• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

drumlife19

Datsyuk wins Kharlamov Trophy

Rate this topic

[notsureifserious.jpg]

No, that's absolutely real.

They've had that in the NHL for a while, awarded to a guy who has the highest goals to assists ratio. Meaning, a puck hog. :D

Have no idea why they called it the Cy Young award, though.

Edited by GMRwings1983

No, that's absolutely real.

They've had that in the NHL for a while, awarded to a guy who has the highest goals to assists ratio. Meaning, a puck hog. :D

Have no idea why they called it the Cy Young award, though.

That "award" is more like a neat fact, not really an award. The Kharlamov is actually voted on by players.

That "award" is more like a neat fact, not really an award. The Kharlamov is actually voted on by players.

An award voted on by peers is better than any award voted on by the retarded media. I guarantee you that award means more to him than any Selke.

unfair. you're language has dots and stuff in it!

:lol:

:lol: I agree the long words and dots can look strange. It's actually quite an easy language to pronounce as there's usually only one way to say each letter making it much more phonetic language than English.

Back on topic: with Ovechkin and Kovalchuk having off years I think it's quite clear who's the best Russian this season. When all those three are at their best it's quite even (and makes a killer top line for Russian national team).

Edited by P. Marlowe

I never ever heard of this...but anything that proves that Pasha is head and shoulders above any other player is cool by me.

"With all due respect," NBC's Mike (Doc) Emrick said at the end of the first, "Detroit 3, the Washington Generals, nothing."

"Pav went through about three guys," Emrick said. "I think I later described it as him going up the interstate to Albany, beating a couple of the Albany Devils and coming back to finish it off. And I said, 'This is like the Globies and the Generals – the Washington Generals.

"Anyway, this is probably the last time that I'll use it, because now it's been done twice. I shouldn't go back to it again."

"It's very humbling when you go 1-on-1against Pavel Datsyuk," said Wings center Kris Draper(notes), who has won the Selke Trophy as the NHL's best defensive forward. "You might as well bring your own puck. You're not getting his."

"To me, Pavel Datsyuk's the most complete player in the National Hockey League," Nashville Predators coach Barry Trotz said earlier this season. "I marvel at his ability. He has so much joy in his game."

Joy?

"He's a hockey player," Trotz said. "That's his passion. You can tell. That's why he's great. There's a lot of very skilled people in our business that have a tremendous amount of ability. They have almost as much ability as Pav does, but they don't have the heart. They don't have the joy – that passion and that determination that separates him from a lot of guys."

"Mike must wake up every morning going, 'I've got Pavel Datsyuk. That's pretty cool, and I don't have to worry. He can play against anybody in the world up front,' " Trotz said. "And most nights, he dominates anybody in the world."

"If you're going to look strictly on statistics and look on paper, you're going to say Crosby probably, Ovechkin," St. Louis Blues forward David Backes(notes) said in December, when Crosby was reaching new heights and dominating the league. "But you play against Datsyuk, and you see how tenacious he is on a backcheck and stripping pucks and doing the little things, killing penalties, winning faceoffs. He ends up such a complete package that's really tough to find along with his offensive prowess and passing and puck skills. I think that's why he gets a lot of attention from the players."

http://sports.yahoo....s_coyotes041611

Edited by Mabuhay Red Wings

Stupid girls.

"We know he ain't American."

I think the context was more of a recognition that he wasn't American due to his accent than a disparaging statement, which is how you are making it to be.

I could be wrong. And Valtteri Filppula could finally break out in one of his many breakout years.