• Please log in to reply
982 replies to this topic

#861 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

The thing that bothers me though is that the reffing will only get worse in phoenix. just saying. if im this mad now i should probably take a step back for the next two games.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#862 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

Great to know the Refs can still throw a game if they want to.
40 for life.

#863 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

It would be nice if when we got down in games that we could count on the referees to even things up for us.......

I think in one or two of those SJ games we faced 2 5 on 3's as well. So, probably more like 7 5 on3's in the last 5 of 6 playoff games. Just been absurd.

If you believe the refs will attempt to even up most any game, then along that line of thinking it would seem to make sense the league wants other teams besides Detroit to get exposure and go far in the playoffs. For what, I don't know. Because, the NHL fanbase is not growing despite what the NHL tries to tell people.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#864 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

That was nice of the referees to increase the degree of difficulty for us. It's nice to know we can win a game 5-on-7 when we have to.

I mean, I'm not normally a ref-hater but damn. I thought maybe when Doan got off scot-free it meant they'd taken boarding out of the rule book and not told anyone, but Helm seems to have discovered the new penalty to replace it: two minutes for nudging.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#865 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

I think the way this ended actually helps the Wings and hurts the Yotes.

The wind was taken out of their sails from what they were hoping would be an epic comeback if they would have just rolled over then the Wings may have come into the next game sluggish but now they know they have to keep the foot on the gas.

I completely agree. We have an ever better idea of what we have to do, while they get to go home knowing that even when they do their best, they still lose. I like it. I mean, I did kinda like the part where we were up 4-0 too, but the psychological angle we've got here does give me a boost.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#866 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

The interference on helm to make it a 5 on 3 was ridiculous

Yeah, that was called "Lets make it interesting for the national audience". Wings were a much better team today. The only reason it was close was because of the non-stop penalties in the second half of the game. Even with those powerplays, the Coyotes were still lousy. They were two seconds away from blowing another long 5-3.

#867 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

I think in one or two of those SJ games we faced 2 5 on 3's as well. So, probably more like 7 5 on3's in the last 5 of 6 playoff games. Just been absurd.

If you believe the refs will attempt to even up most any game, then along that line of thinking it would seem to make sense the league wants other teams besides Detroit to get exposure and go far in the playoffs. For what, I don't know. Because, the NHL fanbase is not growing despite what the NHL tries to tell people.

AGREED. you rarely see detroit get handed a game by the refs. this is an attempt to get some more interest in the game. uneducated people who have no idea what they are watching could get real excited when a team makes a comeback.

#868 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

It's funny reading the coyotes boards claiming they legitly fought their way back into this game, but fail to mention the refs kept giftwrapping goals for them. Just ridiculous.

If I was not in love with the Wings I would quit watching the NHL. It's just ridiculous.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

#869 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

The interference on helm to make it a 5 on 3 was ridiculous

Thats putting it diplomatically.

Since I don't give a f*** what people say, I'll put it in terms we all are thinking...

That was pure bulls***, and a clear sign of the type of BS and corruption going on in the league now. If a team goes down these days, you can count on the corrupt refs (via orders of Bettman and NHL govs) to throw the game in their favor.

And in this match? Pffft... Its AZ, one of the leagues babies that they have been funding (with the revenues of the actual real NHL teams, BTW) to try to keep afloat for years now, so you know the refs throught this whole series will be doing everything they can (via orders from Bettman and Co.) to throw the games in phoenix's favor to try to expent the series as long as they can, and make Bettman and Co. as much $$$$$ as possible. You think the calls in this game were BS, just wait until we get to AZ.......

#870 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

Datsyuk played almost 22 minutes, just 30 seconds behind the team leader Rafalski. What an incredible game he played.

#871 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Show the Helm hit because they never showed a replay that I saw. I'd love to know what was so bad about it. Helm is like 50lbs lighter than Jovanovski.

#872 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

It's only been 2 games but Pav leads the league in playoff points. Woo. :thumbup:

Too bad it was all overshadowed by Shane Doan simply dressing today. These National Broadcast f***fests have to stop. It's bad enough that the officiating is terrible, but to have these yahoos clearly rooting for the other teams is a bunch of biased bulls***.

#873 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

Show the Helm hit because they never showed a replay that I saw. I'd love to know what was so bad about it. Helm is like 50lbs lighter than Jovanovski.

Tippett was complaining about it during his presser. The angle that they had live from behind the glass wasn't good but it sure as hell looked like a regular old run of mill hockey hit to me.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#874 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

Thats putting it diplomatically.

Since I don't give a f*** what people say, I'll put it in terms we all are thinking...

That was pure bulls***, and a clear sign of the type of BS and corruption going on in the league now. If a team goes down these days, you can count on the corrupt refs (via orders of Bettman and NHL govs) to throw the game in their favor.

And in this match? Pffft... Its AZ, one of the leagues babies that they have been funding (with the revenues of the actual real NHL teams, BTW) to try to keep afloat for years now, so you know the refs throught this whole series will be doing everything they can (via orders from Bettman and Co.) to throw the games in phoenix's favor to try to expent the series as long as they can, and make Bettman and Co. as much $$$$$ as possible. You think the calls in this game were BS, just wait until we get to AZ.......

I thought the interference call on Helm was the correct call.

#875 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

Dumb penalty by bert and franzen. Not all are bad calls

Cleary's elbow was pretty f***in stupid also but The Refs sure stunk up the game.

And someone should shove a board up the ref's ass that called the boarding penalty on Helm. The officiating in the league gets worse every year.....

Edited by nuts2u, 16 April 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#876 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:18 PM

We have the best coach possible right now. I love Babs. LOL

#877 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

I know we have somebody on here that ups video clips of hits to his channel. I hope he ups a bunch of the Wings hits today.

#878 drw138

drw138

Prospect

• 37 posts

doan is a COWARD for that facewash on franzen, someone needs to make him pay!

those penalties were bush league, and if there called it sould be called on both teams

red wings got 9 penalties today? i've watched alot of red wing games and that just doesn't happen.
these refs need to swallow those whistles and let them play.

not really a fan of complaining but Babcock has got to mention something in the post gamer

Datsyuk is the man!!!

Gotta kill them in phoenix, and ship the jets back up here!
we're back

#879 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

I think if the nhl wants to be legit, they need to discipline their refs like in soccer. if ur a s***ty ref u dont get to call big games and u get called out for it. i can't see how these guys keep their jobs other than bettman loves it. i want to think bettman doesn't instruct the officials to do anything other than ref, but its hard to imagine that when they still have their jobs after countless bad calls. i can understand accidental bad calls, but if its in a refs history, then they need to go.

There should be a history repeats itself video of 5on3's against detroit in the playoffs.

#880 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

We have the best coach possible right now. I love Babs. LOL

What he do?