• Please log in to reply
982 replies to this topic

#941 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

Hate to disagree with The Franz but I can't say I agree.

#942 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

Shane Doan sucks.
Posted Image

#943 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hate to disagree with The Franz but I can't say I agree.

everytime they talk to him about a hit he took, he seems to think the guy should be banned from the NHL.

#944 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

Wish someone would clean that f***** Doan's clock.... That ***** should be Kronwalled. He deserves to be knocked into next year for saying that "it couldn't hurt" to take out a player like Franzen.

Edited by bd2988, 17 April 2011 - 01:20 AM.

#945 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

Wish someone would clean that f***** Doan's clock.... Kronwall that *****. He deserves to be knocked into next year for saying that "it couldn't hurt" to take out a player like Franzen.

Kronwall was just trying to show Phoenix they weren't going to be rattled by plays like that.

Bertuzzi did try to fight Doan, but honestly I'm betting he's saving it up for games in Phoenix in case Detroit needs a jump.

I can accept no ejection from the game but that hit should have at least been a penalty, four minutes for blood.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#946 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:43 PM

Defensemen TOI

Game 1
Stuart - 23:25
Kronwall - 21:21
Rafalski - 20:16
Ericsson - 19:18
Lidstrom - 19:16
Salei - 16:29

Game 2
Rafalski - 22:17
Kronwall - 21:52
Stuart - 21:24
Ericsson - 21:23
Lidstrom - 19:16
Salei - 13:48

Is it odd to anyone else that #5 ranks, well, #5 among defensemen TOI in both Game 1 and 2?

I like it. Rest Lidstrom until we really, really need him. Keeping his TOI low while the team is playing so good is great in the early rounds, keeps him rested.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#947 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:31 PM

A few observations:
1......Why are people upset with Doan's play and comments?.........if he was a Wing and did that in a game alot of people in here would be creaming their jeans.
2......All the conspiracy theories about the refs being "anti-Wing" are bulls***. The notion that the league wants new blood in the cup is insane.......besides, the Wings aren't exactly like the Lakers going for a three peat. They haven't been overexposed. (Not to mention that they are the most popular team in the States.........so wouldn't their success be good financially for the NHL?)
3......It's time to get off Howard's ass.........from my observations the goals he's allowing, for the most part, are more due to defensive f***-ups than his playing poorly.
4.....Datsyuk might have the most skilled hands any of us have ever seen.
and finally

........Grey Goose makes a great martini.

Wings in 6

#948 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

This has probably already been mentioned, but how fitting would it be if Detroit eliminated Phoenix in its final game ever? It all comes full circle (remember that Winnipeg's final game was being eliminated by Detroit).

Edited by aflac9262, 17 April 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#949 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:58 AM

#950 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:02 AM

Can there be like a Jay-Z Trophy for Biggest Pimping in the League so they can just give it to Datsyuk every year? Dude's like a living, breathing bitchslap to the rest of the NHL.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#951 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

Kronwall was just trying to show Phoenix they weren't going to be rattled by plays like that.

Bertuzzi did try to fight Doan, but honestly I'm betting he's saving it up for games in Phoenix in case Detroit needs a jump.

I can accept no ejection from the game but that hit should have at least been a penalty, four minutes for blood.

Actually, I was hoping for Doan to be Kronwalled. Not calling Kronwall a ***** lol.

#952 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:01 AM

Just finished watching the game. Amazing first half, I don't think I have ever seen a player completely dominate at both ends of the ice like Pav did today. Holy crap that was impressive.

Wish we were able to maintain discipline at the end but at least we held them off. There were a mix of good calls and bad, like usual. I think the worst call was Helm's penalty, did they even give and explanation for that one? 2 minutes for hitting? Strange call.

So happy with the 2-0 series lead! Go Wings!!

Ps. I hate to say it, but Franzen sounds like such a wimp in interviews after incidents like today's. If I remember correctly, he had a similar reaction with the whole Orpik situation in the preseason. Just move on and make them pay on the scoreboard, let the league handle any aftermath. In my opinion, the refs made the right call.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#953 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:08 AM

Oh, Jovo is a *****:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#954 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

This comment left at TSN was too great not to share. Not sure if 'DetroitRiver' is one of our own:

DetroitRiver

BREAKING NEWS! The Phoenix Coyotes have just anounced they have a new owner: Pavel Datsyuk.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#955 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:18 AM

BREAKING NEWS! The Phoenix Coyotes have just anounced they have a new owner: Pavel Datsyuk.

:lol:

#956 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

Why is Abby playing on the 2nd line instead of Helm?

Helm had a great finish to the season and is now being bogged down by playing with Draper and Eaves on the 4th line. I don't think Abby is a better 2nd line center than Helm.

Neither are better than...

Edited by Z and D for the C, 17 April 2011 - 08:51 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#957 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

Pavel Datsyuk: 1G 3A +2 4SOG 21:42 TOI 80% FOW

Dare I say, En Fuego
mccarty3

#958 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:55 AM

A few observations:
1......Why are people upset with Doan's play and comments?.........if he was a Wing and did that in a game alot of people in here would be creaming their jeans.
2......All the conspiracy theories about the refs being "anti-Wing" are bulls***. The notion that the league wants new blood in the cup is insane.......besides, the Wings aren't exactly like the Lakers going for a three peat. They haven't been overexposed. (Not to mention that they are the most popular team in the States.........so wouldn't their success be good financially for the NHL?)
3......It's time to get off Howard's ass.........from my observations the goals he's allowing, for the most part, are more due to defensive f***-ups than his playing poorly.
4.....Datsyuk might have the most skilled hands any of us have ever seen.
and finally

........Grey Goose makes a great martini.

Wings in 6

I agree with all your comments but the Grey Goose since I am not a martini man, I'll take your word for it.

As far as the conspiracy theory, I don't buy it either. BUT, by the league calling more penalties, they essentially make the game more unpredictable for both teams. This is good for the weaker teams like Phoenix because on paper, they have no chance. Throw in more penalty calls and it can only help them. This is not a conspiracy against the Wings or any other team but the affect is more unpredictable outcomes and that is what the league wants - more exciting, unpredictable games. Unfortunately, it is corrupting the nature of the games. That's my 2 cents worth.
Do or do not. There is no try

#959 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

Better than having to face the realization that Nick may not be that good anymore.

Sarcasm right? Nick is, according to every sports columnist on the net, in the running for another Norris Trophy. Not that good?
Do or do not. There is no try

#960 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

Phoenix will not go down without a fight. Normally I would say just take one game at the opposing arena, but since half of Jobbing.com arena will be cheering for the Wings, it would be best if the Wings can just win the next two games. The Wings need as much rest as possible between series, and I just don't see Phoenix hanging with the Wings 5 on 5.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!