• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Coyotes 2

Rate this topic

Decent period, didnt chip pucks out as effectively or forecheck as well until the end there. Lidstrom has been noticeably bad this game, hopefully he picks it up in the 4rd. Datsyuk and Franzen havent done much, gotta believe there gonna step up. Lets do this wings :thumbup:

Wow, the refs letting the players play. Wings with interference at the end of the period that was not called.

I have I mentioned lately that I intensely dislike you, but also hold a special place for you in my heart?

I watched that last play again on my DVR. No penalty. Eaves just shoved the guy off the puck. Not sure why Tippett wanted a call there.

Because its Tippett, don't you remember last season's post-season? Dude almost had a seizure every frickin game if a call didnt go his way.

I spoke from what i saw right away he was down didnt get the call and got up, thats why i reacted like that. Obviously if he left he was hurt.

He's the last person who should be looking for a penalty. Both teams are interfering, both are breaking the rules. Cannot favor one team over the other. Whoeever's refing this game should go on to the next round play has flowed beautifully.

Because its Tippett, don't you remember last season's post-season? Dude almost had a seizure every frickin game if a call didnt go his way.

Dave s***fit

So I'm joining late here. A few thoughts, curious what the rest of the room thinks.

1. Great road game by the Wings. Physical, controlled, smart, opportunistic. This is the 2008 Wings.

2. Phoenix is playing a fantastic game for being down 3-1.

3. Is it me, or is Babs hiding Lids a bit? He's looked downright mortal at times. And I'm the staunchest defender of Lids you'll ever find.

4. Drew Miller is earning a contract for next year. Talk about a guy who gets it. Just works, battles, goes to the net, and makes big plays.

5. Howie's been very good. But the Wings have been just as good in front of him. Very heartening to see the crease getting cleared so efficiently.

That May-Day call really never gets old.

I'm just glad that with Crobsy injured everything seems better. He's not constantly shoved down our throat. The NHL website doesn't dedicate %40 of all stories and links to Crosby anymore.

He's a good player and all, but it just feels great to be liberated from the Crosby saturation.

Great game thus far and even tho Phoenix is getting away with a LOT of interference on Pavs, I think the refs are doing a great job letting both teams play. Also, I like how the refs have done a great job letting Phoenix know that they won't get away with running the Wings... great job refs so far.

On another note, Phoenix has 4 PP goals on their last 8 attempts... the trend is that Nick is NOT on the PK, which in my opinion is the difference maker. I realize that Babs is probably just keeping Nick fresh for the later rounds, but I bet Nick himself would like to be out there to kill some penalties because we cannot let in PP goals like that 50% of the time.

Other than that great game and lets hope the boys finish it out in the 3rd.

So I'm joining late here. A few thoughts, curious what the rest of the room thinks.

1. Great road game by the Wings. Physical, controlled, smart, opportunistic. This is the 2008 Wings.

2. Phoenix is playing a fantastic game for being down 3-1.

3. Is it me, or is Babs hiding Lids a bit? He's looked downright mortal at times. And I'm the staunchest defender of Lids you'll ever find.

4. Drew Miller is earning a contract for next year. Talk about a guy who gets it. Just works, battles, goes to the net, and makes big plays.

5. Howie's been very good. But the Wings have been just as good in front of him. Very heartening to see the crease getting cleared so efficiently.

Welcome aboard.

Depth has been huge for Detroit. No wonder Chicago dropped off this season.

Stuck watching the FS Arizona feed (due to being a Wings fan in AZ) and the only thing I have to say is that Tyson Nash is a ****** BAG! I don't think I've ever heard a worse color guy. Just PATHETIC!

However, I am enjoying the game and am loving that Howard is completely outplaying Bryzgalov right now.