• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Coyotes 2

Rate this topic

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but if they call Whitney "The Wizard", what in the s*** are we supposed to call Dats? :lol:

If we gave him a nickname, he would prolly just dangle himself out of it. No nickname like that is great enough to encompass the level of dangle-dangle that Pav has. ;D

Couple of thoughts here, sorry to resort to numbers.

1. Lids was being targeted as well as probably not having the best game of his career (far from it), so why put him out there when you have a lead when you know the Yotes will start getting rougher and cheaper? Babcock said in the post-game that when you are in this kind of position you want to play things smart.

2. Our 3rd and 4th lines played their best hockey in game 3 going up against their better lines at times. Helm was nuts and his speed setup that first goal. Our depth is wasting no time to show up and play hard.

3. Big E was great tonight, sure he made a few errors or fell down a few times but overall he handled things pretty well. Kronner is looking like a workhorse.

4. Jimmy is showing how much he has learned from the last time around, he looks way more comfortable and so far *knock on wood* our D hasn't made it a habit to hang him out to dry. A couple goals in this series have been unfortunate bounces for him but he has made some spectacular saves.

5. Do my eyes deceive me??? We finally broke the streak where we were down on a 5-on-3! I was waiting and waiting and waiting during our PK for the ref to raise his arm again but it never happened. Excellent control guys for not taking a penalty or giving the ref and excuse to call one.

6. The reffing was better this game. They called some obvious ones, a couple of weak ones, but they let them play and yes the Wings and Yotes were both getting away with some stuff. In comparison to the previous 2 games, I can live with this. At least there was a little consistency in tonights calls.

7. ????

8. PROFIT

Edited by RedLightGoesOn

Franchise. Helm. Right. Now.

Correct. This kid is all about the Wings and will be donning an "A" someday no doubt. What a joy it has been to watch him and Abby's game come together the way it has. These guys aren't logging a ton of ice time but when they are out there, things just happen. This is what separates other teams of the past is the youth movement I believe. Keep it up and great game guys! thumbup.gif

We don't need him out there every shift this series. I think it's safe to get a little cocky now that the series is heading to Game 4, but Phoenix just is totally outmatched even without Lidstrom. Last night, when they should have brought their A-game, they just seemed lifeless for a lot of the game. Bryzgalov looked miserable and you could see defeat in a lot of the players, especially through their frustration and cross-checks. The Wings have this, let's just hope they finish it in four so that everyone can rest.

Love it. Phoenix just looks like they're trying to win through physical play, and honestly, the Wings aren't pushovers anymore, and haven't been for years. Let Phoenix keep taking stupid penalties, especially if the refs call all the bad stuff they do like cross checking.

THIS.

Minus Lids not having a good game, this is the kind of hockey we have been waiting for. Most, if not all wings are firing on all cylinders. I thought it was a well managed game by the wings. Once again, the Coyotes tack up the loss to unlucky bounces. ( :looney: ) However, It was the wings being in the right place at the right time. When the wings are playing well, they create all their own bounces (AKA. Helm busting ass creating a chain of events leading to a goal).

And is it just me or does Homer seem to have a bit more speed, and gusto? I still cringe while hoping he doesn't lose the puck or try to many dangles. He just seems to be creating a bit more and still have net-front presence when needed! :hockeysmile:

Here's to Wednesday, I hope its a close win for the wings so the yotes don't start running around like chickens with their heads cut off. That thought seriously scares me, if we are up 4-1 with 5 mins left, i foresee them taking wayyy to many runs at people.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but if they call Whitney "The Wizard", what in the s*** are we supposed to call Dats? :lol:

Istari?

"beings outwardly resembling men but possessing much greater physical and mental power"

Last night, when they should have brought their A-game, they just seemed lifeless for a lot of the game. Bryzgalov looked miserable and you could see defeat in a lot of the players, especially through their frustration and cross-checks.

Getting two slightly fortuitous goals early really helps that though. (Only slightly because they did good things that led to both goals). Especially if you're the Red Wings and you have some experience on how to play with a lead in the playoffs.

I have really enjoyed watching Abby and Helm develop, I think Abby with Cleary is straight BUTTER!

Add in Big Bert and that line was damn good, Abby seems to fit a lot of roles on this team can play almost any line.

And with Mentors like Maltby and Draper (those two were specifically mentioned last game) how can they go wrong. They are part of the next generation of guys who will have the Red Wing tattoo on their chests.

I was actually thinking how much Abby has looked like young Kirk Maltby of late but at the center position. Also, Abby doesn't really chirp as much, he just drops the mitts for the most part. Either way, stellar stuff. Love the Wings organization's ability to be a revolving door of similar talents of successful teams. thumbup.gif

I was actually thinking how much Abby has looked like young Kirk Maltby of late but at the center position. Also, Abby doesn't really chirp as much, he just drops the mitts for the most part. Either way, stellar stuff. Love the Wings organization's ability to be a revolving door of similar talents of successful teams. thumbup.gif

Abby's being Maltby/McCarty II, Helm seems to be Draper II, Eaves doesn't seem to mind getting his hands dirty.

Grind Line II, anyone?

I think Abby has more potential to be Marty Lapointe 2.0.

I see more upside than Malts or Mac and he has a little edge but not a lot.

But that is just me.

That's probably a reference to his age rather than any perceived level of skill, or perhaps an alliteration.