42 replies to this topic

#1 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

As I mentioned in the other thread discussing Octogate 2011: I'm working on some new designs for the LGW Shop that are more octopus-focused. I've had one design, the "Don't Tread on Me" Octopus t-shirt around for a few months now, but with recent events I've put together a few designs tonight that I'd like feedback on:

Posted Image

Of note: Al Sobotka's photos are VERY hard to get the Che Guevara, but it is what it is :lol:. the "vidare till seger" is the Swedish translation of "hasta la victoria siempre" ("onward to victory" -- all via Google Translate).

If some of our Swedish members has a more effective translation I'm all about fixing it.

As it stands these are all up for review and should (hopefully) be available to purchase within the next day or two (kind of iffy being the weekend and all). If any of you have any ideas or suggestions -- or requsts for what item of clothing you'd like to purchase it on if it was available -- I'm all ears!

#2 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

Very creative, Matt! They're all great, but I like the "viva la octolution" design best.

#3 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

Lovely!!

How bout a "Make It Rain" shirt, with an white octopus! (red shirt obviously!) :thumbup:
Posted Image

#4 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

#5 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

As I posted in the other thread...
The product pictures appear as though the shirts have a very tight cut neck, and I like breathing room.

Does anyone already have one of these (type of) shirts who could speak about this with first hand knowledge?

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#6 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

If we only had a frequent Swedish member that always posted stuff...

The Viva la Octolution one is hilarious!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#7 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

I read "vidare till seger" quickly and thought for a moment Al was Bob Seger with the beard and all. :hehe:

Edited by kook_10, 15 April 2011 - 09:33 PM.

works every time

#8 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 860 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

Matt, if you made up the "viva la octolution" shirts, I'd buy 20 :thumbup:

#9 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

The product pictures appear as though the shirts have a very tight cut neck, and I like breathing room.

Does anyone already have one of these (type of) shirts who could speak about this with first hand knowledge?

The graphics can come on a wide, wide variety of clothing items -- but they're usually sold as regular mens (or women's) heavyweight t-shirts in a standard crew neck. I bought one of the "Feed the Mule" shirts for myself when I first designed them three years ago and it fits just fine -- just like any regular t-shirt -- and the print still looks like the first day I got it.

(There really is a ridiculous amount of different clothing items these things can be placed on -- so just ask and I'll see if its available. Unfortunately not all colors are available on all clothing items, so that limits it a bit.)

LGW.com Shop

#10 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

I am quite a big dude, and as such I am sensitive to sizing. My feed the mule shirt runs kinda small and the neck is a little tight, but just like any shirt you can stretch it out. As a point of reference, they are a good bit smaller than the Reebok player shirts, but they have pretty similar good construction.

Edited by kook_10, 15 April 2011 - 10:12 PM.

works every time

#11 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

I want Viva la Octolution NOW!!!!
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#12 andyinsdca

andyinsdca

Trapped in Lo-Cal

• HoF Booster
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

Kickass! I'd buy one!

#13 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,711 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

I love the clenched fist + octopus design. It gives off a kind of blue-collar toolman's hands vibe, which I think is appropriate for Detroit.

Edited by Echolalia, 15 April 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#14 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

I am quite a big dude, and as such I am sensitive to sizing. My feed the mule shirt runs kinda small and the neck is a little tight, but just like any shirt you can stretch it out. As a point of reference, they are a good bit smaller than the Reebok player shirts, but they have pretty similar good construction.

As a note: I can offer 'big & tall'-type sizes, too, like 3XL and 4XL as well, though I usually don't add them without a request.

ANYONE can make requests -- sometimes there's just a look out there that you're looking for that isn't up on there. As the store goes I tend to not clutter up each category with every single clothing offering, but I will definitely add requests.

#15 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

take a stand
facebook group

Edited by wings1110, 15 April 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#16 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:50 PM

Needs an anti-bettman reference. :cool:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#17 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:03 AM

Is it just me or does the fist one look like the 'pi is getting squished? It looks like Photoshop fodder for any other team.
I'm loving the Octolution!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#18 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:02 AM

Omg I love the Gonzo-esque fist ones with no text. Even though I am a poor student... I might just pony up for one, that is too cool.
Posted Image

#19 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

How about these:

http://downwithdetro...ttman-I11205966

Posted Image :lol:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#20 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:02 AM

One point by a pedantic polyglot...

Instead of Viva la Octolution, to properly follow the Spanish I would propose "Viva la octolución".

They look great!
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."