• Please log in to reply
982 replies to this topic

#821 Copenhagen848

Copenhagen848

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

Well the refs tried their hardest to get this game to OT. f*** you refs!

#822 Bar Down

Bar Down

Rookie

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Kevin Weekes is as mediocre doing color as he was as a goaltender. I almost switched over to NBC to listen to Edzo. That's saying a lot.

#823 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

2-0!!

5:30am, bed time.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#824 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Why were NBC announcers all quiet after the game ended? Sounded like it was a Coyotes feed. Or an anti-Red Wings feed.

Literally the FIRST THING that came out of Edzo's mouth was about the moral victory of Phoenix's almost-comeback.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#825 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

i am ashamed of the referees. clear multiple hooks on eaves and abby on their chances. no calls. dumb interference call against fil, and others were called against us. this is bulls***. i can barely watch when they start throwing 2 min 5 on 3s against us. this is the second time in 2 games they pulled this s***. doan is a dangerous player out there too.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#826 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

And despite the crookedt ass refs trying to throw the game to phoenix in the past period, we still win!

f*** you Bettman! I hope a mack truck hits your ass on the freeway, homeboy!

#827 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Ridiculous. I hope something tragic happens to Gary Bettman.

So classless.

But I agree. ;)
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#828 S_Whitney

S_Whitney

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:57 PM

I would say the refs decided the game today. stop making these dumb calls and just let the players play geeez

#829 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

I predict a 4-3 Detroit win. This one will be much closer I think.

Well, I got the prediction right on this game, but I definitely didn't think it would go the way it did.

f*** Bettman's NHL. How dumb.

Doesn't matter how good a team you are or how different the levels of the team skill is, the refs will ensure it's equal.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#830 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Final score in OP

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#831 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Well the refs tried their hardest to get this game to OT. f*** you refs!

its like the nhl wants to try to make things more exciting for fans. NO, the better team should win, period. stop calling s***ty penalties that are blatantly one sided.

#832 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

I really thought that this was the playoffs? I thought the refs let a lot of s*** go in the playoffs and just let them play. Not call every infraction damn

#833 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

i am ashamed of the referees. clear multiple hooks on eaves and abby on their chances. no calls. dumb interference call against fil, and others were called against us. this is bulls***. i can barely watch when they start throwing 2 min 5 on 3s against us. this is the second time in 2 games they pulled this s***. doan is a dangerous player out there too.

Yeah and that's 5 of the last 6 playoff games going back to last year that we have had a 5 on 3 called against us.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#834 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

Wings started off good but started to sit back at the start of the 3rd. Don't let up Wings, keep pressing until the game is over.

#835 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

seems like bettman's nhl does not exist with 5 on 5 hockey. from his referee handbook: "there MUST be a pp for the losing team at all times until they tie it up."

#836 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Great finish by the boys.

That game was certainly closer than I would have liked it to have been. I can't believe that boarding call, which was total horse s***. The rest of the calls were much like earlier ones, and of course, the even-up type.f****** dickhead refs. Wings nearly beat themselves as well by sitting back. As mentioned earlier, the Coyotes had ZERO even strength prowess.. if not for the power plays they wouldn't have scored s***.

#837 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Someone please throw an octopus at Bettman.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#838 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

So how many consecutive playoff games have the Wings had to suffer a two man disadvantage? I can't remember which games of the Sharks series the Wings didn't have to face one, so we could be getting up to six or seven here.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#839 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Awesome win!!!!!...........and all the gloom and doomers are wrong again. Let me guess.........the same guys will predict a coyotes win in game 3..........and if the wings win that one.........will predict a coyotes win in game 4............just so they can say "I told you so" when the Yotes do win a game. Talk about embarassing.

Goaltending and defence are just the same as the regular season. I don't think I saw a shot hit Howard and stick. It was either a giant rebound or a goal. And bitching about the refs is just deflecting from the fact we can't penalty kill worth a damn,

Having said that, there were some shifts that game where Datsyuk looked like he was playing against schoolkids :ph34r:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#840 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

So classless.

But I agree. ;)

Hey. You teach well. :hehe: