• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chelle

Red Wings song from the 90s, Help !

Rate this topic

Help. There's some Red Wings song...circa mid-1990s. Lyrics include...something like "Lidstrom kicked some butt and even Ozzie scored a goal"; "We got Koslov Fedorov, Vladimir Konstantinov, Dino, Primeau, Ozzie too, Bob Errey, and Grimson, Stu"; "Scotty Bowman's got the plan, we beat all the other teams...GO WINGS!"

I've been searching to find this song for seriously years now... If anyone knows the name of it or has a youtube link I would greatly appreciate it !!!

Help. There's some Red Wings song...circa mid-1990s. Lyrics include...something like "Lidstrom kicked some butt and even Ozzie scored a goal"; "We got Koslov Fedorov, Vladimir Konstantinov, Dino, Primeau, Ozzie too, Bob Errey, and Grimson, Stu"; "Scotty Bowman's got the plan, we beat all the other teams...GO WINGS!"

I've been searching to find this song for seriously years now... If anyone knows the name of it or has a youtube link I would greatly appreciate it !!!

Are you referring to the CD that was released in like 1995 with "I want Stanley" on it? The song you're talking about was the second song on the disk. I want to say it's somewhere at my parents, but it was a pretty good cd.

-Sigh-

none of those :/

It was from like 94/95 when we had the russian 5.

I'm pretty sure it's on that I want Stanley CD

http://compare.ebay.com/like/310308347259?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=225769020611&crlp=1_263602_309572&UA=%3F*F%3F&GUID=66dfaa9b12f0a47a2f01d621ff8b69b0&itemid=310308347259&ff4=263602_309572

^where I could buy there... lol

but if anyone could find a list of songs on that cd maybe ? Hopefullt it's there !

I remember this song. I heard it on the Detroit country radio station 99.5 when I was a kid. It was a parody of a popular country song of that day. I want to say it was called "No News" by Lonestar. As far as finding the parody... I dont know. I believe it was called "Go Wings". Good luck. Hope this helped.

Too funny, with the retro Red Wings rap (say that 10 times fast). I had the I Want stanley CD. A coworker's kid loved it, so I let him borrow it for their vacation to Niagra Falls. He left it on the back seat, and their car was broken into and it was stolen along with his discman and a few other cds.

Those were the days. I remember a guy on the old Red Wings listserv out of MSU that Dave Vergolini ran during my undergrad days used to send me the freep and news wings pages after the playoff runs. Ryan-Nase Bona, thanks again, wherever you may be.

Edited by TheXym

It was a parody song of "Let's go to the Hop" from, maybe 95.5. I cannot find it anywhere, it is from the summer of 1997 though, because one line says, "June 7 97, we were all in heaven when we saw our Captain skating with the cup".