#21 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

Better late than never, right?

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#22 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the GDT HT!

Let's go Wings!!!
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#23 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

Again I have one prediction for this game. PI! LGW

#24 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:31 AM

:siren: :siren: :siren: TODD BER-TUZZI!!!!!! :siren: :siren: :siren: KICK HIS ASS SEABASS!!!! LETS DO IT WINGS!

#25 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

Great GDT HT...as always!

I hope that that crowd is behind the Wings tonight, it's always nice to watch and have it sound like a home game. Not a fan of these late night games, but it is the playoffs and sleep deprivation is just the way it must be.

Let's Go Wings!!

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#26 TheWestWing

TheWestWing

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

3rd row behind net. I'll add some red to the whiteout.

#27 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

Goes without saying that I'm stating the obvious here but... the start is so important. If we can get to 1st periods end 0-0 or even 1-1, we'll have a massive edge. We can't afford to let them get an early jump, give them momentum and let their crowd into it. We need to be at the top of our games from the first drop of the puck.

I'm pumped for this one, c'mon boys!! :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#28 RedWingsExpert1988

RedWingsExpert1988

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:48 AM

I hope phoenix scores the first goal tonight early. Then Detroit will come back and win 3-2.

Detroit needs to continue the physical game they have FINALLY started playing. Keep on bringing those big hits pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee...

#29 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

Yes!!!! Finally going to be able to watch a game in its entirety. Actually loving the late games for once!!

They said last night on CBC after the game that Jovo WILL play tonight.

GO WINGS!!

OK, but he still remains questionable in my mind. :P

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#30 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

Just play good smart hockey, don't give the stripes any opportunity to make a call because you know they'll be looking to.

LGW
Posted Image

#31 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

After datsyuks crazy performance last game im looking at phoenix to try everything in their power to shut him down. In my book this leads to one of two scenerios....1) Datsyuk still plays out of his mind and goes through the entire coyotes team dangling eavh player out of their jocks or 2) Datsyuk remains quiet(and by quiet i mean he goes under the radar with 3 assists) and franzen and bertuzzi play out of their minds today.

Either way, Wings take game three.

#32 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 623 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:09 AM

4-3 Wings is my prediction.

Posted Image

#33 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:14 AM

Calgary Herald .

I LOVE the phrase, "hapless prey". Fine by me. Let's just make him more scared and paranoid than ever, OK, boyz??! :hockeysmile:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#34 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

The only thing I have to say other than "Go Wings!" is "Consistency!" The team has done so well the first two games, I have faith they've flipped the switch. Keep the pedal to the metal and don't Phoenix's underdog motivation slow you down. They're going to come at the Wings hard, and might get a lucky break or two, but if the Wings can get a lead Phoenix will start self destructing with lack of discipline.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#35 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

Minus the horrid penalties being called .. this one should be the Wings. Doan is the only guy showing up for Phoenix so a sweep is possible. However, i'd like to see a better defensive showing from our guys, especially protecting the lead.

Also I hope somebody sent Helm a memo saying that THERE'S NO HITTING IN HOCKEY because we don't need any more "boarding" calls!! SMFH.

Wings win 5-3.

14 W's to go!!!

#36 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

gotta come out an assert dominance early. i don't see us letting phoenix back in. LGW! send them to Winnipeg!!!

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#37 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted Image

#38 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Why is Flip still on the 3rd line? Enough already, get him up to the 2nd.

In fact, Dats and Flip looked so dominant in game 2 I'd like to see them together today.

I am so sick of seeing this. Doan has been made completely useless at even strength thanks to Abdelkaders play. Dian would absolutely eat Filppula alive, big hits shift after shift. Putting Bert and Abby on him together is hardly enough to contain him.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#39 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

What a terrible start time. Stupid NHL has to make it so the games all line up perfectly. We are playing in Phoenix! 10:30 is a late start time for them too!
Posted Image

#40 TheWestWing

TheWestWing

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

What a terrible start time. Stupid NHL has to make it so the games all line up perfectly. We are playing in Phoenix! 10:30 is a late start time for them too!

Only by 30 minutes. Normal start time here is 7:00 PM.