• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

Who Does Zetterberg Play With If He Comes Back?

Rate this topic

Depends on the series, he's due back "game 6" of this series which would probably mean he'll be back by game 1 of next series. Hopefully the Wings can finish the series tomorrow and we can sit back and watch the other series close up, giving Zetterberg some time to rest. When he does come back I would suggest he plays with pasha. Babcock will organize things accordingly and he will continue to play center, atleast should. His injury is lower body - ankle, which shouldn't affect him winning face-offs for us.

Depends on the series, he's due back "game 6" of this series which would probably mean he'll be back by game 1 of next series. Hopefully the Wings can finish the series tomorrow and we can sit back and watch the other series close up, giving Zetterberg some time to rest. When he does come back I would suggest he plays with pasha. Babcock will organize things accordingly and he will continue to play center, atleast should. His injury is lower body - ankle, which shouldn't affect him winning face-offs for us.

FYI who's nickname is Pasha again? I am assuming you are refering to Pavel. Also if he plays with Dats does Homer play on that line or do they put the Mule out on that line as well? Also if Hank plays Center does that mean Dats goes to the wing? I prefer Dats and Zet at their regular Center positions respectively b/c thats where they tend to be more effective and it also gives us more depth on the line combinations.

He comes back game 1 against the Wings next victim. hopefully Babcock puts him on Dats' wing so he can get some momentum playing with his euro twin and do a little less skating at wing on his sore leg. less is more for Z on this one. and the way Pav is playing, i'd add Z to his line and they'd be unstoppable. the other lines are playing great anyways.

Guest mjtm77

So you want Datsuyk to play on wing? that would make no sense

It is his knee not ankle.

How does winning tommorow give him more rest? it is still the same amount.

Winning faceoffs is not the only thing a center does .

He is not due back at anytime he will be back when we need him. expect nothing before round 2

Edited by mjtm77

IMO:

Dats/Z/Homer

Bert/Abby/Cleary

Hudler/Fil/Mule

Miller/Helm/Eaves

The second line has been really good on forechecking and backchecking to provide pressure on both ends of the ice, and I think the third would be a pretty beastly line.

And flat-out, Miller has been far better than Draper has, so Draper sits when Z is back.

But you have to reunite ZDH unless there are legit scoring threats that you need to shut down on multiple lines, like the Pens with Crosby and Malkin.

Edit: you can flip the order of the second and third lines, I'd imagine they'd get similar playing time in the game anyway.

Edited by Theophany

IMO:

Dats/Z/Homer

Bert/Abby/Cleary

Hudler/Fil/Mule

Miller/Helm/Eaves

The second line has been really good on forechecking and backchecking to provide pressure on both ends of the ice, and I think the third would be a pretty beastly line.

And flat-out, Miller has been far better than Draper has, so Draper sits when Z is back.

But you have to reunite ZDH unless there are legit scoring threats that you need to shut down on multiple lines, like the Pens with Crosby and Malkin.

Edit: you can flip the order of the second and third lines, I'd imagine they'd get similar playing time in the game anyway.

No way Mule is on the third and Abs is on the 2nd line.

So you want Datsuyk to play on wing? that would make no sense

It is his knee not ankle.

How does winning tommorow give him more rest? it is still the same amount.

Winning faceoffs is not the only thing a center does .

He is not due back at anytime he will be back when we need him. expect nothing before round 2

-Pasha on wing doesn't matter, and it does make sense because they've played together well enough this season and he didnt center it.

-Okay, my bad for saying ankle instead of knee. Please forgive me.

-Winning tomorrow a.) doesn't enforce him to play any this round b.) we have to wait until everyone is done with round 1.

-No s*** winning faceoff's isnt the only thing a center does, but thanks for reminding me, i completely forgot considering i played the sport. rolleyes.gif

Zetterberg bro. Sorry but that's bad....

He plays center. And he comes back next round.

ZETTERBERG

Well this thread was well researched :-P

Anyway I'll add my two cents. I think the Filp and Pasha line was the most realistic. I greatly doubt the return of ZDH; Babcock is worried about more bulls*** goalie interference calls against Homer. This is illustrated by both Babs's interviews and Homer's style of play as of late (he's still in front of the goal, but not nearly as close as before).

Guest blueadams

Here's the deal:

*Edited.

Two options. Either Hank's skating well enough to center his own line, in which case he probably will...or...he's not, in which case he'll flank Pav (has he ever flanked Flip or Abby? - No).

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen

Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Miller/Draper-Helm-Eaves

or

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen

Miller/Draper-Helm-Eaves

I don't think that Babs will want to break up the Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi or Draper-Helm-Eaves lines, as they've both been great. So, that kind of leaves Hudler in line for a promotion to a top six role once Hank's back, doesn't it?

Edited by blueadams

Guest CaliWingsNut

Here's the deal:

If Zetterberg's skating well enough to center his own line, he will. If he's not - and I'm guessing that he won't be, as I get the feeling that this is something that would've required immediate surgery had it occured pre-all star break, and will require surgery after the season - he'll play on Pav's wing (has he ever flanked Filppula or Abdelkader? - No). That's much more likely.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen

Draper/Miller-Helm-Eaves

Modano

The odd man out will be Draper or Miller, and it should be Draper, but none of us really know what goes into that decision (from Babcock's perspective).

The Z-D-H line will be great, as always, even with Hank at 75-ish percent. The Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi line has been great thus far, so I see no reason to break that up. The Draper-Helm-Eaves line has also been great thus far, so I see no reason to break that up either. That leaves us with a nice second scoring line of Hudler-Filppula-Franzen. It could hit. It could miss. But if I'm Babs, I'm giving it a shot.

Z's been seen walking without the brace, and they stated a 2nd degree MCL sprain. He won't need surgery.

Ongoing joke throughout thread.... he had it right :lol:

It's not a joke unless i'm involved with it! ranting.gif

** I GET IT WE'RE PURPOSELY MISSPELLING PLAYERS LAST NAMES BECAUSE OF THE OP **

funny%20police%20officer%20south%20park%20barbrady.jpg

Edited by evilzyme