• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drumnj

2011 Local (RSN) Ratings

Rate this topic

Oops, meant 2010-2011

Pittsburgh is #1 again, apparently 4 years in a row. A lot of teams in the south are in the bottom 5....shocking.

Not surprisingly, the league’s biggest markets posted the biggest local TV audiences. Following Pittsburgh, the largest local TV audiences came in Chicago (96,000 average homes on CSN Chicago), Boston (77,000 on NESN), Detroit (76,000 on FS Detroit), Philadelphia (71,000 on CSN Philadelphia) and New York (59,000 for Rangers games on MSG).

AF8A6A818431424F954A35481D5C49E2.ashx.jpg

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/04/18/Media/NHL-RSN-ratings.aspx

Edited by drumnj

I know the Islanders suck, but their tv numbers, in the biggest city, is shocking! You'd think in a city that big, they could get more than 9,000 households watching them play.

The Isles also have to compete with the Rangers. Remember this. I know former Islander fans who have actually switched loyalties because of Milbury and Wang.

Does Pittsburgh have a larger metro area than Detroit? Chicago is certainly a lot bigger than Detroit so it's not surprising that they would be ahead of Detroit for market. I'm not sure how they tally these up but measurements of TV markets is notoriously inaccurate, too.

Guest Scrosby87

Pittsburgh fans are the most loyal fans on the planet.

Which is why they have the biggest following and best ratings in every sport.

how loyal were you guys when pitts sucked and then got all those draft picks example, crybaby

oh ya thats right mellon arena was always sold out LOL.

Biggest amount of bandwagon jumpers not loyal fans.

Ratings mean dick. The numbers are so skewed. All of 300 households represent 1million worth of people in Metro Detroit.

Until they give me a box, they don't count. Then they will see a tv always set to the wings games! Even when I am at them!

Guest Scrosby87

I've had season tickets since 1989. I've always been a die hard Pittsburgh Fan.

ALso --- I read a lot of the responses from your Red Wings fan. And it's more than apparent the majority of this board doesn't know hockey. They just wine and complain....about everything.

Just because you've had a successful team for the most part, doesn't mean your not a bandwagoner. --See the Red Wings board for reference. (That's you guys)

The ratings don't lie by the way. There are some cases, like Boston, who have a huge population, skewe the numbers -- But for the most part they are accurate.

Considering how the city of Detroit is on a serious decline,(economically) I doubt Detroit will be on the rise in years to come. Unless you think Helm, Abdelkader, Filppula, Hudler and Franzen are the future of this team. Which they aren't btw. But, it will be hard to get good players to come Detroit because there isn't anythign there.

On a side note, I will certainly enjoy having a Cup team for as long as Crosby and Malkin are around.

You guys better run your mouth now, because your times running out.

Unless you think Helm, Abdelkader, Filppula, Hudler and Franzen are the future of this team. Which they aren't btw. But, it will be hard to get good players to come Detroit because there isn't anythign there.

And people think I'm a Pittsburgh troll. :lol:

On topic, I've never been much of a fan of local TV ratings, not real sure how this information really covers what it's supposed to mean.

Considering how the city of Detroit is on a serious decline,(economically) I doubt Detroit will be on the rise in years to come.

Solid part to your argument.... ph34r.gif

Pittsburgh was a hole and dug itself out, never smart to kick a city when they are down. We will see what happens but to bring up the future of our franchise by naming quite a few solid players and not even knowing what we have in our farm system (which is quite solid to be honest) is just foolish. Seriously, trolling is just that. Give it up.