• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Coyotes 2

Rate this topic

I noticed it too. Was going to say something but figured the board would eat me alive. The worst defensive period I've seen Lidstrom play in a looong time. I still love him though :)

And then he drew the penalty on Doan because he's been a gentleman for 20 years. If Doan cross-checked Bert like that Bert would've got the penalty somehow :P

That's the Canadian way to play hockey.

It seems like it's the Canadian way to play against Detroit honestly. I mean going back to 07 we've got Iginla, Phaneuf, Thornton, Getzlaf, Perry, Doan, etc. The only star canadians that havent just played to win against Detroit that I can think of would be Morrow... honestly that's the only one I can think of :lol: Dunno what it is, they think there so much tougher so they can do whatever they want. You'd think they'd learn by now, guess not. Works for me :ph34r: I like winning hockey games.

And then he drew the penalty on Doan because he's been a gentleman for 20 years. If Doan cross-checked Bert like that Bert would've got the penalty somehow :P

...or if it'd been Homer.

It seems like it's the Canadian way to play against Detroit honestly. I mean going back to 07 we've got Iginla, Phaneuf, Thornton, Getzlaf, Perry, Doan, etc. The only star canadians that havent just played to win against Detroit that I can think of would be Morrow... honestly that's the only one I can think of :lol: Dunno what it is, they think there so much tougher so they can do whatever they want. You'd think they'd learn by now, guess not. Works for me :ph34r: I like winning hockey games.

Maybe this is becuase in the last 20 years the wings have very rarely run into a team that is equally or more skillful, so they have to goon it up and try to knock the smaller wings off their game. I mean, it's probably what I'd tell my squad to do as well. If you can't beat them with skill you have to find other means.

I do understand the strategy, but when you start taking cheap shots and doing illegal things then that's where I start getting frustrated that the instigator rule is in place.

Wings powerplay.... I'm shocked!

Interesting thing that you should bring that up. For ONCE, I saw a play that could have been called on us - a penalty on Draper - for holding toward the end of the first period. When they did not call it, I ran out and checked the skies. Lotsa luck there, because I couldn't see s***. :cool:

Interesting thing that you should bring that up. For ONCE, I saw a play that could have been called on us - a penalty on Draper - for holding toward the end of the first period. When they did not call it, I ran out and checked the skies. Lotsa luck there, because I couldn't see s***. :cool:

It is a full moon...

008668.jpg

Verify range to target. One PING only...

I'm guessing Doan and both teams were warned to play between the whistles and Dopey didn't adhere to the refs warnings.

Looked like a clear charge on Pyatt, but I'm just glad that he didn't target Lidstroms head like he could have.

Howie is saving our terrible Ds bacon so far.

Salei is a +2 and has a goal? Whaaaaaa...