#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:22 PM

Couple of thoughts here, sorry to resort to numbers.,

Numbers!!! My weaknesssss!!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#962 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:51 PM

I have really enjoyed watching Abby and Helm develop, I think Abby with Cleary is straight BUTTER!

Add in Big Bert and that line was damn good, Abby seems to fit a lot of roles on this team can play almost any line.

And with Mentors like Maltby and Draper (those two were specifically mentioned last game) how can they go wrong. They are part of the next generation of guys who will have the Red Wing tattoo on their chests.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#963 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

I was actually thinking how much Abby has looked like young Kirk Maltby of late but at the center position. Also, Abby doesn't really chirp as much, he just drops the mitts for the most part. Either way, stellar stuff. Love the Wings organization's ability to be a revolving door of similar talents of successful teams. Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#964 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,154 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but if they call Whitney "The Wizard", what in the s*** are we supposed to call Dats? :lol:

Better than?

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#965 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:02 PM

I was actually thinking how much Abby has looked like young Kirk Maltby of late but at the center position. Also, Abby doesn't really chirp as much, he just drops the mitts for the most part. Either way, stellar stuff. Love the Wings organization's ability to be a revolving door of similar talents of successful teams. Posted Image

Abby's being Maltby/McCarty II, Helm seems to be Draper II, Eaves doesn't seem to mind getting his hands dirty.

Grind Line II, anyone?
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#966 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

I think Abby has more potential to be Marty Lapointe 2.0.
I see more upside than Malts or Mac and he has a little edge but not a lot.
But that is just me.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#967 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but if they call Whitney "The Wizard", what in the s*** are we supposed to call Dats? :lol:

That's probably a reference to his age rather than any perceived level of skill, or perhaps an alliteration.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate