHL Circus - laughs aplenty.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#266 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:05 PM

What a retarded little cock sucking piece of s***.

We have thousands of incidents of octopi throw on the ice over the years, and how many players have been injuered by "slime"? Whats that? Zero you say?

And if that is really your concern, and not just sticking it to the Wings, why not ban players from spitting on the ice during the game? You know, the thousands of snotty loogies of "slime" that the players spit onto the ice EVERY minute of EVERY game? Hows about that slime, *******?

What a prick...

At first he claimed it was about any "objects being thrown on the ice" being a safety concern, so when people call him out on his BS and say "what about hat tricks, then?" he tries to switch it up and claim its about the "slime". So what about the loogie spitting issue, Gary? That puts literally hundreds of thousands of times more "slime" on the ice over the course of a season that a couple playoff octopi do...

I know of only one slime that negatively affects the NHL and its players, and that slime is called Gary Bettman.

#267 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzrVCbm_0ps

Thanks, I couldn't remember how to embed it

Posted Image

#268 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

Thanks, I couldn't remember how to embed it

Teamwork.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#269 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

It's been proven time and time again that the octopi that get thrown are not slimy. The opposing players just hate it and have complained claiming that. And Gary, like the narrow minded man he is, never bothered to investigate whether or not it was true.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#270 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,153 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

It's been proven time and time again that the octopi that get thrown are not slimy. The opposing players just hate it and have complained claiming that. And Gary, like the narrow minded man he is, never bothered to investigate whether or not it was true.

This would be a good thing for Shanahan to research in his hockey research division this summer.

#271 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:27 PM

Not true. Not everyone knows to boil them. It's the idiots that don't do it is what gives this tradition a bad name.

Plus, I'm just guessing that 29 other GMs and Owners have made mention they don't like it. When you run a business, you HAVE to listen to its shareholders...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#272 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

Got a kick out of this and did not see it here either....
if it is.. sorry !

#273 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

I am seriously considering mailing mr. Grinch a octopus. Does anyone know or know how I can find his office. I would want to make sure it got to him not his secretaries secretary. This is something I am seriously considering.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#274 tsudzy

tsudzy

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

If Bettman is so worried about slime on the ice, then he should stay the hell off of it.

Man, I'd hate to be a janitor for his office after he slithers out.

#275 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:41 AM

PETA euthanizes 75% of the animals they rescue.

It's actually closer to 98%.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#276 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:17 AM

It's actually closer to 98%.

Last year it was 94%, but the year before that it was 97% (that same year out of the 2,300 pets they received, only 8 were adopted :unsure:)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#277 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

Last year it was 94%, but the year before that it was 97% (that same year out of the 2,300 pets they received, only 8 were adopted :unsure:)

Supply n demand for Chinese and Thai food
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#278 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

Bettman is slimy.

#279 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

Not true. Not everyone knows to boil them. It's the idiots that don't do it is what gives this tradition a bad name.

Plus, I'm just guessing that 29 other GMs and Owners have made mention they don't like it. When you run a business, you HAVE to listen to its shareholders...

Why wouldn't they like it?

Posted Image

#280 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

Why wouldn't they like it?

Probably because it's fans throwing things on the ice and it delays the game slightly. Plus it fires up the arena and the fans energy has the ability to fire up the team.

I'm also guessing it has to do with Red Wings fans throwing it on the ice at other arenas.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank