• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dimaline312000

The best time of the season?

Rate this topic

I know a lot of people feel that this time (Playoff Time) is the best time of the season for fans. Personally I disagree to me September is the best time of the season for me. September the NHL Prospect Camp and Detroit Red Wings Training Camp happens in Traverse City and even when that is over it signal's the start of the NHL season. This time of the season is what I hate. I've gotten to the point where I dred the playoffs. I stop worrying about watching the Wings and just worry about the outcome of the game. Even if the Wings Win the Cup I'd rather not see the game and know that the Wings have won it and be happy until the Championship Video comes out. It's kind of a grim outlook but after January 1st is the time of the season I just dred becasue half the season is over and I know summer is coming and I hate summer. If it were up to me It would Snow and be cold here in Michigan from September 1st until May 1st and than it would snow on June 11th (My Birthday). So I want to know what part of the Hockey season is your favorite/best time of the season. All opnions welcome please share. Let's Go Red Wings!!

April and October are the best months for sports fans like me, who's a big Hockey, Baseball, and Football fan.

October is my favorite sports month, NHL has started, MLB is in the playoffs, and the NFL and CFL (Canadian Football League) are in full swing. There's something on every night!

I don't agree with you, but I know what you're saying. I'm a wreck during Wings playoff games. If it's a one goal game in the third period, my heart is pounding the entire time. I love watching other teams though.

Edited by Trapt1307

If I had to pick a specific time, I'd pick the playoffs. The beginning of the season is always fun, but there's nothing like the playoffs. On one hand, I'm not sure how I consider them "fun," since I scream at my TV while the game is on and spend off-days worrying about the next game, so the only time I actually have a genuinely positive feeling is right after we've won a game. At the same time, though, I live for that rollercoaster ride, and I can't get enough. Hehe, sound like a drug addict much? I, Jessica, am a hockey junkie, and rehab is for Coyotes fans!!

Great sharing everyone. I can see all of your points. I just don't like the thought of the season being over. I mean I know all sports have their season and it always has to end sometime and it's not like it won't ever back. I understand the players need a break but I don't think I ever need a break from hockey even when the summer years ago I'd watch Pro Beach Hockey on ESPN quite a few years ago. I also like September becasue I'm BIG on the Holidays escpecially Christmas and being able to watch hockey during my favorite time of the year is just gold for me. Playoffs are always fun to watch but at the same time I just get so sick. For example: Game 7 of the 02 West Conference Finals Vs Colorado that entire day up until the game I did not eat anything becasue I was just so sick and worring about the Wings hoping that there great season wasn't going to come to and end by the hands of our Arch Rivals. So I understand those of you that do favor the playoffs and think this is the best time of the season I just don't agree, lol.

But keep it up let me know your thoughts and feelings about the season.

If I had to pick a specific time, I'd pick the playoffs. The beginning of the season is always fun, but there's nothing like the playoffs.

This. The intensity picks up a few notches at playoff time which I always love to see. And let's be honest, it's usually a foregone conclusion that the Wings will be one of the top seeds in the playoffs so I start to get anxious for the playoffs to start in February-March.

Great sharing everyone. I can see all of your points. I just don't like the thought of the season being over. I mean I know all sports have their season and it always has to end sometime and it's not like it won't ever back. I understand the players need a break but I don't think I ever need a break from hockey even when the summer years ago I'd watch Pro Beach Hockey on ESPN quite a few years ago. I also like September becasue I'm BIG on the Holidays escpecially Christmas and being able to watch hockey during my favorite time of the year is just gold for me. Playoffs are always fun to watch but at the same time I just get so sick. For example: Game 7 of the 02 West Conference Finals Vs Colorado that entire day up until the game I did not eat anything becasue I was just so sick and worring about the Wings hoping that there great season wasn't going to come to and end by the hands of our Arch Rivals. So I understand those of you that do favor the playoffs and think this is the best time of the season I just don't agree, lol.

But keep it up let me know your thoughts and feelings about the season.

I see your point about the season coming to an end, but it's sort of like watching an movie with an epic ending. The big, dramatic climax where the intensity picks up, the heavy action music kicks in, and the hero overcomes impossible odds. It's sad that it's slowly coming to an end, but this is what hockey is all about right here.

This is the best time of the year for the players and the fans. For the players this is what they have been working for since September. They had to battle through an 82 game season, and then the real fun begins. And for the fans, this is why we watch the game. The playoffs are a time when I can just watch the games and get really into the action. I tend to forget about everything else that happens in my life when I watch the Red Wings in the playoffs. In a way, it is an escape from reality for a small amount of time. I think most people understand what I am trying to say because most of us here have a special bond with the Red Wings. When I go on my fits when they lose a game in the playoffs, a lot of my friends and companions can not understand why I take this so seriously. But I think everyone here knows what I am talking about. We all come from different walks of life, but the Red Wings bring us all together, and that I think is the extraordinary aspect of fan hood.

Edited by stuck in socal

VM, BigWillie, and Stuck: All 3 of your comments make me see what the playoffs are all about and how everyone does indeed come from different walks of life and I don't think any opnion is a wrong opnion becasue that is what it is your opnion. The playoffs is what September is all about and you do play for the chance to still be playing in June and win that Cup. I to am a person that takes the Wings winning and losing personal, becasue to mee it isn't just a game. If you look at it from the players point of veiw this is their lives and their jobs it's what they work all year long for to stay in shape and stay in the NHL so it isn't just a game so I get what you are ALL saying. Maybe one day I'll change the way I feel about when is my favorite time of the season. Nice job everyone!!