• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Coyotes 2

Rate this topic

Goes without saying that I'm stating the obvious here but... the start is so important. If we can get to 1st periods end 0-0 or even 1-1, we'll have a massive edge. We can't afford to let them get an early jump, give them momentum and let their crowd into it. We need to be at the top of our games from the first drop of the puck.

I'm pumped for this one, c'mon boys!! :thumbup:

Yes!!!! Finally going to be able to watch a game in its entirety. Actually loving the late games for once!!

They said last night on CBC after the game that Jovo WILL play tonight.

GO WINGS!!

OK, but he still remains questionable in my mind. :P

After datsyuks crazy performance last game im looking at phoenix to try everything in their power to shut him down. In my book this leads to one of two scenerios....1) Datsyuk still plays out of his mind and goes through the entire coyotes team dangling eavh player out of their jocks or 2) Datsyuk remains quiet(and by quiet i mean he goes under the radar with 3 assists) and franzen and bertuzzi play out of their minds today.

Either way, Wings take game three.

The only thing I have to say other than "Go Wings!" is "Consistency!" The team has done so well the first two games, I have faith they've flipped the switch. Keep the pedal to the metal and don't Phoenix's underdog motivation slow you down. They're going to come at the Wings hard, and might get a lucky break or two, but if the Wings can get a lead Phoenix will start self destructing with lack of discipline.

Minus the horrid penalties being called .. this one should be the Wings. Doan is the only guy showing up for Phoenix so a sweep is possible. However, i'd like to see a better defensive showing from our guys, especially protecting the lead.

Also I hope somebody sent Helm a memo saying that THERE'S NO HITTING IN HOCKEY because we don't need any more "boarding" calls!! SMFH.

Wings win 5-3.

14 W's to go!!!

Why is Flip still on the 3rd line? Enough already, get him up to the 2nd.

In fact, Dats and Flip looked so dominant in game 2 I'd like to see them together today.

I am so sick of seeing this. Doan has been made completely useless at even strength thanks to Abdelkaders play. Dian would absolutely eat Filppula alive, big hits shift after shift. Putting Bert and Abby on him together is hardly enough to contain him.

What a terrible start time. Stupid NHL has to make it so the games all line up perfectly. We are playing in Phoenix! 10:30 is a late start time for them too!

Only by 30 minutes. Normal start time here is 7:00 PM.

PHX is on mountain time. So its at 8:30 for them. I think? :blink:

Phoenix is on mountain time but they don't do daylight savings time so right now they're 3 hours behind Detroit.

Edited by hockey23