• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 2 GDT: Coyotes 3 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Kronwall was just trying to show Phoenix they weren't going to be rattled by plays like that.

Bertuzzi did try to fight Doan, but honestly I'm betting he's saving it up for games in Phoenix in case Detroit needs a jump.

I can accept no ejection from the game but that hit should have at least been a penalty, four minutes for blood.

Actually, I was hoping for Doan to be Kronwalled. Not calling Kronwall a ***** lol.

Just finished watching the game. Amazing first half, I don't think I have ever seen a player completely dominate at both ends of the ice like Pav did today. Holy crap that was impressive.

Wish we were able to maintain discipline at the end but at least we held them off. There were a mix of good calls and bad, like usual. I think the worst call was Helm's penalty, did they even give and explanation for that one? 2 minutes for hitting? Strange call.

So happy with the 2-0 series lead! Go Wings!!

Ps. I hate to say it, but Franzen sounds like such a wimp in interviews after incidents like today's. If I remember correctly, he had a similar reaction with the whole Orpik situation in the preseason. Just move on and make them pay on the scoreboard, let the league handle any aftermath. In my opinion, the refs made the right call.

Why is Abby playing on the 2nd line instead of Helm?

Helm had a great finish to the season and is now being bogged down by playing with Draper and Eaves on the 4th line. I don't think Abby is a better 2nd line center than Helm.

Neither are better than...

Edited by Z and D for the C

A few observations:

1......Why are people upset with Doan's play and comments?.........if he was a Wing and did that in a game alot of people in here would be creaming their jeans.

2......All the conspiracy theories about the refs being "anti-Wing" are bulls***. The notion that the league wants new blood in the cup is insane.......besides, the Wings aren't exactly like the Lakers going for a three peat. They haven't been overexposed. (Not to mention that they are the most popular team in the States.........so wouldn't their success be good financially for the NHL?)

3......It's time to get off Howard's ass.........from my observations the goals he's allowing, for the most part, are more due to defensive f***-ups than his playing poorly.

4.....Datsyuk might have the most skilled hands any of us have ever seen.

and finally

........Grey Goose makes a great martini.

Wings in 6

I agree with all your comments but the Grey Goose since I am not a martini man, I'll take your word for it.

As far as the conspiracy theory, I don't buy it either. BUT, by the league calling more penalties, they essentially make the game more unpredictable for both teams. This is good for the weaker teams like Phoenix because on paper, they have no chance. Throw in more penalty calls and it can only help them. This is not a conspiracy against the Wings or any other team but the affect is more unpredictable outcomes and that is what the league wants - more exciting, unpredictable games. Unfortunately, it is corrupting the nature of the games. That's my 2 cents worth.

Phoenix will not go down without a fight. Normally I would say just take one game at the opposing arena, but since half of Jobbing.com arena will be cheering for the Wings, it would be best if the Wings can just win the next two games. The Wings need as much rest as possible between series, and I just don't see Phoenix hanging with the Wings 5 on 5.

Phoenix will not go down without a fight. Normally I would say just take one game at the opposing arena, but since half of Jobbing.com arena will be cheering for the Wings, it would be best if the Wings can just win the next two games. The Wings need as much rest as possible between series, and I just don't see Phoenix hanging with the Wings 5 on 5.

Phoenix has to win 4 of the next 5 to advance. That just is not going to happen. It's not impossible. Pittsburgh did it against us in '09 but Phoenix is not in the same league as Pittsburgh was.

We need to end this as quickly as possible and rest up for San Jose (if San Jose doesn't choke again and they are already showing signs of that) or Nashville/Aneheim.

Phoenix has to win 4 of the next 5 to advance. That just is not going to happen. It's not impossible. Pittsburgh did it against us in '09 but Phoenix is not in the same league as Pittsburgh was.

We need to end this as quickly as possible and rest up for San Jose (if San Jose doesn't choke again and they are already showing signs of that) or Nashville/Aneheim.

I agree we SHOULD win this, and the sooner the better, but I still think its too early to start looking to next round. Phoenix came dangerously close to tying it yesterday in a game that felt like the Wings absolutely dominated. I'll be surprised (but thrilled) if they don't get at least one game.

Ref controversy aside, the Wings NEED to stop taking so many penalties. A lot of those were questionable yesterday, but a lot of them weren't, and the refs have already made it clear they will make a call if given the chance. 5 on 5 is how we'll win this series I think.

Remember LA in 01? Never say never.

Edited by Trapt1307

I think we should be prepared for a lot of bad ref calls tomorrow. The way the refs seem to be calling games is to make them as exciting as possible. The NHL doesn't want sweeps in series. So, just like the Rangers got today, I'd expect a 5 on 3 tomorrow against us and I'd expect 6-7 penalties called on us in the game.

This is how the refs call things now. When one team is up big, the calls all start going the other way. Just my opinion.