• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Thoughts on the lines once Hank gets back?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

I hate breaking up Pav and Flip after today's game, but I'm guessing that Hank won't be skating well enough to center his own line...and that poses a problem:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Filppula-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Miller

Modano

I agree with you, but at the same time I REALLY like our Abs- Cleary-Bert line so that needs to stay. IMO we go with:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer

Franzen-Filps- Hudler

Bert-Abdelkator- Cleary

Eaves- Helm- Draper/Miller/Modano

- As you said, Hank will not be well enough to play without Pavs. Also, Pavs is playing in a league of his own right now, so he can pick up slack for Z and effectively get more outa an injured Z than anyone else will... they will still be a deadly line, and the best in the playoffs imo.

- Filpulla and Hudler have looked great in both games so far, and with the addition of Franzen, whom has also been great these 2 games, this should be a really good second line for Babs and the Wings

- I love that third line... it has really provided problems for Phoenix and helps set the physical tone for the boys... keep that line together

- The 4th line is again very good, arguably the best 4th line in the NHL so that is good

- Simply put, I think these lines should provide LOTS of success for the Wings and their hopefully long run.

Thoughts?

I agree with you, but at the same time I REALLY like our Abs- Cleary-Bert line so that needs to stay. IMO we go with:

Franzen-Filps- Hudler

Bert-Abdelkator- Cleary

- As you said, Hank will not be well enough to play without Pavs. Also, Pavs is playing in a league of his own right now, so he can pick up slack for Z and effectively get more outa an injured Z than anyone else will... they will still be a deadly line, and the best in the playoffs imo.

- Filpulla and Hudler have looked great in both games so far, and with the addition of Franzen, whom has also been great these 2 games, this should be a really good second line for Babs and the Wings

- I love that third line... it has really provided problems for Phoenix and helps set the physical tone for the boys... keep that line together

- The 4th line is again very good, arguably the best 4th line in the NHL so that is good

- Simply put, I think these lines should provide LOTS of success for the Wings and their hopefully long run.

Thoughts?

This, but I think Draper needs to sit a game or two rather than Miller. Eaves-Helm-Miller gives you all the speed, hustle and desire you want from a fourth line, and they aren't that bad at faceoffs/pk if you need them. I would also hope Z would take Draper's pk shifts in the event of his return.

Unless Filppula get hurt, I really don't see Modano fitting in against Phoenix, and I sure wouldn't have thought that five days ago.

Guest blueadams

Franzen-Filps- Hudler

Bert-Abdelkator- Cleary

Thoughts?

That's not bad at all...there's something I don't like about that second line though

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen

Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Miller

Modano

This, but I think Draper needs to sit a game or two rather than Miller. Eaves-Helm-Miller gives you all the speed, hustle and desire you want from a fourth line, and they aren't that bad at faceoffs/pk if you need them. I would also hope Z would take Draper's pk shifts in the event of his return.

Unless Filppula get hurt, I really don't see Modano fitting in against Phoenix, and I sure wouldn't have thought that five days ago.

Faceoffs, faceoffs, faceoffs, Draper needs to stay until he proves he can't handle playing, and he's doing pretty good right now.

Guest blueadams

Faceoffs, faceoffs, faceoffs, Draper needs to stay until he proves he can't handle playing, and he's doing pretty good right now.

agreed.

Draper was 4/9 in faceoffs Sunday. He took 9 of the team's 59 faceoffs in the game. Even in the regular season, his faceoff win percentage was roughly 1 in 20 (four to six per cent) better than Datsyuk/Helm/Z/Abby. That's based on 9 FO/game, that's an avearge of one extra faceoff won every two games. If he's on his game.

In the series so far, he's 10/18 (55.6 per cent), compared to the other Cs, Dats (64.9), Abdelkader (57.6) and Flipper (44.4). Faceoffs alone ought not be a reason to keep Draper in.

I understand what you're saying but I think I'd rather have the other three for their forechecking tenacity since that's another area to expolit their turnover-prone defence.

This is, of course, once Z gets back and there really seems to be no guarantee of that for Monday. :(