966 replies to this topic

#61 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

Thought "The Stache" retired? Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#62 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

put the stranglehold on!!

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!

#63 Mead

Mead

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:25 PM

Maybe he came back to fill in after Chris Rooney broke his leg during the Caps/Rangers game yesterday?

#64 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

Well, McCreary is one of the last legit refs around, so hopefully no BS tonight for once..... Posted Image

Edited by HankthaTank, 18 April 2011 - 01:28 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#65 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:34 PM

McCreary refereeing?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#66 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,428 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

I was listening to the radio coverage of the game he did in Buffalo, near the end of the season, and Harry Neale was very specific in saying it was Mr. McCreary's final regular-season game in Buffalo and his last here, unless he comes here to do a playoff game. I've found articles online that state "final regular-season game".

From the Coyotes website:

Tonight's Officials
Referees Kevin Pollock (33), Chris Lee (28) Linesmen Shane Heyer (55), Jonny Murray (95)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#67 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

Jovanovski officially in.... Morris still out

RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun: Tippett confirms Jovo is IN, Morris remains OUT

If I were Jovanovski (this is a bad move)

RT @walshtodd: Jovo w out cage. He's in. He prefers no cage. Not sure yet for game time. Morris didn't skate. #detphx

Time to seek out and destroy!

#68 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:56 PM

Has there been any word from that Tyson guy? I want to know if he still thinks the Wings fear the Coyotes.

#69 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

Hopefully helm lays the smackdown on Jovo. Let's go Wings! Get the stranglehold on them tonight!

#70 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 860 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:01 PM

Jovanovski officially in....

...and he's still a douchebag.

Go Wings!

That is all.

#71 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:01 PM

Does anyone know if this game will be on Center Ice? My guide doesn't show it but I have learned not to trust it this year until almost game time. DTV offerred me $40/month to drop Versus, I couldn't pass on that, but I expected the playoff schedule to be like prior years. Waiting until game time to find out if I get the game on TV is killing me.

I gotta believe its on NBC, I know ill be watching it on CBC up here in Canada. They have seemed to carry every other game.

Blaayze, the game will not be on NBC. Those are only weekend games and Games 3-7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

dcd, this is one of those games where we hope and pray the game before us on Versus (which is the channel it'll be on *exclusively*) ends before the start time of our game. PHI/BUF starts at 7:00 ET and DET/PHX begins 3.5 hours later. As long as the PHI/BUF game doesn't go deep and past the first OT or longer, those with Versus will be able to see the Wings game in entirety. Those without Versus (in the USA atleast) are gonna be S.O.L.

If the game does go past the first OT, we can only expect live look-ins until the game concludes. Scary s*** for any non-local Wings fan.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#72 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

Blaayze, the game will not be on NBC. Those are only weekend games and Games 3-7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

dcd, this is one of those games where we hope and pray the game before us on Versus (which is the channel it'll be on *exclusively*) ends before the start time of our game. PHI/BUF starts at 7:00 ET and DET/PHX begins 3.5 hours later. As long as the PHI/BUF game doesn't go deep and past the first OT or longer, those with Versus will be able to see the Wings game in entirety. Those without Versus (in the USA atleast) are gonna be S.O.L.

If the game does go past the first OT, we can only expect live look-ins until the game concludes. Scary s*** for any non-local Wings fan.

Ahh ok, wasn't sure of the system down there, up here the coverage is split between TSN, TSN2, or CBC channels. Seen a ton of games on NBC so it was a guess. :unsure: So sorry! At least it's clarified now, and if the question gets presented again I will know; well, everyone can spread the word! :thumbup:
Posted Image

#73 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

I hate when people complain about the late games. Everyone can watch this way just lose some sleep for god sake. Its the Red Wings playoffs, go to work tired.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#74 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

Ahh ok, wasn't sure of the system down there, up here the coverage is split between TSN, TSN2, or CBC channels. Seen a ton of games on NBC so it was a guess. :unsure: So sorry! At least it's clarified now, and if the question gets presented again I will know; well, everyone can spread the word! :thumbup:

So Versus doesn't exist in Canada? Am I correct to assume the NHL has a contract with TSN in Canada (hence, where the USA Versus games would go along with being on Center Ice)?
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#75 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:37 PM

umm, well not as it's own station, no it does not. But sometimes TSN or the NHL Center Ice pulls from there, but in the post season its ALL TSN and CBC. Could also just be that we have Bell ExpressVu satellite. I cant speak for others who use rogers or what not. Wings are normally on CBC (provided a "good" Canadian team, or Toronto, is not playing at the same time(especially in playoffs)), but after that its TSN, then if for some reason its not on either of those, they take feeds from random NBC/FSN/Versus channels and throw it on center ice.

Edited by Blaayze, 18 April 2011 - 02:39 PM.

Posted Image

#76 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

Not working for me either. Have you tried praying?

Couldn't hurt.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#77 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

Well,I predicted the right score last game. I will likely be wrong this time. I think Phx will get every break in the book and win tonight, and we'll all be sweating a bit for game 4. Just my opinion, and knowing how the NHL keeps manipulating games.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#78 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

Hopefully helm lays the smackdown on Jovo. Let's go Wings! Get the stranglehold on them tonight!

Will it be called a penalty?

#79 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

Am I the only one that likes the late games? I mean I'm up until 2AM normally anyway so it fits perfectly into my schedule. Otherwise I have to race home at 7 to catch the game.

#80 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:46 PM

Read my words:

Powerplays 2:1 in favor of the yotes. If we get 3 PP's, they'll get at least six.

5 on 3: Guaranteed for the 'yotes

Also, Homer will have one goal called back for phantom interference. At the other end the 'yotes will bulldoze Howard and the goal(s) will stand.

Edited by Holmstrom96, 18 April 2011 - 03:47 PM.