• Please log in to reply
966 replies to this topic

#921 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:41 AM

It's kinda funny..I personally didn't think Lidstrom had a very good period and it got me to thinking that I can probably count on 1 hand the amount of times i've said that in 20 years as a fan. The other good thing is that you know he won't have too bad periods in a row.

I noticed it too. Was going to say something but figured the board would eat me alive. The worst defensive period I've seen Lidstrom play in a looong time. I still love him though :)

Kronwall 23:24
Rafalski 21:32
Stuart 20:15
Ericsson 19:45
Lidstrom 18:03
Salei 17:01

Lidstrom once again #5 in TOI for defensemen. No PK time. :unsure:

#922 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,577 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:42 AM

Mental note to Babs... tell Big E to take off Doan's head early in Game 4. That way we don't have worry about Big E playing for the rest of the playoffs and Doan won't have to worry about going back to Winnipeg.

So who would you want to replace him with?

Big E's been solid.

#923 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:42 AM

Can't wait until we get Zetterberg back.

I kind of can. Seems like these Wings play harder and better when a big star is out of the lineup.

#924 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,577 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:43 AM

Very strange....

I'm trying not to worry that he's injured or something.

#925 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

Only 3 hits for doan , I don't believe you versus

And at the point they showed those stats, he only had one shot on goal. Don't know how it ended for him. Don't give a s***, actually. :)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#926 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

Big E's been solid.

Yea, great pass to Mule up the middle too. He's been fine.

Great game for the Wings. You gotta love that killer instinct they are showing right now. Hopefully we don't even mess around and call it a series on Wednesday.

:ph34r:

#927 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:52 AM

My biggest disappointment so far in this series is how incompetent the Wings look at scoring wide-open empty net goals at the end of each game.

If that's my biggest complaint - I'll take it :)
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#928 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:54 AM

A 3-0 series lead is hard to argue with, eh?
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#929 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:56 AM

Big E's been solid.

He had a hard time keeping pucks in when the Wings were in the offensive zone and had some bad clears coming out of the defensive zone. But I would agree that he improved through out the game.

With Doan and the rest of the Yotes head hunting this game and obviously will be doing the same thing going into Game 4, somebody is going to have to be expendible to stop that from happening.

Edited by Vladiator, 19 April 2011 - 12:57 AM.

#930 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:56 AM

I'm loving these early big leads, helps rest Lidas.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#931 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:57 AM

Mental note to Babs... tell Big E to take off Doan's head early in Game 4. That way we don't have worry about Big E playing for the rest of the playoffs and Doan won't have to worry about going back to Winnipeg.

I don't understand why posters keep putting Big E down. Yeah, he started out shaky tonight, but he ended up being a real force out there, more than once.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#932 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:16 AM

Big E has done a great job of shutting down. He might make some dumb passes but he's been winning a lot of battles and clearing the front of the net.

Its been weird cause I barely see Lids out there :huh:

#933 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

Good solid win tonight. We clearly outskated them. We attacked the net early and often. Ericsson has stuck out in a good way on defense. I thought Drew Miller had a pretty good game. Weird not seeing Lidstrom out there 24/7, though.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#934 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

So are these ice times all-time playoff lows for Lidstrom, or what?

#935 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:54 AM

And at the point they showed those stats, he only had one shot on goal. Don't know how it ended for him. Don't give a s***, actually. :)

In 21:05 TOI he had 0 points, 2 shots on goal, 3 hits, 1 takeaway and lost 2 faceoffs.

I know you don't care but I just can't help but wonder who's guarding him? That stat line seems pretty ideal from a Wings defensive perspective.

#936 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:14 AM

3-0 series lead!

Another great win. Helm was great tonight, always working so hard. Salei definitely had his best game all year, the goal clearly gave him a lot of confidence for the rest of the match. Can't forget Howard either, he made some huge stops. Mule's goal in the 3rd was, forgive my language,f****** beautiful. My only concern so far is the PK, Phoenix have had them running around the last two games. Other than that, I couldn't be happier with this team in the playoffs thus far. Hopefully we can close this out in 4.

Unfortunately I was stuck with the Versus feed, god they are bad. The announcing team seemed like they struggled to keep up and weren't very enthusiastic. I only knew the Wings scored on the first 2 goals because of the crowd reaction. I didn't see the puck because the camera couldn't keep up when the puck went from low to high.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#937 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:19 AM

someone needs to get a hold of doan if he tries anything else next game, gotta save our stars for the next series
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#938 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:08 AM

This is exactly what we want at this stage in the playoffs. We burned him out last year against Phoenix. We're getting big leads early, resting him and we're up 3-0. Perfect scenario to this point. Now if we can just close it out Wednesday, give Nick a big rest and hopefully get Z back, we'll be setup nicely.

#939 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:40 AM

I don't understand why posters keep putting Big E down. Yeah, he started out shaky tonight, but he ended up being a real force out there, more than once.

Had a pretty good rub out of Vrbata too... Big rig is fine looking like the 2009 version, Remember that the one who would actually shoot the puck from the point.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#940 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:57 AM

The only gripe I have with Big E is that he fails nearly all the time at dumping the puck deep or turning the puck over instantly if he ever carries the puck in the zone. He's all a terrible game starter and take a period or so to warm up. As a guy who makes chump change, he does his job to par.

Solid game by the Wings and a great game by Jimmah, I just hope he plays like 1 and 3 and not like game 2 for game 4.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".