• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

Who Does Zetterberg Play With If He Comes Back?

Rate this topic

Two options. Either Hank's skating well enough to center his own line, in which case he probably will...or...he's not, in which case he'll flank Pav (has he ever flanked Flip or Abby? - No).

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen

Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Miller/Draper-Helm-Eaves

or

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Zetterberg-Franzen

Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Miller/Draper-Helm-Eaves

I don't think that Babs will want to break up the Cleary-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi or Draper-Helm-Eaves lines, as they've both been great. So, that kind of leaves Hudler in line for a promotion to a top six role once Hank's back, doesn't it?

Assuming that everyone's healthy, I think you're correct and these are probably the lines we see. If two of Draper, Miller, Helm, and Eaves are injured; then Modano is dressed, Abdelkader takes the fourth line spot, and we only have a minor change. Most of the black aces can play gritty, but ultimately if we have to get down to dressing Mursak, Emmerton, Tatar, and iFlip in the same game there's a bigger issue and the Wings are probably in a situation that doesn't bode well.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Z-D-Mule line to start a game and separate them (move Z to center his own line) if it doesn't work out. That way Z can smoothly test out the sprain knee in a game environment. Everything thing else I would leave alone as the lines have been affective. As for the person who will sit I say Draper... Miller has outplayed him by a good margin IMO.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Z-D-Mule line to start a game and separate them (move Z to center his own line) if it doesn't work out. That way Z can smoothly test out the sprain knee in a game environment. Everything thing else I would leave alone as the lines have been affective. As for the person who will sit I say Draper... Miller has outplayed him by a good margin IMO.

I doubt we see that as a regular line. That would be stacking the team's three most productive offensive forwards on a single line. This would force a second line of what, Hudler/Filppula/Holmstrom? With Draper sitting and Z coming back, most likely Miller is moving to the fourth line. That sets the stage for Franzen to take Miller's spot and Z to take Franzen's; with a Z/Flip (or Dats/Flip) switch if you have Dats and Z apart.

Z returning in that fashion works out pretty well actually.

Guest Crymson

Miller will be scratched if both Franzen and Zetterberg return. The Draper-Helm-Eaves line is just far too valuable at this point.

Ongoing joke throughout thread.... he had it right :lol:

I do really miss the line of Kurt Maltby - Chris Draper - Darren McCarthy.

Miller will be scratched if both Franzen and Zetterberg return. The Draper-Helm-Eaves line is just far too valuable at this point.

I do really miss the line of Kurt Maltby - Chris Draper - Darren McCarthy.

Yeah, especially when those guys were out with Bob Rowse and Jamey McKowin.

Either

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen

Bertuzzi - Filppula - Cleary

Hudler - Abdelkader - Holmstrom

Miller - Helm - Eaves

OR

Cleary - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Zetterberg - Bertuzzi

Hudler - Filppula - Miller

Abdelkader - Helm - Eaves

Guest Crymson

Either

Miller - Helm - Eaves

OR

You're kidding yourself if you think that Draper will be removed in favor of Miller. The fourth line has been far too good for Babcock to consider breaking it up.

Guest blueadams

Either

Miller - Helm - Eaves

OR

insane.

You're kidding yourself if you think that Draper will be removed in favor of Miller. The fourth line has been far too good for Babcock to consider breaking it up.

Miller had a great series, 2 points, +2, good on the PK. I wouldn't be taking him out until his play declines.

I doubt we see that as a regular line. That would be stacking the team's three most productive offensive forwards on a single line. This would force a second line of what, Hudler/Filppula/Holmstrom? With Draper sitting and Z coming back, most likely Miller is moving to the fourth line. That sets the stage for Franzen to take Miller's spot and Z to take Franzen's; with a Z/Flip (or Dats/Flip) switch if you have Dats and Z apart.

Z returning in that fashion works out pretty well actually.

Considering that we are getting scoring from our entire lineup right now stacking our top line is not an issue. Again this would be a test to make sure his knee isn't bothering him to the point that he would be ineffective as a center of his own line. Let him get at least a period out there and see how it goes. If he does well then you can easily break them apart as Babs should know the good line combos by now.

Miller had a great series, 2 points, +2, good on the PK. I wouldn't be taking him out until his play declines.

The PK has been horrible so I wouldn't say anyone on the PK has been good.

Dats was solid, but I think Drapes played a more important role. 13 simply did what he had to do, but Draper is playing some of his best hockey, EVER!!!

Dats looked gas at times. Also some of his passes were horrible tonight.

Edited by dragonballgtz