• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

So often we complain about the wings getting screwed with the late start times on the west coast, but this saturday our early game could cause a problem for the yotes. I personally think it would be harder to get into your routine with an early game than it would be for a late game.

What do you think?
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#2 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

The Wings play with the intensity of the last 40 of Game 1 they win. They play like the first period, they lose. Simple as that.

#3 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

The Wings play with the intensity of the last 40 of Game 1 they win. They play like the first period, they lose. Simple as that.

This.

And for those who fret about afternoon start times, the Wings have won their last two starting at early times, 12:30et, 11:30 actually for them where they were at (Minnesota and Chicago). Also won their last afternoon game @ Nashville.

I understand the concern but it shouldn't be as much of a factor as it is made out to be. They know how to handle earlier than usual games.

#4 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:51 AM

They killed off 4 penalties and a 5 on 3 with horrible officiating to boot and still stayed down by 1. If they play like that, I still think they can dispose of this team. Just my opinion there.

Also, to add here that Bryz made like 3 real big saves that would normally have gone in. Their play for the 1st wasn't as bad as most make it out to be.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#5 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

FYI its a 1pm game, not a 10am game. It sucks for the fans on the west coast, and those of us that have to blow an entire saturday afternoon in front of the tv.

#6 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

FYI its a 1pm game, not a 10am game.

He's talking about the fans in Phoenix.

:lol: Fans in Phoenix. Nevermind, carry on.

#7 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

He's talking about the fans in Phoenix.

:lol: Fans in Phoenix. Nevermind, carry on.

"I personally think it would be harder to get into your routine with an early game than it would be for a late game."

last i knew, the fans didnt need to get into a routine to win a game.

regardless, the coyotoes have been in detroit since at least wednesday, and the game is saturday. thats plenty of time to adjust to the time difference.

#8 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

What I meant was how hard is this going to be for the players on the yotes. I think the wings will be just fine.

#9 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:57 AM

They killed off 4 penalties and a 5 on 3 with horrible officiating to boot and still stayed down by 1. If they play like that, I still think they can dispose of this team. Just my opinion there.

Also, to add here that Bryz made like 3 real big saves that would normally have gone in. Their play for the 1st wasn't as bad as most make it out to be.

Agreed. Hard to get in a rhythm when the Wings were sh most of the 1st period. Like you mentioned, after they killed off that 5-3 Wings started taking control
IPB Image

#10 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:12 AM

...and just like Babcock answered in the post game presser, when ask if he was concerned that the Coyotes controlled the game in the first, he calmly asked the questioning reporter, "Did they control the first period or were they just on the power play?" Then he mentioned something about after the first they had 11 shots and we had 10, so we did ok for ourselves....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#11 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:59 AM

The Wings play with the intensity of the last 40 of Game 1 they win. They come out flat and only show up after the first intermission as has been a recurring thing sometimes, they lose. Simple as that.

Fixed, and agreed with those who commented on the PK stuff, but we know thats how it will be so it sadly almost has to be part of our gameplan.

#12 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

This is an Early Bird Special because the Wings are old.

(Had to play the Old Card sometime during the playoffs.)

#13 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

Fixed, and agreed with those who commented on the PK stuff, but we know thats how it will be so it sadly almost has to be part of our gameplan.

Exactly. The Wings have to assume they will get an unfair amount of penalties at the worst possible times, so they need to plan for it.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#14 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

I'll be the drunk dude double fisting 24oz miller lite's in 204A tomorrow.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#15 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

Have a thing to go to tomorrow but will be also watching from the thing... Can't admit to what it is yet :lol:

Got my game 5 ticket though, but here is to that game not happening. Sweeeeeep!

#16 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

Have a thing to go to tomorrow but will be also watching from the thing... Can't admit to what it is yet :lol:

Got my game 5 ticket though, but here is to that game not happening. Sweeeeeep!

Posted Image WHAT IS ITTTTTTT !!! Posted Image

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#17 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

ill be in 224 again. standing on my chair and pointing to my rafalski jersey like a dick when he scores, followed my me falling on the 50yr old guy behind me.

the old guy was a good sport about it though.

#18 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

Posted Image WHAT IS ITTTTTTT !!! Posted Image

It's a bridal shower/tupperware party. He loves the toys and things to store them in.

#19 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:56 PM

It's a bridal shower/tupperware party. He loves the toys and things to store them in.

That was told in confidence!!!!! Posted Image

#20 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

I hate to rain on the parade here, but Phoenix has had two days to get acclimated to the time change, the start time isn't going to be a disadvantage to them.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.