• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

A call to fans

Rate this topic

I'm all for helping... I don't have the time to be calling into the NHL offices but I think I could definitely call into NHL Live and stuff and get the word out there more... I think fans of all teams would find this to be a disgrace. This is a 59 year old tradition and some guy that has been in the league all of what 5 years is deciding that he can try to ruin that tradition for what cause.

I was also thinking some one mentioned about everybody in the entire arena throwing octopus on the ice at once, yes thats a little over board but the same concept could be used. I think if you got a handful of people try to get the upwards of 30-40 people all to throw Octopus at the same time at the same game. That would be quite a site and as dumb as it sounds might make a little bit of a statement saying that we are going to go against whatever he tries to pull. I think even attaching a note to one of the legs basically telling Bettman to F Off would be a nice touch. I obviously think this needs to be done at the end of the game or a late goal or some time where 30-40 octopi wont be too long of a delay to the game. I love the tradition as long as it's done in the confines of the rules. Really no matter when it happened I don't think it could cause any more of a delay the the Rats during the Panthers games in what 94,95 or 96?

This is getting a little absurd, the reasoning behind his complaints are starting to get old and quite frankly are garbage.

crash

I LOVE this idea, really anyone GOING TO GAME ONE ROUND 2 with like a spare 10-12 bucks, head down to Superior Fish Market in Royal Oak MI and go buy an octopus. These guys are the people you go to to get the octopus. Good people and theyre the "official" supplier of Detroit Red Wings octopi. Thats when we should do it right after the national anthem. thatll fire up the WINGS and get the crowd going big time. im an every game day thrower of the octopi so its really bugging me. im gonna be going to pick up another batch of octopi over the next week, so if anyone knows theyre going to game one round 2 and theyre interested in throwing with me, PM me or email me and we can work something out if you want me to pick you up an octopus.

THANKS GO WINGS

Last Friday I was listening to the local Metro Detroit Sports station, 97.1 The Ticket. The subject that dominated the airwaves was the issue of throwing Octopi on the ice. I had an idea. I was going to call 97.1 during Valenti and Foster (Highest rated show) and challenge the radio station to set up a fund. A fund to mail Gary Bettman as much Octopi as we as a fan base could afford. Mail him 20 tons of Calamari attached with a simple note saying, "Go Wings!"

Unfortunately, I was en route to work and didn't have the time to call. I got the idea from a few years back when those fans of that CBS show "Jericho" mailed tons of peanuts to CBS to force them to make a second season. It worked.

Maybe even LGW could organize an Octopi Blockade of NHL HQ.

I really think that even getting 10-15 octopi on the ice at once would be the best... Especially on a versus or NBC game... I would choose NBC cause they have better pre game coverage in my opinion. I think a national audience seeing 15 octopi hit the ice would make a statement... If you plan it right and everyone is throwing at the same time during the anthem. It will be harder to track down the throwers with everyone standing and with 15 flying it would be hard to pin point any way... I also think it would be best cause you will be less likely to hit any players since they will be at a stand still and it will really get the boys going. If I saw my fan base make that kind of stand, I'd want to make a stand for them...

If they have to see the thrower, perhaps the best way to do it would be to have a dozen or so people milling around the thrower as it is done. Then they couldn't prove who threw it.

1) I think the greatest victory of all in this would be during the presentation of the Stanley Cup- Bettman is handing it over to Lidstrom and a Pi lands right in the cup or on Bettman.

2) Small octopi- baby ones shot from a tennis ball sling shot from the upper deck areas. Hold it down near your feet and let them fly. Who could see where they came from?

3) remote control activated Pi launcers? Fill the confetti bags full of seplipods and boom away it rains.

4) Can somebody please make a History will be made video showing a man throwing a pi and being arrested with Bettman smirking? Maybe play it backwards and erase history?

1) I think the greatest victory of all in this would be during the presentation of the Stanley Cup- Bettman is handing it over to Lidstrom and a Pi lands right in the cup or on Bettman.

Have a bunch rain down on the bastard. One smacks him right in the face. He tries to dodge the rest but then he slips on one and lands face first on top of another. if that's not the ultimate motivation to win the cup I don't know what is.

good on you MajSheppard. i support this thread 100%. someone should email dave hodge at TSN and tell him to do a segment on traditions in the NHL being cast aside by Gary Bettman and his lackeys. maybe i'll do that...he already read one of my emails on tv about why Vancouver won't win the cup, so i'll try my luck with sparking his interest.

good on you MajSheppard. i support this thread 100%. someone should email dave hodge at TSN and tell him to do a segment on traditions in the NHL being cast aside by Gary Bettman and his lackeys. maybe i'll do that...he already read one of my emails on tv about why Vancouver won't win the cup, so i'll try my luck with sparking his interest.

The problem is that I don't know any other traditions being destroyed. Besides fighting!

Keep calling the NHL.